Brahmatal New Year Summit 5D/4N
Basic information :
- Region: Uttarakhand
- Duration: 5 day(22 km)
- Grade: Easy To Moderate
- Best Time- (Dec-Mar)
- Altitude :- 12,200ft
- Base Camp: Lohajung
- Snow: Mid Dec to Mid March
- Group size:12 to 15
- Minimum Age: 15 years
- Maximum Age: 50 years
- Temperature: Day: 8°C to 15°C and Night: 0°C to 7°C
- Railway Station: Kathgodam is the nearest Railway station, is also accessible from Dehradun station
- ATM: Dewal has the last ATM point before your trek begins. It's advisable to withdraw money in Kathgodam / Dehradun itself
Why Brahmatal Trek?
Brahmatal Trek takes you to the lake where Lord Brahma meditated as per the folklores. Brahmatal Trek gives you an opportunity to venture into the snow-covered slopes of the Himalayas and trekking in snow challenges every trekker who goes for a winter trek in the Himalayas. Brahmatal Trek is a great winter trek option that lies on the other side of the famous Roopkund Trek.
Brahmatal is a classic winter trek, however, can also be done in the summers, the trek leads you to a beautiful lake at over 12,200 Feet, and eventually, we summit the peak nearby called Brahmatal Peak, the trek is perfect in winters as the lake freezes and the background is lined by seven thousand of the mighty Himalayan Range. The trek is made even interesting as the route of going and coming back is different and hence offering new views every day.
Brahmatal Trek Highlights:
- Get a chance to witness the many small hamlets and stream through the trek. Feast your eyes as you witness the beauty of the whole region from the top
- Enjoy camping at a high summit and the clear night sky under the billions of stars. Also, enjoy a small bonfire with your friends.
- Trek through some of the most alpine and forests of fir, Rhododendron, and Oak.
- Get a chance to witness the rare flora and fauna of this region as you continue your trek.
- Catch glimpses of magnificent Himalayan Ranges. Mt. Trishul is very close along with the views of Nanda Ghunti.
- During your trek, you will also trek through Chota Jhandidar and Bada Jhandidar.
- The snow-capped mountain and the distant valleys will definitely make you wish to come back here once again.
- And also meet the local people here and share a cup of tea while you learn about their culture.
- Also, taste the local cuisine of this region while you head out for this trek.
Brief Itinerary :
- Day 01: Dehradun /Kathgodam to Lohajung (220 km l 8-9 hours l Altitude 7600ft)
- Day 02: Lohajung to Bekaltal( 6 km l 5 hours l Altitude 9690 ft)
- Day 03: Bekaltal to Daldum via peak summit ( 5.5kms l 6 hours l Altitude 10440ft)
- Day 04: Daldum to Lohajung ( 3.5kms, 3 hours l 7600 ft)
- Day 05: Lohajung to Dehradun (220 km l 8-9 hours l 1483 ft)
Available Group Departures from Dehradun :
- 29th Dec to 2nd Jan
- 30th Dec to 3rd Jan
- 31st Jan to 4th Jan
Available Group Departures from Delhi:
- 28th Dec to 3rd Jan
- 29thth Dec to 4th Jan
- 30th Jan to 5th Jan
Available Group Departures from Mumbai/Pune :
- 27th Dec to 4th Jan
- 28thth Dec to 5th Jan
- 29th Jan to 6th Jan
- Lohajung to Lohajung: 6444/-
- Dehradun / Kathgodam to Dehradun / Kathgodam: 7999/- ( 2k extra for Rafting, Cliff jump, Stay)
- Delhi to Delhi: 10,499/- via Non-ac Train / Bus ( 2k extra for Rafting, Cliff jump, Stay)
- Mumbai / Pune to Mumbai / Pune: 12999/- via Non-ac Train ( 2k extra for Rafting, Cliff jump, Stay)
Note: RESERVE YOUR SLOT BY PAYING JUST 3000/- AS A TOKEN AMOUNT
Day T-1: Mumbai / Pune to Delhi
- Report at Mumbai central station at 08:30 pm
- People from Pune are requested to take a cab.
- The second boarding point is Borivali station for Western line people
Day 00: Delhi - Dehradun ( 254 km l 6 hours l Dehradun 1,466 feet)
- Pick Up Point: Majnu ka Tila around 10:00 pm.
- You will be reaching early morning Dehradun where you will be meeting your fellow trekkers(if any).
Day 01: Dehradun /Kathgodam to Lohajung (220 km l 8-9 hours l Altitude 7600ft)
- The journey starts from Dehradun and takes around 8-9 hours to reach Lohajung which is the base camp for the Brahmatal trek.
- Lohajung is located in the Chamoli district in Uttarakhand.
- Mighty Nanda Ghunti peak welcomes you at Lohajung, enjoy your evening looking at the last rays of the sun disappearing from the peak.
- Lohajung is also the basecamp for the renowned Roopkund trek.
- Overnight stay at a homestay in Lohajung.
Day 02 - Lohajung to Bekaltal( 6 km l 5 hours l Altitude 9690 ft)
- Wake Up early morning and freshen up, have a healthy breakfast, and start your trek towards Bekaltal.
- Today you will get the first glimpse of Mt. Trishul.
- Bekaltal is a lake surrounded by a thick forest.
- The trek is around 6 km and will take around 5 hours to complete the trek.
- Enjoy your evening soaking in the positive vibes of hills.
- Night stay at the campsite.
Day 03: Bekaltal to Daldum via peak summit ( 5.5kms l 6 hours l Altitude 10440ft)
- Wake Up early morning freshen up have a healthy breakfast and start your trek towards Brahmatal Summit.
- You will find yourself between the dense Oak and Rhododendron forests.
- It’s a 5.5kms trek, it will take around 5-6 hours to reach Brahmatal.
- In winter’s Brahmatal lake is completely frozen.
- After the summit descend to Daldum
- Night stay at the campsite.
Day 04: Daldum to Lohajung ( 3.5kms, 3 hours l 7600 ft)
- Wake Up early morning freshen up have a healthy breakfast and start your trek towards Lohajung.
- Enjoy your descent by remembering those moments you spend at the Brahmatal top.
- The descent is around 3.5kms and will take around 3 hours.
- Overnight stay at a homestay in Lohajung.
Day 05: Lohajung to Dehradun (220 km l 8-9 hours l 1483 ft)
- Wake Up early morning and freshen up, have a healthy breakfast, and drive back to Dehradun.
- Take a bus to Delhi from Dehradun
Note: If you're not opting for rafting, we will drop you at Dehradun airport/railway station by 1 PM. You can plan the return journey accordingly.
Add on: Rishikesh rafting - 16 KM with Stay, Cliff Jump - Extra 2000/-
- We will complete the rafting activity before 1 PM
- Take a bus to Delhi at the night
- Travel overnight
Day 07: Delhi - Mumbai
- You will be reaching early morning Delhi.
- Take the train to Mumbai at 04:25 am
- Travel overnight
Day T+1: Reach Mumbai / Pune
- Reach Mumbai around 02:45 pm
- Take a cab to Pune and reach Pune by 08:00 pm
Stay: Guest House/Tents
- Exercise, (Yoga),
- Trekking, Games, Camping, Bonfire with music at the Base campsite.
- Transportation during the Brahmatal Trek.
- Camping equipment like tents, sleeping bags, and sleeping mats.
- Guide, helper, cook, and the other required staff.
- Forest entry charges and all the necessary charges and permit fees while going on Brahmatal Trek
- The basic first aid kit.
- Food: Meals while on trek ( Veg + Egg) from Dinner on 1st Day to Breakfast to Day 6th.
- Morning Evening Tea with Light Snacks during the Trek.
For people who've opted for River Rafting:
- Rafting of 16 KM in Ganga river
- Cliff jumping
- GoPro shoot
- Pick up & Drop from Hotel
- Day 6 stay in Homestay
- River Rafting:
- First-Aid Medical Kit with the Team
- Personal Expenses and also the personal porters for personal use to cover the Brahmatal Trek.
- 5% Gst
- Transport to and from the starting point.
- Insurance of any kind for this Brahma Tal Trek route.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- If you wish to Offload your Backpack ( Personal Bag ) you can give it to Potter / Mules.
- Charges Offloading Per Backpack - 300 / Day.
Rental Gear for 5 days :
- Winter Jacket (-5 degrees) - Rs. 500
- Trekking pole - Rs. 200
- Poncho - Rs. 200
- Gloves - Rs. 200
- Gaiters - Rs. 200
- Crampons - Rs. 400
- Head torch - Rs. 150
- Trekking Shoe - Rs. 500
- GoPro - Rs. 2500
- Trek pant - Rs. 400
Things to carry:
- Day Bag(20-30 liter) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- BackPack(50-60 liter) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits, and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner-wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
Protect Your Head
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Payment Details :
UPI ID: 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank Name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp 8850043643 for confirmation, we will then share a form for the final booking procedure.
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days before the event date then no refunds will be given.
- No show = No refund.
Trekhievers Policy :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- The detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
Contact details :
Vaibhavi - 8850043643 | Nitin - 7387523876 | Chetan - 8928861733