- All travel enthusiasts, we have something for you. A place that gives the joy of trekking to the frozen lake. Yes, you heard it right! Brahamatal is worth experiencing. Located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, this place has a lot to offer. From magnificent frozen lakes and beautiful scenic views to mesmerizing views of the Himalayas and the Rhododendron forest. Earlier, there was a Roopkund trek that would lead to the frozen lake but was closed. People wanted a similar experience, and that's when Brahamatal came into the picture. Brahamatal offers a blend of adventurous trails and excellent views. Brahamatal is at a height of 12200 ft and the final destination of this trek is the frozen lake where you can witness the sparkling beauty of nature. Brahamatal is a classic winter trek. The route for going to the destination and coming back is different, which means you can witness different scenic views. Another popular place is Lohajung, the base camp for the Brahmatal trek that offers beautiful mountain views. This trekking experience will be a memorable one because of the experiences it has for you. During the trek, you climb through the rhododendron and oak forest which is a mesmerizing treat for your eyes. Also, when you reach the top of the Brahmatal peak, you get to witness the magnificent surrounding views of the Himalayan ranges. The trek level is moderate because this place does have a few steep slopes. If you are an experienced trekker, then this won't be difficult for you. If you want to experience a trek like never before, then Brahmatal is for you.
Brahmatal Trek Info:
- Duration: 6D/5N
- Brahmatal Trek Distance: 22km
- Brahmatal Trek Height: 12,150 ft
- Bhramatal Trek Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Temperature: Day: (8°C to 15°C) and Night: (0°C to -7°C)
- Best Time for Brahmatal Trek: December - March
- Nearest Railway Station: Kathgodam is the nearest railway station
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
- Nearest ATM: Dewal has the last ATM point before your trek begins. It's advisable to withdraw money in Kathgodam itself.
- Start/End Point: Dehradun
- Day 1: Dehradun/Kathgodam to Lohajung
- Day 2: Lohajung to Bekaltal
- Day 3: Bekaltal to Brahmatal Basecamp
- Day 4: Brahmatal Basecamp to Brahmatal Summit and back
- Day 5: Brahmatal Basecamp to Lohajung
- Day 6: Lohajung to Dehradun/Kathgodam
For customized dates & packages, 7387523876
Available Group Departures from Dehradun :
- October: 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30
- November: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
- December: Daily Departures
New Year & Christmas Batch: 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ( High Demand )
- January: 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29
- February: Daily Departures
- March: Daily Departures
Lohajung to Lohajung (Basecamp):
7,499/-5,699/- per person
Dehradun to Dehradun:
9,499/-7,999 /- ( 3k extra for Rafting, Cliff jump, Stay, Meals)
- Delhi to Delhi: 9,999/- ( 3k extra for Rafting, Cliff jump, Stay, Meals)
- Mumbai / Pune to Mumbai / Pune (10D/9N): 12999/- via Non-ac Train ( 3k extra for Rafting, Cliff jump, Stay, Meals)
Note: Pay 2000/- to block your seats and pay the rest 15 days prior to the event
- Get a chance to witness one of the most beautiful peaks in India
- Treat your eyes to the extraordinary beauty of Rhododendron and Oak forests.
- Experience camping and stargazing at the summit
- Experience an exciting trek through the snow-covered mountains
- Catch glimpses of magnificent Himalayan Ranges.
- Learn about the vibrant culture of the locals
Things to keep in Mind while visiting Brahmatal:
- You can visit Brahmatal in all seasons
- If you wish to witness the frozen lake, then you should visit in the winters
- It is a moderate-level trek
- You need to have a bit of experience in trekking
- The temperature in Brahmatal during winters is always less than 8 degrees Celsius.
- The chances of getting acute mountain sickness are high during the Brahmatal trek.
- It is advisable to avoid trekking during monsoons because the path tends to get slippery.
- There's a possibility that you might not get a network ahead of Lohajung
Day 00: Delhi - Dehradun ( 254 km l 6 hours l Dehradun 1,466 feet)
- Pick Up Point: Majnu ka Tila around 10:00 pm.
- You will be reaching early morning Dehradun where you will be meeting your fellow trekkers(if any).
Day 01: Dehradun /Kathgodam to Lohajung (220 km l 8-9 hours l Altitude 7600ft)
- The journey starts from Dehradun and takes around 8-9 hours to reach Lohajung which is the base camp for the Brahmatal trek.
- Lohajung is located in the Chamoli district in Uttarakhand.
- Mighty Nanda Ghunti peak welcomes you at Lohajung, enjoy your evening looking at the last rays of the sun disappearing from the peak.
- Lohajung is also the base camp for the renowned Roopkund trek.
- Overnight stay at a homestay in Lohajung.
Day 02: Lohajung to Bekaltal (6 km l 5 hours l Altitude 9690 ft)
- Wake Up early morning and freshen up, have a healthy breakfast, and start your trek towards Bekaltal.
- Today you will get the first glimpse of Mt. Trishul.
- Bekaltal is a lake surrounded by a thick forest.
- The trek is around 6 km and will take around 5 hours to complete the trek.
- Enjoy your evening soaking in the positive vibes of the hills.
- Night stay at the campsite.
Day 03: Bekaltal to Brahmatal Basecamp (5.5kms l 6 hours l Altitude 10440ft)
- Enjoy the snow-covered pathways that let you reach Brahmatal. It will take around 4 hours to complete the trek.
- The trails go through a forest and when you reach Telindi top, behold the enchanting views of the mighty Himalayas.
- Continue walking to finally arrive in Brahmatal or Khabekhal Lake.
- Stay overnight in tents.
Day 04: Brahmatal Base to Summit to Brahmatal Base
- Right after breakfast, get ready to climb to the top of Brahmatal.
- Tread along the tricky pathways which go through Chota Jhandidar and Bada Jhandidar.
- This trail is encircled by a mountain ridge with valleys on both sides.
- It will take 2.5 hours to reach Brahmatal Top.
- On this journey, revel in glimpses of the magnificent Himalayan Ranges. Mt. Trishul is very close to the views of Nandhaghunti.
- From the top, you can revel in the exotic views of the snow-covered Himalayan Ranges.
- Proceed to the next campsite in Daldum and the trek will take up to 3 hours to finish. 2.7 KM will be the distance you would be covering with this trek.
- Again, forests will be accompanying you through these trekking trails.
- Stay overnight in tents.
Day 05: Brahmatal Basecamp to Lohajung ( 3.5kms, 3 hours l 7600 ft)
- Wake Up early morning freshen up have a healthy breakfast and start your trek towards Lohajung.
- Enjoy your descent by remembering those moments you spend at the Brahmatal top.
- The descent is around 3.5kms and will take around 3 hours.
- Overnight stay at a homestay in Lohajung.
Day 06: Lohajung to Dehradun (220 km l 8-9 hours l 1483 ft)
- Wake Up early morning and freshen up, have a healthy breakfast, and drive back to Dehradun.
- The Brahmatal Trek ends here if you haven't opted for Rishikesh's stay and Rafting
- If you have opted for an additional Rishikesh stay, take a sharing cab to Rishikesh from Dehradun.
- Reach the hostel and check-in. Have Dinner.
- Stay: Rishikesh (Hostel 4 - 6 sharing)
- Meals: Breakfast
Note: If you're not opting for rafting, we will drop you at Dehradun airport/railway station by 2 PM. You can plan the return journey accordingly.
Add on: Rishikesh rafting - 16 KM with Stay, Meals (Dinner and Breakfast), and Cliff jump - Extra 3000/-
Day 6: Rishikesh Rafting & Sightseeing
- Wake up and have breakfast
- Proceed for 16 km River Rafting
- We will complete the rafting activity before 1 PM
- Later self-explore Rishikesh's local sightseeing, Cafes, and market.
- Visit Triveni Ghat for Ganga Arti
- Later take a bus to Delhi at the night
- Travel overnight
Day 07: Delhi - Mumbai
- You will be reaching early morning Delhi.
- Take the train to Mumbai at 04:25 PM
- Travel overnight
- Transportation (Dehradun to Dehradun)
- Food: Day-1 Dinner to Day-6 Breakfast.
- Accommodation: Four Nights Camping during the trek on Sharing Basis
- Tents, Mattresses, and Sleeping Bags
- Toilet Tents – Dry Pit Style
- Kitchen Tent, Equipment & All Rations
- Trek Leader & Assistant Trek Leader / Local Guide
- Support team
- Porters / Mules (for Equipment)
- Mountaineering Course Qualified Trek Leader
- Local Support Team for Geographical Intelligence
- Crampons / Micro-spikes to the Trekkers (if Required)
- First-Aid Medical Kit with the Team
For people who've opted for River Rafting:
- Rafting of 16 KM in Ganga river
- Cliff jumping
- Day 6 stay in Hostel Stay with Dinner and Breakfast
- Personal Gears
- Meals During Transportation
- Any additional permit cost if charged over Rs. 500/-
- Tips, Gratitude to the Team
- GST (5%)
We also offer trekking gear for rental.
Rental Gear for 5 days :
- Winter Jacket (-5 degrees) - Rs. 500
- Trekking pole - Rs. 200
- Poncho - Rs. 200
- Gloves - Rs. 200
- Gaiters - Rs. 200
- Crampons - Rs. 400
- Head torch - Rs. 150
- Trekking Shoe - Rs. 500
- GoPro - Rs. 2500
- Trek pants - Rs. 400
Things to carry:
- Day Bag(20-30 liter) with Rain Cover (If you hire a mule or porter)
- BackPack(50-60 liter) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits, and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner-wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
Protect Your Head
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Payment Details :
UPI ID: 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp number 7387523876 for confirmation, we will then share a form for the final booking procedure.
- The token amount is non-refundable.
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days before the event date then no refunds will be given.
- No show = No refund.
Trekhievers Policy :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- The detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
Nitin: 7387523876 | Akshay: 7397823876 | Pravin: 7208620046
1) What is the height of the Brahmatal peak?
The Brahmatal trek is at a height of 12200 ft (3734 meters)
2) Can we visit Brahamatal in winter?
Yes, during the winter season, you get to witness the real beauty of Brahamatal and the mesmerizing frozen lake.
3) What is the best time to visit Brahmatal?
The best time to visit Brahmatal is the entire year because every season has a different experience for you.
4) What is the difficulty level of the Brahmatal trek?
The difficulty level of Brahmatal is easy to moderate