Brahmatal Winter Trek 6D/5N
Basic information :
- Region: Uttarakhand
- Duration: 6 day(22 kms)
- Grade:Easy To Moderate
- Best Time- (Dec-Mar)
- Altitude :- 12,200ft
- Base Camp: Lohajung
- Snow: Mid Dec to Mid March
- Group size:12 to 15
- Minimum Age: 15 years
- Maximum Age: 50 years
- Temperature: Day: 8°C to 15°C and Night: 0°C to 7°C
- Railway Station: Kathgodam is the nearest Railway station, is also accessible from Dehradun station
- ATM: Dewal has the last ATM point before your trek begins. It's advisable to withdraw money in Kathgodam / Dehradun itself
WHY BRAHMATAL TREK ?
Brahmatal Trek takes you the lake where Lord Brahma meditated as per the folklores . Brahmatal Trek gives you an opportunity to venture in snow covered slopes of Himalayas and trekking in snow challenges every trekker who goes for winter trek in Himalayas. Brahmatal Trek is great winter trek option lies on the other side of the famous Roopkund Trek.
Brahmatal is a classic winter trek, however, can also be done in the summers, the trek leads you to a beautiful lake at over 12,200 Feet and eventually we summit the peak nearby called Brahmatal Peak, the trek is perfect in winters as the lake freezes and the background is lined by seven thousand of the mighty Himalayan Range. The trek is made even interesting as the route of going and coming back is different and hence offering new views every day.
Brahmatal Trek Highlights :
- Get a chance to witness the many small hamlets and stream through the trek. Feast your eyes as you witness the beauty of the whole region from the top
- Enjoy camping at a high summit and the clear night sky under the billions of stars. Also, enjoy a small bonfire with your friends.
- Trek through some of the most alpine and forests of fir, Rhododendron and Oak.
- Get a chance to witness the rare flora and fauna of this region as you continue your trek.
- Catch the glimpses of magnificent Himalayan Ranges. Mt. Trishul is very close along with the views of Nanda Ghunti.
- During your trek you will also trek through Chota Jhandidar and Bada Jhandidar.
- The snow-capped mountain and the distant valleys will definitely make you wish to come back here once again.
- And also meet the local people here and share a cup of tea while you learn about their culture.
- Also, taste the local cuisine of this region while you head out for this trek.
- Lohajung to Lohajung - 6444/-
- Dehradun / Kathgodam to Dehradun / Kathgodam : 7999/-
- Delhi to Delhi : 10,499/- via Non-ac Train / Bus
- Mumbai / Pune to Mumbai / Pune : 12999/- via Non-ac Train
Note : Please keep a buffer day for your retrun journey .
Dates (fixed departure) :
October - 10 , 17, 24, 31 | November - 7, 14, 21, 28 | December - 5, 12, 19, 26 | January - 2, 16, 23, 30 | February - 6, 13, 20, 27
Day T-2 : Mumbai / Pune to Delhi
- Report at Bandra station at 11:00 am
- People from pune are requested to take 06:00 am Sinhagad Express Train to Dadar as the train frequency from pune to delhi is low and also has odd timings. .
- Second boarding point is Borivali station for Western line people
Day T-1 : Delhi to Dehradun
- Reach Delhi 01:30 pm .
- Take a train to Kathgodam ( anywhere between 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm )
- Start overnight journey from Delhi to Kathgodam
Day 0 : Dehradun /Kathgodam to Lohajung (220 kms l 8-9 hours l Altitude 7600ft)
- The journey starts from Kathgodam and takes around 8-9 hours to reach Lohajung which is the base camp for Brahmatal trek.
- Lohajung is located at Chamoli district in Uttarakhand.
- Mighty Nanda Ghunti peak welcomes you at Lohajung, enjoy your evening looking at the last rays of the sun disappearing from the peak.
- Lohajung is also the basecamp for the renowned Roopkund trek.
- Overnight stay at a home stay in Lohajung.
Day 1 - Lohajung to Bekaltal( 6 kms l 5 hours l Altitude 9690 ft)
- Wake Up early morning and freshen up, have a healthy breakfast and start your trek towards Bekaltal.
- Today you will get first glimpse of Mt. Trishul.
- Bekaltal is a lake surrounded by thick forest.
- The trek is around 6 kms and will take around 5 hours to complete the trek.
- Enjoy your evening soaking in the positive vibes of hills.
- Night stay at the campsite.
Day 2 : Bekaltal to Brahmatal( 7kms l 5-6 hours l Altitude 10440ft)
- Wake Up early morning freshen up have a healthy breakfast and start your trek towards Brahmatal.
- You will find yourself between the dense Oak and Rhododendron forests.
- It’s a 7kms trek, it will take around 5-6 hours to reach Brahmatal.
- In winter’s Brahmatal lake is completely frozen.
- Night stay at the campsite.
Day 3 : Brahmatal to Brahmatal top and back( 7kms l 7 hours l 12250ft)
- Wake Up early morning and freshen up, have a healthy breakfast and start your trek towards Brahmatal top.
- Finally, the day comes when you will reach the highest altitude of the trek 12250ft.
- The trek is around 7kms and will take around 7 hours.
- You will get great views from the top of the majestic Trishul and Nanda Ghunti.
- Back to Brahmatal campsite.
Day 4 : Brahmatal to Lohajung (9kms , 5 hours l 7600 ft)
- Wake Up early morning freshen up have a healthy breakfast and start your trek towards Lohajung.
- Enjoy your descent by remembering those moments you spend at the Brahmatal top.
- The descent is around 9kms and will take around 5 hours.
- Overnight stay at a homestay in Lohajung.
Day 5 : Lohajung to Kathgodam(220 kms l 8-9 hours l 1483 ft)
- Wake Up early morning and freshen up, have a healthy breakfast and drive back to Kathgodam.
- Take train to Delhi @8:35 pm from kathgodam
Day T+1 : Delhi to Mumbai/Pune
- Reach Delhi @5:20 am
- Take train to Mumbai anywhere between 7:00 am to 10:00 am
- Travel overnight
Day T+2 : Reach Mumbai / Pune
- Reach Mumbai around 5:00 am to 10:00 am
- Take train to pune around 7:00 am to 11:00 am and reach pune by 4 pm
Stay : Guest House/Tents
- Exercise, (Yoga),
- Trekking, Games, Camping, Bonfire with music at Base camp site.
- Transportation during the Brahmatal Trek.
- Camping equipment like the tents, sleeping bags and the sleeping mats.
- Guide, helper, cook and the other required staff.
- Forest entry charges and all the necessary charges and permit fees while going on Brahmatal Trek
- The basic first aid kit.
- Food: Meals while on trek ( Veg + Egg) from Dinner on 1st Day to Breakfast to Day 6th.
- Morning Evening Tea with Light Snacks during the Trek.
- Personal Expenses and also the personal porters for personal use to cover the Brahmatal Trek.
- Transport to and from the starting point.
- Insurance of any kind for this Brahma Tal Trek route.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- If you wish to Offloading your Backpack ( Personal Bag ) you can give it to Potter / Mules.
- Charges Offloading Per Backpack - 300 / Day.
Thing to Carry :
- Woolen Sweater (carry 5 layers during winter trek)
- Fleece Jacket
- Padded Jacket
- T-shirts (3)
- Trekking pants (2)
- Undergarments (4 pair)
- Woolen Cap
- Socks (both cotton and woolen)
- Trekking pole
- Medical Kit.
Payment Details :
UPI ID : 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp 8850043643 for confirmation , we will then share a form for final booking procedure .
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days before the event date then no refunds will be given.
- No show = No refund.
TREKHIEVERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- Detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the rights to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs and no litter policy.
Contact details :
Vaibhavi - 8850043643 | Nitin - 7387523876 | Chetan - 8928861733