- It’s an easy to moderate trek that offers rare access to the Uttarakhand Himalayas which has an expanse of the valley covered with flowers. It is also considered an ideal trek for first-timers even including family and kids. One also gets a chance to visit the highest pilgrimage location of Hemkund Sahib.
- The valley itself is about 2km wide and 8 km long and the best time to visit is between July to mid of September. The temperature on this trek usually stays somewhere between 5 to 20 degrees celsius. And you can expect moderate rainfall even while trekking and the valley usually has a thick cloud cover. The most difficult part of the trek is the climb to Hemkund Sahib on the last day where we cover an altitude of about 4,300 ft in a day and that can be a bit strenuous.
- The valley was first discovered accidentally by a group of mountaineers in 1931 who were returning from an expedition to Mount Kamet. Frank Smythe, Eric Shipton, and RL Holdsworth were a part of this team. In 1980, Valley of Flowers was declared a national park and in 2000, Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve added it as the second core zone. It now comes under UNESCO’s Man and the Biosphere (MAB) program. There are about 500 varieties of flowers that are found here and some of them even have medicinal properties. Since a number of plant species are considered threatened, any kind of animal grazing is not allowed in this region. When on the trek, you’ll even get to visit the memorial grave of Joan Margaret.
- The visit to Hemkund Sahib i.e. the highest religious place covered in the itinerary is difficult but rewarding and if you happen to have an extra day, you can even visit Badrinath or explore Rishikesh on your last day.
- There are well-marked trails and a series of steps laid out at some of the sections of the trek. Mules are available from Govindghat to Ghangaria and Hemkund Sahib but are not allowed to go inside the main valley. You must not expect a luxurious stay while on the trek, there is no camping on this trek and basic lodges are provided where you can expect a bit of seepage smell. There are very high chances of rainfall during the trek days. Also, keep a buffer day in your itinerary as there can be roadblocks due to the rain.
- It's a must to carry a good quality rain jacket or a poncho at all times when on the trails. Weather-resistant backpack covers should be used to keep the insides of the bag dry. Waterproof trekking shoes are recommended and you should always carry several pairs of socks when on monsoon treks.
Basic information :
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Duration: 6 Days
- Maximum Altitude:14,100 Ft.
- Base Camp: Joshimath
Best time to visit: July to September
- Day 1: Rishikesh to Joshimath
- Day 2: Drive Joshimath to Govindghat -Pulna and Trek to Ghangharia
- Day 3: Ghangaria to Valley of Flower back to Ghangaria
- Day 4: Ghangaria to Hemkund Sahib back to Ghangaria
- Day 5: Ghangaria to Govindghat and drive to Joshimath
- Day 6: Govindghat to Rishikesh
Note: On Day 6, you’ll reach Rishikesh between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm. You can book your travel any time after 7:00 pm
- Govindghat to Govindghat: 6,500/-
- Rishikesh to Rishikesh: 8,500/-
- Delhi to Delhi: 10,500/-
Note: Please keep a buffer day for your return journey.
- July: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 18, 23, 24, 30, 31
- August: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 27, 28
- September: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Day 1- Rishikesh to Joshimath
- Distance- 250 km, Altitude 1,900m/6,200ft.
- Pick up from Rishikesh bus station 06:00am / TTH office 07:00am
- Driving Time-10-11 hrs.
- The last ATM point is available in Joshimath.
- Market available in Joshimath.
- Networks are available all along the way.
- Guest house stay (Shared Accommodation).
- Rishikesh to Devprayag (confluence of Bhagirathi river and Alaknanda river)
- Devprayag to Srinagar
- Srinagar to Rudrapryag (confluence of Mandakini river and Alaknanda river)
- Rudrapryag to Karnprayag (confluence of Pindar river and Alaknanda river)
Day 2- Drive Joshimath to Govindghat - Pulna, and Trek to Ghangharia
- 20 km, 40 minutes, Govindghat (2,000m/6,800ft). travel is included in the cost.
- 5 km 10 minutes, Pulna travel is included in the cost.
- 9 km 4 hours, Pulna to Ghangharia (2,290m/9,800ft).
- Gradual ascent on a stone-paved path, all the way along the river.
- Water is available along the route.
- Packed lunch will be given.
- Mule and porter facility is available from Pulna.
- BSNL network is available at Ghangaria.
- Helicopter service is available from Govind ghat to Ghangaria and fro only if the weather allows (Not included).
- Stay in a guest house (Shared Accommodation).
Noteworthy Sites: Govinddham Gurudwara, Govindghat; Hemkund Gurudwara base, Ghangharia; Valley of Flowers Information Center; Ghangharia
Day 3- Ghangaria to Valley of Flower and back to Ghangaria
- Altitude- 3,500m/11,500ft.
- Distance- 4 km, each way.
- Trek Time- 7 hours.
- The Valley is 6-7 km long and ends with a glacier.
- Mixed incline till the valley followed by a level walk on grassland.
- Can refill water bottles from streams on the way.
- Packed lunch will be given, but no food is available in the valley.
- Camping inside the valley is not allowed, can’t stay after sunset.
- Night stay in Guest house (Shared Accommodation).
Prominent flowers:- Blue Poppy, Snake Foil, White Leaf Hog Foot, Himalayan Rose, Meadow Geranium, Dog Flower, Hooked Stick Seed, and River Anemone.
Day 4- Ghangaria to Hemkund Sahib and back to Ghangaria
- Altitude- 4,300m/14,100 ft.
- Distance- 5.5 km, each way.
- Trek Time- 7 hours.
- Gradual and steep mixed ascent on a stair-welled stone-paved path.
- Mule ride service is available till Hemkund Sahib.
- Can refill water from roadside dhabas.
- Hot lunch at Gurduwara langar.
- Brahma Kamal, a Himalayan blue poppy can be seen on the way to Hemkund Sahib.
- Night stay in Guest house.
Day 5- Ghangaria to Govindghat and Drive to Joshimath (Badrinath optional)
- Distance to Govind Ghat- 13 km
- Trek Time-5 hours
- Driving Time- 20 mins
- Packed lunch
- Guest house stay
Note- GovindGhat to Badrinath is a landslide-prone area in monsoon time so if our leaders find that your safety is in risk due to weather conditions/ landslide or road blockage then we shall skip Badrinath altogether and drive to Joshimath directly.
Day 6:- Joshimath to Rishikesh
- After Morning Tea/Coffee, Depart home.
- You’ll reach Rishikesh between 5 -6:00 pm. You can book further travel any time after 7:00 pm.
- Keep a buffer day.
- Distance, Altitude, and Trekking hours are approximate and round off.
- Keep original and copy of ID proof handy.
- Accommodation (Guesthouse) Joshimath on Day 1 and Day 5, Ghangharia on Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4
- Meals while on the trek from the Day 1st Dinner to the Day 6th Breakfast
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader
- First aid: Medical kits, Stretcher, Oxygen cylinder
- All necessary entry fees and permits.
- Porters/mules to carry central equipment.
- Transport Rishikesh to Joshimath and return as per the Itinerary
- Meals during road journeys.
- 5% GST
- Accommodation in Dehradun.
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list.
Things to Carry:
- Woolen Sweater (carry 5 layers during winter trek)
- Fleece Jacket
- Padded Jacket
- T-shirts (3)
- Trekking pants (2)
- Undergarments (4 pairs)
- Woolen Cap
- Socks (both cotton and woolen)
- Trekking pole
- Medical Kit.
Payment Details :
UPI ID: 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp number 7387523876 for confirmation, we will then share a form for the final booking procedure.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-30 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, our service partner will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity.
- For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard-earned money.
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable on the same event.
- A complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule in case
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
Nitin: 7387523876 | Akshay: 7397823876 | Pravin: 7208620046