The Beas Kund trek takes you to the source of the Bear river - Beas Kund, located at an altitude of 3893 m, deep in the Himalayas. This Manali trek starts at Solang, the slopes for which are especially popular amongst ski enthusiasts and those looking for adventure activities like paragliding in the valley.
During the adventure, you will be staying in camps overnight! Experience the brilliance of sharing tents, talking late into the night, and huddling in your sleeping bags after a long, exciting day!
The Beas Kund is located inside the Kullu Valley and is considered a holy lake and is the River Beas' original supply. As the name implies, the Beas Kund trek is the trek to the river Beas' origin.This lake is at an altitude of 3,650 meters at Mount Hanuman Tibba and Seven Sisters' lap. Some people believe that Rishi Vyas used to take his bath in this lake. The Beas Kund Trek is considered the least complicated trek in the Himachal Himalayan region. The trek starts from Solang Nallah. Solang Nallah, located at the height of 8,400 feet, is the crown of Kullu valley. It is located 13 km above Manali. In Manali, Solang Nallah is one of the favorite destinations for snow sports like skiing and paragliding. There are some wonderful spots to enjoy as the Beas river flows through the place.Snaking through the Solang valley gives a rejuvenating experience, and the trip is filled up with several wonders. On your Beas Kund Trek path, you can explore the mesmerizing meadows of Dhundi and Bakarthach. You will also see some of the majestic peaks such as Hanuman Tibba, Friendship Peak, Shitidhar, and Seven Sisters on this trek. You will also explore the Beas Kund Glacier while moving towards Beas Kund. The Beas Kund Trek is a perfect summer trek and is ideal for those beginners because of its short duration and easy hiking.
Basic information :
- Difficulty - Easy
- Duration - 3 Days
- Max Altitude :12,772 feet
- Base Camp - Solang
- Best time to visit - May - June
Trek type - Foot Trails
- Day 01:Trek from Solang to Dhundi | 4hrs.
- Day 02: Trek from Dhundi to Beas Kund & Back | 8-10hrs.
- Day 03:Trek from Dhundi to Solang Valley | 4hrs.
- Beas Kund Ex Solang: Rs 4499/-
- Beas Kund Ex Manali: Rs 5499/-
- Delhi - Delhi: 6,999/-
Note : Please keep a buffer day for your return journey .
- May: Daily Departure
- June: Daily Departure
- July: Daily Departure
- August: Daily Departure
- September: Daily Departure
- October: Daily Departure
Day 1: Trek from Solang to Dhundi | 4hrs.
- Meet our representative in Solang.
- We will start the trek to Dhundhi, located at an altitude of 3149 m, early in the morning after a gratifying breakfast prepared for you.
- The trek will take us through towering fir trees and dense oak and walnut forests.
- Enjoy the fresh forest fragrance and the silence pervading the woods, except for the occasional bird and the sound of your footsteps.
- The trek is around 8 km long and the terrain a soft, gradual incline. The sight of Hanuman Tibba in the distance is enchanting on its own!
- Upon reaching, set up camp in Dhundi and relax. The campsite at Dhundhi presents to the trekkers a splendid vista of the Beas river, meandering past boulders, and green slopes all around.
- After a delicious dinner, you can retire to your tent for the night
Day 2: Trek from Dhundi to Beas Kund & Back | 8-10hrs.
- Rise at the crack of dawn to bask in the glorious Himalayan sunrise. After breakfast, we start the first leg of the trek, to Beas Kund, perched at an altitude of 3893 m.
- Throughout the hike, the breathtaking vista of the snow-capped Himalayas never leaves you alone. You can recognize Deo Tibba and Indrasan easily.
- Fir and spruce trees spread their fragrance throughout your way. However, by the time you reach the lake, all sorts of flora, even patches of grass, would disappear altogether, and only bare mountains and patches of snow are visible.
- After trekking for a while you reach Beas Kund. The lake is the source of the river Beas and is surrounded by a seemingly endless expanse of grasslands.
- Observe the pattern of the flow of water, as the various streams become one and join the big main river.
- After taking a rest here, we continue on our hike to Bakarthach, perched at a height of 3270 m. This leg of the trek is another 6 km long and will take 4-5 hours.
- The trek is a gradual incline that gets steeper in parts. On this leg of the trek, we will trek through rocks and boulders in the summers, and through the snow during the winters.
- Upon reaching, take in the splendid vista as we take a break here. After a while, we start the trek back to Dhundi, around 5 km away.
- Upon reaching the campsite, refresh yourself and grab a delicious dinner before heading to your tent!
Day 3: Trek from Dhundi to Solang Valley
- Start the day early to enjoy the beautiful sunrise. After a pleasant breakfast, we start the descent back to Solang Valley, located at a height of 2560 m.
- The descent will take up to 4 hours at a comfortable pace. After this, you have the option of exploring Solang Valley for a while.
- Go sightseeing, or indulge your senses with the various adventure activities that Solang Valley has to offer. You can go paragliding, skiing, and a lot more in Solang Valley!
- You also have the option of starting the bus journey to Manali right away, depending on your plans.
- Porter facility can be availed at an additional cost.
- All requisite licenses and permits.
- Trekking expertise and guidance.
- Relevant camping gear for stay.
- Meals for the relevant time period.
- Transport as per the variant chosen.
- Personal expenses.
- Any Airfare / Rail fare.
- Other meals not mentioned in package inclusions
- Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
- Additional accommodation.
- Extra luggage.
- Applicable GST
- Charges apply to all exclusive activities.
Things to carry :
- Medical Certificate
- Govt id card with name and address
- Self-declared form
- Backpack (40-60 liters)
- Trekking shoes: No sports shoes. The shoes need to have soles with good grip and ankle support.
- Socks (3 pairs): 2 pairs of cotton (for trekking) + 1 woolen pair (used only for sleeping)Sandals/Slippers for walking around
- Trek pants (2) including the one you are wearing.
- Collared t-shirts (3 including the one you are wearing)
- Preferably light, full sleeve t-shirts.
- Thick jacket: Carry 1 hollow full sleeve windproof jacket/down jacket.
- Thermal inners: 1 pair of lightweight, upper and lower (optional)
- Raincoat/poncho: (Mandatory as it can rain anytime in the mountains)
- Woolen cap/ Balaclava: (Must protect ears)
- Hand gloves: (Ensure that the gloves are warm and waterproof.)
- Sunglasses: Any dark color but blue. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness. Sunglasses are mandatory for this trek.
- (Sunscreen - SPF 40+, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm/chapstick, small soap, toilet paper, wet tissue)
- Headlamp/LED torch(Mandatory)
- Camera: Carry all accessories - spare batteries, charger, etc.
- Water bottles: 2 bottles, 1 Litre each.
- Trekking pole: Trekking pole is mandatory. You can also rent a wooden stick from Gaurikund.
- Plastic covers: While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry a few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
Personal Medical Kit
- Mandatory. All these things need to go into one backpack. So make sure they are all light and you carry as less as possible.
Health & Safety
- Before starting the trek, calculate your BMI (Ideal BMI should be between 18.5 and 24.9)
- Health and Safety checks mentioned below should be made before getting prepared for the trek
- A balanced mind and body is the first thing that should be given importance before taking off because this is what will bring out the best of you in every condition.
- Your body should be fit enough to cover the entire trek with the backpacks on your back along with your body weight. That is why proper stamina and strength are needed. Also because trekking is done in uneven multi terrains and not on smooth paths. So in order to gain leg strength, perform simple squats.
- Flexibility is very important when it comes to trekking. Good flexibility will be an advantage while walking on trails, climbing and river crossing, etc. Attain flexibility by simply stretching or doing yoga.
- As the Himalayan treks are basically ascending and descending the slopes, you will need a proper transmission of Oxygen from the lungs and heart to the body muscles. For this, trekkers should have good cardiovascular endurance that can be gained by doing cardio exercises like running, swimming, cycling, etc.
Payment Details :
UPI ID: 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp number 7387523876 for confirmation, we will then share a form for the final booking procedure.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-30 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, our service partner will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity.
- For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard-earned money.
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable on the same event.
- A complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule in case
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
Nitin: 7387523876 | Akshay: 7397823876 | Pravin: 7208620046