- Want to explore the secret serene place away from the mundane cacophony of the city? Let’s embark on one of the most beloved one-day treks in Maharashtra - The Devkund Waterfall trek. It is nature’s hidden gem, found in the middle of a dense forest, also named Devkund. It is located in Bhira village, near Kolad, in the Raigad district of Maharashtra. The waterfall lies on the Western ghats of Maharashtra It is close to Tamhini Ghat - a mountain passage in the crest of the Sahyadri ranges in Maharashtra. Tamhini Ghat is famous for its alluring landscape filled with sprawling valleys dense forests, and some of the prettiest waterfalls, riverbeds, and lakes.
- Devkund Waterfall Trek is about 170 km from Mumbai and 110 km from Pune. The journey to the base village is about 7 hours long from Mumbai and 5 hours long from Pune. It can be easily accessed through Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
- Devkund is a rare plunge waterfall in Maharashtra. It is a beautiful amalgamation of three waterfalls and is said to be the origin of the Kundalika River. The height of the Devkund Waterfall Trek is 2700 ft. approx. The waterfall tumbles down with a strong gush on the rocky surface right into a natural pool of turquoise waters. The fresh waterfall flows throughout the year, making it one of the few perennial waterfalls in Maharashtra.
- Devkund, also known as the “Bathing Pond of Gods”, this mystical fall also holds mythological significance and is considered sacred by locals. Some of the beautiful treks like Tamhini Ghats, Andharban, etc fall under this area.
- The Devkund Waterfall trek distance is about 5-6 Km on one side. It involves moderate trekking of 4 hours with an easy difficulty level. The trek route is plain in the majority of the portions, with some medium ascent of 300 ft at the end of the trail. The route to the secluded falls is an enchanting one as it meanders through lush jungles, gushing rivers, tiny hamlets, and mountain valleys. The terrain gets rocky and muddy in many places. It crosses 3-4 streams and vast open fields along the way. Along the path, there are cute little man-made wooden bridges to cross the waters. En route to Devkund, trekkers come across a hydroelectric power-generating dam called Mulshi Dam, Or Tata Power Dam, in the quaint village of Bhira. The hydroelectric plant of Bhira was the third plant installed by Tata Power Company Ltd in 1927. If you are lucky, you will catch a glimpse of picture-perfect sunrise against the backdrop of huge mountains, lush greenery, and glistening waters. The trek from Bhira to the waterfalls in Devkund will take around, 2 hours. When you finally arrive at the destination, you can witness the magic of white water cascading down from heights of 80 meters against a rocky surface creating a natural pool of approximately 30 diameters. The whole ambiance is so pure and pleasant.
- Dip your feet in cool waters and enjoy the natural therapy that will lift your spirits. As the sunbeams on the beautiful blue waters, you will know you have found your paradise. Be ready for some brilliant Insta-worthy snaps as the place looks so pristine, it's a scene straight from a fairy tale.
- Devkund Waterfall is an ideal getaway for anyone wanting an escape from the humdrum & hustle of chaotic city life.
- Base Village: Bhira
- Height: 2,700 ft
- Trek Route: Jungle trail with water streams
- Trek Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Trek Endurance: Medium
- Trek Length: 6-8 km Approx.
- Trek Location: Patnus, Mangaon, Raigad, Pune, Maharashtra 402308
- Trek Best Time: June to December
- Distance from Mumbai: 130 km
- Distance from Lonavala: 83 km
Why Trekhievers for Devkund Trek ?
- 10+ years of experience in organizing the Devkund Waterfall Trek with all safety protocols.
- Served over 1000+ customers at Devkund last year with amazing reviews.
- We are Maharashtra's most trusted trekking community.
- We are Registered with Maharashtra Adventure Council.
- We have 35+ Certified and Experienced Trek Leaders, i.e. experienced senior team members.
- 60% of our travelers are solo travelers, i.e. more fun and games.
- 65% of our travelers are females, i.e. safe for female travelers.
- Operates from Mumbai, Pune, and Nashik, i.e. diversified participants.
- August: 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26, 31
- September: 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30
- October: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28
- We insist you on taking Friday night departures to avoid the rush.
- We need a minimum of 10 people to operate Friday batches, if not then it will be shifted to the Saturday batch.
- Mumbai: 1399/-
- Base Village: 799/-
(Click here for Devkund Pune Trek details)
- 10:00 PM: Report to The Trekleaders at Borivali National Park (https://goo.gl/maps/qvxmxjK8Tmn5JgScA)
- 10:05 PM: Samta Nagar, Kandivali (https://goo.gl/maps/cSGKQWVSGDhS4qzP9)
- 10:15 PM: Sufi Irani Cafe, Goregaon (https://goo.gl/maps/4ZTNqab65pKPDoNC9)
- 10:30 PM: Hanuman Road Bus Stop Andheri (https://goo.gl/maps/SWKWuGMXSWgajCsSA)
- 10:45 PM: Kalanagar Bust Stop, Bandra (https://goo.gl/maps/jGkGpBZrRto5gRTJ9)
- 11:00 PM: Neeta Volvo, Sion (https://goo.gl/maps/iidWMx1DKGybV9jC9)
- 11:10 PM: Ghatkopar Mankhurd Link Road (https://goo.gl/maps/m6TtFVkCkHd6MdKr7)
- 11:30 PM: Vashi (under the bridge) (https://goo.gl/maps/3dpGHKPvf49FgJj6A)
- 11:45 PM: Nerul LP (https://goo.gl/maps/tpntbzeYVijHQieF7)
- 11:55 PM: Kharghar station (https://goo.gl/maps/y7hNW9wxMV7tByPr5)
- 12:15 AM: Kalamboli McD (https://goo.gl/maps/F4bqaobJhjcPQ8zK9)
- 04:00 AM: Reach Base Village (Patnus), Get freshened up and changed.
- 05:00 AM: Have Breakfast
- 06:00 AM: Drive to base Village (Bhira) - The start point of the Trek which is 10 mins journey from Patnus.
- 06:30 AM: Start the trek towards Devkund Waterfall through a jungle trail with water streams and crossings.
- 08:30 AM: Reach the waterfall, and capture the moment in your heart for a lifetime.
- 10:30 AM: Start the return trek toward the base village (Bhira).
- 01:00 PM: Reach the start point of the trek where our bus was parked.
- Get onto the bus and leave towards our property at the base village for Lunch. It is a 30 mins drive.
- 01:30 PM: Get changed and have delicious Lunch.
- 03:00 PM: Start return journey to Mumbai.
- 10:00 PM: Reach Mumbai. (Arrival Time is subjective to the Pace of the Group and Road Traffic conditions)
(Click here for Devkund Pune Trek details)
- Private Bus Transportation from Mumbai & Pune
- Breakfast & Tea
- Lunch ( Veg Thali )
- Trek Leader Charges.
- Trek Expertise Charges.
- Forest Entry Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Travel till pickup points
- 5% GST on Booking Tickets
- Any kind of personal expense like Mineral water/lime water/ Soft Drinks/ Extra snacks or meals that are not mentioned in the inclusions, purchased for personal consumption
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned and included in the inclusion of this package.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
How to book?
- Click on the "BOOK NOW" button.
- Select your departure date from the calendar and proceed.
- Select your ticket type and quantity. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill out our personal details and proceed.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive tickets via email.
- A WhatsApp group link will be sent to your WhatsApp number 10 hours prior to the departure.
- Trek Leaders / Volunteers details will be shared on that WhatsApp group.
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half a T-shirt with sleeves), a Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, hand napkin/Towel, Two pair of Socks, etc.
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pants, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
Things to do Devkund Waterfall Trek:
- For adrenaline junkies, a few kilometers from Devkund lies the Kundailaka River, famous for river rafting in Maharashtra.
- Not a fan of extreme adventures? No worries as you can indulge in kayaking on the calm waters of the river.
- The place near Bhira dam along the way is an ideal location to camp amidst the lap of nature.
- For exploring rural life, the tiny villages nearby are perfect to observe the lifestyle, culture, and traditions of Maharashtra.
- The whole trek gives ample opportunities to indulge in nature photography, vlogging, blogging, and simply connecting with nature.
- There are many other amazing trekking locations nearby like Andharban, Ghangad & Tamhini Ghats which can be explored on foot.
How to reach Devkund Waterfall:
It is a few hours' drive to reach the Devkund waterfall trek from Mumbai and Pune. There are many public and private transportation means that connect the town with the cities. You can either take a bus, or cab or drive to the Bhira village through Karjat-Pali- Bhira route. One can also opt to travel by local transport. In that case, board a CST local to Karjat. Take a bus from Karjat to Pali and another bus to Bhira. The place can be easily accessed through Mumbai Pune Expressway as well. The distance from Mumbai to Devkund Waterfall is about 170 km and 1the distance from Pune to Devkund Waterfall is 110 km. Trekkers from Mumbai and Pune are assigned various pickup points from where they will be transported in a private bus.
What is the difficulty level of the Devkund Waterfall Trek?
The Devkund Trek is one of the most charming one-day treks in Maharashtra. It roughly takes 3 hours to complete. Its difficulty level ranges from easy to medium and can be easily done by beginners as well. As professional trekkers.
What is the best time to go for Devkund Trek?
Devkund Trek is a year-round destination attracting an influx of tourists for being a perfect weekend getaway.
The best time to visit this place is during the monsoon when the whole place becomes beautiful, bountiful, and green. The weather is pleasant and the climate is perfect for a trek.
The rainfall is at its peak in July and August. The trek may get closed due to heavy rainfall during these months.
What is the batch size usually of Devkund Waterfall Trek?
Usually, the batch size of this trek is between 10-12 people. This comprises men, women, and children. We do not prefer to exceed this as it might cause chaos. We believe in giving attention to each of our travelers, so we stick to the number.
Are PickUp and Drop facilities available from Mumbai or Pune?
We have multiple pick-up points from Mumbai and Pune. Mumbai Pickup is available from Borivali, Malad, Goregaon, Andheri, Bandra, Sion, Chembur, Vashi, Nerul, Kharghar, Kalamboli McD.
Pune Pickup is available from Starbucks FC Road, Wakad bridge
Is Devkund Trek safe for Solo Travelers and Female Travelers?
Yes, the trek is completely safe for solo and female travelers. We usually have around 40% of solo or women travelers with us in each batch. We pay special attention to the safety of our guests. Separate accommodation is provided to men and women for their overall comfort
Are toilets available on Devkund Waterfall Trek Route?
Toilets are not available at the Trek route. You need to attend nature’s call in the open if it is urgent. Toilets are available in the base village where you can freshen up.
What is the condition of mobile connectivity at Devkund Trek?
The mobile connectivity during the trek is poor. You will hardly get the network to make or attend calls. The network vanishes within a minute. At some point, you might get a signal which is good enough to send messages or make calls if you are lucky enough.
Can we smoke or drink alcohol during Devkund Waterfall Fort Trek?
Drinking or smoking is prohibited during the trek. Anyone found doing so will be barred from joining us for the trekking expedition and will be asked to leave the site immediately. No refund is applicable during this condition.
What type of footwear should I carry for Devkund Waterfall Trek?
The trek involves a long walk, thus you should be wearing comfortable trekking shoes. Avoid wearing slippery sandals or shoes as it might lead to accidents. Wear walking shoes that are made with advanced technology and are recommended for the most comfortable trek. Also, wear trek-friendly clothes.
What is the inclusion in the Devkund Waterfall trekking package?
- Travel from Mumbai & Pune by Private bus as per govt COVID guidelines
- Breakfast & Tea
- Lunch ( Veg Thali )
- Guide Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges
Is Devkund Waterfall Trek safe?
Yes, it is completely safe for both men and women. Whether you are a group or a solo traveler, you will find this trekking experience very safe. You will be accompanied by professional trek leaders to guide you throughout the trek.
Also, you will be provided with all safety instructions before the trekking so that you feel safe. Moreover, to maintain further safety, you are requested to bring enough things with you that would keep you safe. For instance, a windcheater, personal medicines, insect repellent, and energy drinks can help you during the trek.
How long does it take to climb Devkund Waterfall?
The total Devkund trek duration is around 4 hours. The Devkund Waterfall trek distance that you will cover during this duration of the trek will be around 15 km. There might be a few ups and downs during the trek; however, you will not encounter much rocky terrain or steep climbs during this trek. During most of the trek, you will just have to walk.
What is the height of the Devkund Waterfall Trek?
The height of the Devkund Waterfall is around 2700 feet. The altitude is not so high and hence makes it easy for trekkers who are beginners. Moreover, as the trails of the trek are properly marked, one can easily do a trek even without a guide. Therefore, to comfortably complete the trek, make sure you wear comfortable clothes and good trekking or sports shoes.
What is the minimum age required for Devkund Waterfall Trek?
The minimum age limit for this trek is around 9 years. Any child below 9 years will not be eligible for the trek. Moreover, children between the ages of 9 -17 years should be accompanied by an adult to enjoy the experience. Therefore, to verify the age of your children, kindly carry valid ID proof with a proper date of birth mentioned on it
What should I carry for the Devkund trek?
- ID proof
- Proper face mask or shield
- Good grip shoes.
- Torch with extra batteries.
- Extra Pair of clothes.
- Water bottles 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bars, some snacks & biscuits, etc.
- Electoral or Glucon D powder.
- Personal First Aid and Personal Medicine
- Sun protection cap, goggles.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pants this will protect you from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles