- Hampi, a UNESCO World Heritage site nestled in the heart of Karnataka, India, transports visitors to a bygone era of rich history and architectural grandeur. With its magnificent ruins, awe-inspiring temples, and a captivating blend of cultural influences, Hampi offers a truly immersive experience for history enthusiasts, architecture aficionados, and curious travelers alike.
- The ancient city of Hampi was once the capital of the Vijayanagara Empire, one of the most powerful and prosperous kingdoms in South India. Today, the remnants of its glorious past stand as a testament to its former splendor. As you step into this archaeological wonderland, be prepared to embark on a journey through time.
- Start your exploration with a visit to the iconic Virupaksha Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. This architectural marvel, with its towering gopuram (gateway tower) and intricately carved pillars, is a living testament to the architectural brilliance of the Vijayanagara Empire. Witness the daily rituals and soak in the spiritual ambiance of this revered temple.
- Marvel at the monolithic stone chariot in the Vittala Temple complex, a remarkable example of Vijayanagara architecture. Admire the famous musical pillars that produce melodious sounds when tapped gently. Explore the Royal Enclosure, home to the majestic Queen's Bath, Lotus Mahal, and the intricately designed Hazara Rama Temple, which showcases exquisite bas-reliefs depicting scenes from the Ramayana.
- Climb Matanga Hill for a panoramic view of the sprawling ruins and the Tungabhadra River meandering through the landscape. As the sun sets, witness the surreal beauty of the illuminated monuments casting their mystical glow on the surroundings.
- Delve into the history of Hampi by visiting the Archaeological Museum, which houses a fascinating collection of artifacts and sculptures excavated from the site. Gain a deeper understanding of the region's rich cultural heritage and the architectural marvels that once graced this city.
- To truly absorb the essence of Hampi, take a leisurely stroll through the vibrant Hampi Bazaar, lined with shops offering traditional handicrafts, jewelry, and local delicacies. Engage with the friendly locals and savor the flavors of authentic South Indian cuisine at the local eateries.
- Beyond the historical treasures, Hampi is blessed with natural beauty. Explore the lush landscapes, banana plantations, and picturesque rice fields on a bicycle, or hire a coracle boat to cruise along the tranquil Tungabhadra River.
- Sanapur Lake, nestled amidst rocky hills, is a serene oasis that promises tranquility and natural beauty. Indulge in a boat ride on the calm waters, surrounded by picturesque landscapes. Let the peaceful ambiance wash over you as you admire the reflections of the surrounding boulders on the lake's surface. If you seek adventure, try your hand at cliff jumping, a thrilling activity that will get your adrenaline pumping. Sanapur Lake is a hidden gem where you can unwind and connect with nature.
- Anjanadri Hills, believed to be the birthplace of Lord Hanuman according to Hindu mythology, offers a mesmerizing blend of spirituality and breathtaking vistas. Embark on a trek to the hilltop, traversing through rocky terrains and verdant landscapes. As you ascend, be captivated by panoramic views of the Hampi region, with its ancient ruins, lush paddy fields, and the meandering Tungabhadra River. Reach the summit to visit the Anjaneya Temple, dedicated to Lord Hanuman, and seek blessings amidst the serene surroundings. Witness a glorious sunset from this vantage point, painting the sky in vibrant hues and casting a magical glow over the Hampi landscape.
- Chitnamani Temple, situated on the banks of the Tungabhadra River, is a hidden gem that offers a glimpse into the region's religious heritage. This lesser-known temple exudes a tranquil aura and boasts intricate architecture. Immerse yourself in the serene atmosphere as you explore the temple complex, adorned with ornate carvings and sculptures. The temple is dedicated to Chitragupta, the divine accountant believed to keep records of people's deeds. Pay your respects and soak in the spiritual vibes of this sacred place.
- Plan your visit to coincide with the Hampi Utsav, a vibrant festival that showcases the region's traditional music, dance, and cultural performances. Immerse yourself in the festivities, witnessing the age-old traditions come alive in a spectacle of colors and music.
- As you bid farewell to Hampi, carry with you the memories of its majestic architecture, the whispers of its glorious past, and the warmth of its welcoming inhabitants. Hampi, with its unparalleled historical significance and timeless charm, will forever hold a special place in your heart.
- Hampi: Hampi Bazaar, Virupaksha temple, Monolithic Nandi, Kings Balance, Stone Car, Vitthal Temple, Badavi lingam, Ugranarsimha, and Underground Temple, Pushkarni, Lotus Mahal, Elephant stables, Hajari Rama Temple, and Watch Tower.
- Anegundi: Ranganaatha Swami Caves, Chintamani, Durga temple, Sanapur lake, Anjanadri Hill.
- Activities: Cliff Jumping at Sanapur Lake, Coracle Ride at Tungabhadra River through the Mangroves Forest
- Sunset from Anjaneyadri Hill
- June 2023: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- July 2023: 21, 28
- August 2023: 4, 11, 12, 18, 25
- September 2023: 1, 8, 15, 22, 28, 29, 30
- October 2023: 6, 13, 20, 21, 22, 27
- November 2023: 3, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 24, 25
- December 2023: 1, 8, 15, 22, 23, 29, 30
- January 2024: 5, 12, 19, 26
- February 2024: 2, 9, 16, 23
- March 2024: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- April 2024: 5, 12, 19, 26
- May 2024: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Hospet to Hospet: 4,499 per person
- Pune: 6,999 per person (Via Tempo Traveller)
- Mumbai: 7,999 per person (Via Tempo Traveller)
- Mumbai / Pune / Bangalore: 7,499 per person (Non AC Sleeper Bus)
- Mumbai / Pune / Bangalore: 7,999 per person (AC Sleeper Bus)
- You can book your seat at just Rs. 4000/- and pay the rest 15 days before the event date.
- The Mumbai/Pune bus ticket fare is dynamic and will be higher if booked last moment, on long weekends, or on festival dates. Please book in advance to avoid paying extra.
- Day 01: Depart from Mumbai (4 PM), Pune (8 PM), Bangalore (9 PM) to Hosapete via AC Sleeper Bus/ Tempo Traveller.
- Day 02: Explore Secret Cave, Malyavanta Raghunatha Temple, Chintamani, Durga temple, Sanapur Lake Cliff Jump, Tungabadra River Coracle Ride, Anjanadri Hill Trek, and Sunset.
- Day 03: Explore Hampi Bazaar, Virupaksha temple, Monolithic Nandi, Kings Balance, Stone Car, Vitthal Temple, Badavi Lingam, Ugranarsimha, and Underground Temple, Pushkarni, Lotus Mahal, Elephant stables, Hajari Rama Temple, and Watch Tower. Depart for Mumbai/Pune/Bangalore (6 PM)
- Day 04: Arrive in Pune (5 AM), Mumbai (8 AM), and Bangalore (7 AM)
For customized dates & packages, 7387523876
What is included in the tour
- Transportation: Mumbai/Pune to Hampi via AC/ Non AC Sleeper Bus, Surface transfer via Private Auto.
- Accommodations: Hotel Accommodations for 1 night on a Triple/Quad sharing basis as per the Itinerary.
- Meal Plans: 3 meals (Day 2 Breakfast + Dinner, Day 3 Breakfast)
- Sightseeing as per Itinerary.
- Monument Entry Fee
- Activities: Cliff Jumping, Coracle Ride
- The Tour Leader will be present at all times during the tour.
- Toll taxes and parking charges.
- Driver Allowances.
- All necessary permits.
- First Aid Kits.
What is NOT included in the tour
- 5% GST
- Travel till Pick Up Points
- Any kind of meals, Drinks, Snacks other than those are mentioned in the inclusions
- Any Watersports activity other than those mentioned in inclusions
- Any type of Insurance
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, and bad weather.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- Mumbai pickups will be between 03:00 PM - 06:30 PM ( Mira Road - Borivali - Andheri - Sion - Chembur - Vashi.)
- Pune pickups will be between 07:30 PM - 9:00 PM ( Wakad, Chandani Chowk, Katraj )
- Bangalore pickup will be 09:20 PM ( Anand Rao Circle )
Tempo Traveller Bus:
- Mumbai pickups will be between 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM ( Dadar - Sion - Chembur - Vashi.)
- Pune pickups will be between 07:30 PM - 9:00 PM ( FC Road, Wakad, Chandani Chowk, Katraj )
- This entire night will be traveling to Hospet because it is a long route. So you can relax on the Bus because you are going to have a long trip!
- The adventure begins here. We will reach Hampi in the morning, and then you can freshen up and have breakfast.
- After that, the actual trip begins. Starting from Anegundi village, we will explore a lot of places like Malyavanta Raghunatha Temple, Chintamani, Durga Mata temple, and the Sanapur Lake, where you can experience cliff jumping and also relax near the scenic beauty. We will also experience the thrilling Coracle ride.
- Then, we will enjoy a beautiful sunset from Anjaneya Hill.
- Lastly, we will go back to the campsite to enjoy the surrounding scenic view and the calm weather. After having Dinner Indulge yourself in stargazing and enjoy the bonfire amidst the beautiful nature, and fall in love with this place.
- Day 3 will start early in the morning because we have to cover a lot today. We will start the day with mesmerizing Sunrise (optional). This journey will take you to the unconditionally beautiful heritage of Hampi.
- Post breakfast we will explore- Virupaksha temple, Vitthal Temple, Mahanavmi Dibba, Queen's bath palace, Hampi Bazaar, Hemakuta Hills, Monolithic Nandi, Kings Balance, Badavi Lingam, Ugranarsimha, and Underground Temple, Pushkarni, Lotus Mahal, Elephant stables, Hajari Rama Temple, and Watch Tower.
- Today we enjoy our Lunch at the Cafe.
- After exploring all the amazing places, we will Depart for Mumbai by 6 PM.
- 07:00 AM: Reach Bangalore
- 06:00 AM: Reach Pune
- 11:00 AM: Reach Mumbai
Hampi is for all those travelers who still believe in and love the historical beauty of India. It will for sure give you ample scenic views but what it is known for are its architectural beauty and historical nature. The best part of being in Hampi is its pleasant weather during the winter and rich cultural vibes all around the place.
Things To Carry:
- A rucksack bag and a day pack
- 3-liter water bladder or water bottle
- One cotton long sleeve and 2 short sleeve T-shirts
- 1 pair of gloves
- At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favorable)
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 2 pairs of socks
- A small towel
- A rain jacket or a poncho
- Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
- Flip flops/sandals
- Glucose powder
- Medicines for headaches, diarrhea, motion sickness
- Toothpaste, toothbrush
- Paper soap, or sanitizer
- Sunscreen minimum of spf40, lip balm, cold creams
- Body spray
- LED torch light
1. Where is Hampi located?
- Hampi is in the Karnataka state of India
2. Can we visit Hampi in a day?
- Usually, at least a 2-day trip is required to visit all the beautiful heritage sites of Hampi.
3. What is Hampi known for?
- Hampi is known for its architectural beauty and vibrant culture
4. What is the distance from Mumbai to Hampi?
- The distance from Mumbai to Hampi is approximately 740 km
5. Is traveling solo a feasible plan?
- Solo trips are quite enjoyable. We are sure you will find your very own traveling family here.
6. If I’m the only Female on the Hampi trip, is it safe for me to travel?
- We generally have many females joining us on our trips so there are high chances that you are not the only female on the Hampi trip. We have well-trained staff ( Both local support and team joining from respective city) & girls safety is of prime importance to us. We assure you that you will be with safe and reliable people throughout the trip. In case you face any issues regarding female safety, get in touch with safety cell - 8669021690
7. What is the group size for this trip?
- We prefer to have a group of 5-15 people on our Trip as we intend to have more fun and give personal care.
8. Who will accompany us on the Trip?
- All events are led by professional and trained team captains, who assure that your trip runs smoothly as per mentioned plan or are in charge of any change of plan in case of any natural calamity or things/events not in human control.
9. What type of accommodation is provided on the Hampi Trip?
- We provide accommodation on a dual/triple sharing basis at our Hotel in Hampi. All rooms are well equipped with basic facilities like clean mattresses, cushions, blankets, and clean and sanitized washrooms. The property is selected to give you the raw experience of Hampi with a tint of luxury
10. How many trippers will be in a room on the Hampi Trip?
- Usual sharing would be dual occupancy with the same gender. We might have triple occupancy in case of an odd male-female ratio. We also have a "Couple Room Option" available with us, which you can select will booking.
11. Will we be provided Jain food on the Hampi Trip?
- Yes, for the breakfast included in our package we will provide Jain food. For other meals which are not included, we will make sure that we visit the cafes that provide Jain food. Please inform us of your food preferences in the notes section while making the bookings.
12. Can we drink alcohol or smoke during the Hampi Trip?
- Yes, you can drink alcohol only on the day of your stay in Hampi (only at night). Smokers can smoke but you have to make sure that you don’t make others uncomfortable.