- Maharashtra is blessed with beautiful forts and an ample number of trekking opportunities. Today, we have the best thrilling experience for you, the Harihar fort trek!
- The Harihar fort, also known as Harshagad, is located in the Nashik district of Maharashtra. It is located 40 km away from Nashik city and around 48 km from Igatpuri. This historic Harihar fort is at an elevation of 3676 ft from sea level.
- Let us know something interesting about this place. From the base village, the Harihar fort looks like it is located on a rectangular-shaped hill but actually, it is built on a triangular prism of rock.
- The Harihar trek is a 2 hours long trek with medium-level difficulty. The difficulty increases in the monsoons. We know that you have been on a lot of trips and treks, but this is different. The major attraction of this place is the iconic steps to the fort. Yes, you read it right. The architecture of the steps is so beautiful that this part of the Harihar trek becomes an unforgettable experience. The steps are vertically inclined at an angle of 80 degrees.
- Climbing these stairs is the most thrilling part of the Harihar trek. While climbing, you can witness mesmerizing scenic views. The last 200 steps are the most difficult but exciting ones. If you are scared of heights, then you would probably not want to look behind while climbing. But if you do so, you can see the most magnificent beauty.
- When you reach the top of Harihar Gad, you will be astonished to see the scenic views surrounding the fort. Witness the 360 degrees panoramic view of the Sahyadri mountains. Best scenic views of different forts and hills like Bhaskargad, Anjaneri fort, and Utwad fort. A beautiful view of lush green landscapes and an aerial view of Igatpuri village. Admire the idols of Lord Hanuman, Shiva, and Nandi at the top of the hill.
- The calm weather and lush green surroundings make this place perfect for all nature lovers. If this place is not on your bucket list, then add it now because this experience is something that you can't miss.
- Harihar Trek difficulty level: Medium to Difficult
- Base village for Harihar peak: Nirgud Pada
- Total time required for climbing Harihar peak: 3.5Hrs (One way)
- Duration: 1 night and 1 day
- Harihar Peak Height: 5400 feet approx
- Distance From Mumbai: 190 Km
- Distance From Pune: 247Km
- October:,27, 28
- November: 3, 4, 10 ,11, 17, 18, 24, 25
- December: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- January: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
- February: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24
- March: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- Mumbai (Kasara):1099/-
- Base Village: 699/-
MUMBAI- (From Kasara)
- 08:44 PM: CSMT
- 08:58 PM: Dadar
- 09:11 PM: Ghatkopar
- 09:26 PM: Thane
- 09:52 PM: Kalyan
- 11:04 PM: Kasara
- 11:15 PM: Report at Kasara Station ( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 11:45 PM: Report at Kasara Ghat ( https://goo.gl/maps/mVPDgmvuRiC5rCqQ8 )
- Take a dinner break at Baba da Dhaba and head towards Base Village.
- 02:30 AM: Reach Base Village and have rest for sometime
- 04:00 AM: Get freshen up and Have Breakfast
- 04:30 AM: Start trek to Harihar Fort Post Briefing and Instructions by trek leaders
- 06:00 AM: Reach the plateau. Start trek to the summit via 80-degree steps
- 06:30 AM: Reach the top and Enjoy the Sunrise and Click Photos
- 08:00 AM: Start descending via the same route
- 12:00 PM: Reach Base Village and Have Lunch
- 01:30 PM: Start Return Journey for Kasara
- 04:30 PM: Reach Kasara Station (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- Take CSMT Fast Local and Reach Mumbai
- Travel from Kasara to Kasara by Private Jeeps
- Breakfast & Tea
- Lunch ( Veg Thali )
- Trek Guide Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- Trek Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Travel till pickup points
- 5% Gst
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)