- Maharashtra is blessed with beautiful forts and an ample number of trekking opportunities. Today, we have the best thrilling experience for you, the Harihar fort trek!
- The Harihar fort, also known as Harshagad, is located in the Nashik district of Maharashtra. It is located 40 km away from Nashik city and around 48 km from Igatpuri. This historic Harihar fort is at an elevation of 3676 ft from sea level.
- Let us know something interesting about this place. From the base village, the Harihar fort looks like it is located on a rectangular-shaped hill but actually, it is built on a triangular prism of rock.
- The Harihar trek is a 2 hours long trek with medium-level difficulty. The difficulty increases in the monsoons. We know that you have been on a lot of trips and treks, but this is different. The major attraction of this place is the iconic steps to the fort. Yes, you read it right. The architecture of the steps is so beautiful that this part of the Harihar trek becomes an unforgettable experience. The steps are vertically inclined at an angle of 80 degrees.
- Climbing these stairs is the most thrilling part of the Harihar trek. While climbing, you can witness mesmerizing scenic views. The last 200 steps are the most difficult but exciting ones. If you are scared of heights, then you would probably not want to look behind while climbing. But if you do so, you can see the most magnificent beauty.
- When you reach the top of Harihar Gad, you will be astonished to see the scenic views surrounding the fort. Witness the 360 degrees panoramic view of the Sahyadri mountains. Best scenic views of different forts and hills like Bhaskargad, Anjaneri fort, and Utwad fort. A beautiful view of lush green landscapes and an aerial view of Igatpuri village. Admire the idols of Lord Hanuman, Shiva, and Nandi at the top of the hill.
- The calm weather and lush green surroundings make this place perfect for all nature lovers. If this place is not on your bucket list, then add it now because this experience is something that you can't miss.
- Harihar Trek difficulty level: Medium to Difficult
- Base village for Harihar peak: Nirgud Pada
- Total time required for climbing Harihar peak: 3.5Hrs (One way)
- Duration: 1 night and 1 day
- Harihar Peak Height: 5400 feet approx
- Distance From Mumbai: 190 Km
- Distance From Pune: 247Km
- October: 8th,15th,22nd,29th
- November: 5th, 12th,19th, 26th
- December: 3th, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st
- January: 7th, 14th,21th,28th
- February: 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
- Mumbai: 1099/-
- Pune: 1499/-
- Base Village: 699/-
MUMBAI- (From Kasara)
- Take 10:50 PM Kasara Fast Local
- 08:44 PM: CSMT
- 08:58 PM: Dadar
- 09:11 PM: Ghatkopar
- 09:26 PM: Thane
- 09:52 PM: Kalyan
- 11:04 PM: Kasara
- 11:15 PM: Report at Kasara Station ( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 11:45 PM: Report at Kasara Ghat ( https://goo.gl/maps/mVPDgmvuRiC5rCqQ8 )
- Take a dinner break at Baba da Dhaba
- 03:30 AM: Reach base village and rest
- 04:00 AM: Start trek to Harihar Fort
- 06:00 AM: Reach the plateau and have breakfast
- 06:30 AM: Start trek to the summit via 80-degree steps
- 08:30 AM: Reach the top and Relax, Explore
- 09:30 AM: Start descending via the same route
- 02:30 PM: Reach Base Village and Have Lunch
- 03:30 PM: Depart for Kasara
- 06:00 PM: Reach Kasara Station (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- 06:18 PM: Take CSMT Fast Local
- 09:00 PM: Report at FC road ( https://goo.gl/maps/53XNsyDPwcSVReZW9 )
- 09:30 PM: Pickups from Kasarwadi ( https://goo.gl/maps/fpMtVDhNwiFyVdBm6 )
- 04:30 AM: Reach base village and rest for an hour
- 05:30 AM: Get freshen up and have breakfast Start trek to Harihar Fort
- 06:00 AM: Start trek to Harihar Fort
- 09:30 AM: Reach at the peak, explore
- 10:30 AM: Start descending
- 01:30 AM: Reach Base Village and Have Lunch, Relax
- 04:00 AM: Start Return Journey to Pune
- 10:00 PM: Reach Pune
- 04:00 PM: Depart for Pune
- 11:00 PM: Reach Pune (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- Travel from Mumbai & Pune by Private bus as per govt COVID guidelines
- Breakfast & Tea
- Lunch ( Veg Thali )
- Guide Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Travel till pickup points
- 5% Gst
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Things to do near Harihar fort
Trimbakeshwar Shiva JyotirlingaTemple is an ancient temple in the Trimbakeshwar tehsil near the Harihar fort. It is the temple of Lord Shiva. Tourists love to visit this place because of its beautiful architecture. And also to get the blessing of Lord Shiva. If you are going to the Harihar fort, then you should surely visit this place.
A gorgeous waterfall in the Nashik district of Maharashtra is a must-visit place for you. The mesmerizing falls attract a huge number of tourists. There is surrounding beauty everywhere and a perfect place for nature lovers.
River Vaitarna falls
Amidst the beautiful nature lies this mesmerizing waterfall. One could not resist themselves to visit this beautiful place as it has the calmest nature. The cool breeze and quiet surroundings in this place make visitors admire this place.
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
How to book?
- Scroll down to the "BOOK NOW" button and click it.
- Select your departure date from the calendar and proceed.
- Select your ticket type and quantity. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill out our personal details and proceed.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive tickets along with the WhatsApp group link via email. Click on the link to join the WhatsApp group.
- Further details about the trip will be shared on that WhatsApp group 1-2 days prior to the trip.
COVID Guidelines :
- Mask and maintaining social distance with others are mandatory throughout the trip.
- Buses will be fully sanitized before use.
- Carrying your own sanitizers, gloves, face shield and mask is compulsory.
- Food will be freshly cooked and packed as per WHO guidelines.
- Seats will be reserved only after Online booking with full payment.
- Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable to another person for the same event.
- The complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule of the event in case it is required due to and according to any technical, environmental circumstances like govt. rules and regulations, weather, etc
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice to the participants
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Vrutti - 7304236273 |Mukesh -7387642734 | Pravin - 7208620046 | Akshay - 7397823876
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/trekhieversofficial/
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/trekhievers/
- The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.