- Andharban, as the name suggests simply means a ‘Dark Dense Forest’. During monsoons, this trek is one of the most refreshing treks of the Sahyadri. It is the most beautiful attraction of the Sahyadri range which connects the Tamhini Ghat to the famous Konkan region.
- Located in the Pimpri region of Maharashtra, approximately 16 km from the well-known city of Pune, Andharban trek is the perfect place for every trekker who wishes to experience the pleasure of wandering deep jungles with enthralling views. Imagine walking through the nature trails deep into the jungle surrounded by sounds of the rustling of leaves, chirping of birds, buzzing of insects, and gushing waterfalls bubbling over the rocks. Blissful, isn’t it? Andharban – The Dark Forest Trek offers this all!
- Since the Andharban trek is ideally taken during the monsoon season, you will be walking through the lush green grass and densely shaded cover of the forest. While walking through this jungle-covered in fog, you will witness amazing views of the Kundalika Valley, hear mesmerizing small and big streams of water and gushing waterfalls, cross these big water streams with the valley on one side, and view the waterfall on the other with this mysterious forest waiting to amaze you with surprises at every turn! Known as a backpacker’s paradise, you will find yourself walking on a ridge with an awesome view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam, and the various mountain ranges of Tamhini Ghat. Apart from stunning views of the valley, you will also encounter several unique flora and fauna, several species of birds such as the Jacobin cuckoo, the Malabar whistling thrush, dwarf kingfishers, and minivets indigenous to this place.
- One can truly call it the heaven of the Sahyadri. It is a beautiful experience to embark upon an exhilarating Monsoon Trek to the Andharban forest and is a must-visit destination for all nature lovers. Trekking here during monsoons is all about hiking across delightful green hills, soaking in gorgeous waterfalls, and witnessing the massive fur of clouds right beside you!
- The most interesting thing about the Andharban trek is that unlike most other treks in Sahyadris with painful ascents till your breath gives up, it is a gradual descend trek. The trek begins at an elevation of about 2100 feet and you will be descending the valley to reach Bhira dam with no difficult rocky patches coming your way.
- It is quite bright when you start trekking. But as you descend further, soon you will find yourself walking in the shade of evergreen trees covering the trails and it starts getting dimmer. You will be walking in this dense dark forest for the first 6-7 km. This trail continues straight where you will be walking on the edges just beside Kundalika valley and with the mountain ranges to your right. There are 3 major river streams that you will encounter through your entire course of the trek, some of which might require a rope or human chain if the flow is heavy due to rains.
- You will then reach a remote yet beautiful village named ‘Hirdi’. It is the only village that you will come across throughout your Andharban trek and you can arrange for food from locals here. You can stop for a refreshment break/lunch here before starting to descend towards the Konkan route to reach Bhira. This is the valley that is the origin of the Kundalika river, famous for its white-water river rafting and other adventure activities. The second half of the trek is roughly 4-5 km and you will reach the base village in no time while trekking on a flatter surface and enjoying scenic views of the backwaters of Bhira dam.
- This trek is truly an experience of a lifetime!
Best time to visit Andharban:
- Andharban trek is open all year round. However, monsoons are the best time to trek in these beautiful western Ghats when completely barren mountains turn into lush green lands. Consider planning this trek in the months of June-September when everything is so vibrant, fresh, and green. Trekking during post-monsoons is also a great idea as Andharban forest remains dense, with added winter chills and mystical air.
- Trek Location: Pimpri, Tamhini Ghat, Maharashtra
- Trek Difficulty Level: It is a moderate-level trek and requires good endurance. Having a prior trekking experience makes it easier. The only risky part of this trek is crossing water streams during monsoons as the river becomes turbulent.
- Trek Distance: 13 km trail
- Trek Altitude: 2160 feet
- Trek Type: Jungle / Valley Descend Trek
- Trek Duration: It roughly takes 6-7 hours to complete this trek, which includes a lunch break at Hirdi village.
- Andharban Distance from Mumbai: 133 km
- Andharban Distance from Pune: 67 km
- Andharban Distance from Lonavala: 48 km
Why Trekhievers for Andharban Jungle Trek ?
- 10+ years experience in organizing Andharban Jungle Trek with all safety protocols.
- Served over 1000+ customers last year with amazing reviews.
- We provide delicious breakfast and lunch meals at a resort property.
- We provide one trek leader for every group of 10 people
- We will donate a partial amount of your fee to the forest department.
- July: 22nd, 23rd, 29th, 30th
- August: 5th, 6th, 12th, 13th,19th, 20th, 26th, 27th
- September: 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd 24th, 30th
- October: 01, 07th, 08th, 14th, 15th, 21nd, 22rd, 28th, 29th
Note: We need a minimum of 10 people to operate Friday batches, if not then it will be shifted to the Saturday batch.
- July: 23rd, 24th, 30th, 31st
- August: 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th
- September: 3rd, 4th,10th, 11th,17th, 18th, 24th, 25th
- October: 01,02nd, 08th, 09th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th, 30th
Note: We need a minimum of 10 people to operate Saturday batches, if not then it will be shifted to the Sunday batch.
- Mumbai: 1600/-
- Pune: 1400/-
- Base: 999/-
( Mumbai Pickup: Borivali, Malad, Goregaon, Andheri, Bandra, Sion, Chembur, Vashi, Nerul, Kharghar, Kalamboli McD )
( Pune Pickup: Starbucks FC Road, Wakad bridge )
- Batch 1- Friday 10:00 PM to Saturday 10:00 PM
- Batch 2- Saturday 10:00 PM to Sunday 10:00 PM
- 10:00 PM: Borivali National park
- 10:05 PM: Samta nagar police station, Kandivali
- 10:15 PM: Sufi Irani Cafe, Goregaon
- 10:30 PM: Hanuman Road Bus Stop Andheri
- 10:45 PM: Kalanagar Bust Stop, Bandra
- 11:00 PM: Neeta Volvo, Sion
- 11:10 PM: Mankhurd Vashi Link Road
- 11:30 PM: Vashi (under the bridge)
- 11:45 PM: Nerul LP
- 11:55 PM: Kharghar station
- 00:15 AM: Kalamboli McD
- 03:00 AM: Reach Base village and Have Complete rest on the bus
- 05:30 AM: Wake up call, get freshen up
- 06:00 AM: Have Breakfast
- 07:00 AM: Start Trek through Andharban Forest Post Briefing and Instructions by trek leaders
- 10:00 AM: Reach Hirdi & Ghutke Junction and take a break
- 10:30 AM: Continue our trek towards Ghutke Village.
- 01:00 PM: Reach Ghutke village, board the bus to the base village
- 02:00 PM: Reach the base village (Start point of the trek) and Have Lunch (Veg Thali)
- 04:00 PM: Start return journey to Mumbai.
- 10:00 PM: Reach Mumbai. (Arrival time is subjective to traffic and weather conditions)
- Batch 1- Saturday 05:00 AM to Saturday 10:30 PM
- Batch 2- Sunday 05:00 AM to Sunday 10:30 PM
- 05:00 AM: Report at Fergusson College Main Gate
- 05:30 AM: Pickups from Wakad Bridge
- 08:00 AM: Reach Base village and Have Breakfast
- 09:00 AM: Start Trek through Andharban Forest Post Briefing and Instructions by trek leaders
- 12:00 PM: Reach Hirdi & Ghutke Junction and take a break
- 12:30 PM: Continue our trek towards Ghutke Village.
- 03:00 PM: Reach Ghutke village, board the bus to the base village
- 04:00 PM: Reach the base village (Start point of the trek) and Have Lunch (Veg Thali)
- 06:00 PM: Start return journey to Pune.
- 10:00 PM: Reach Pune. (Arrival time is subjective to traffic and weather conditions)
- Travel from Mumbai & Pune by Private bus as per govt COVID guidelines
- Breakfast & Tea
- Lunch ( Veg Thali )
- Guide Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Travel till pickup points
- 5% GST on booking tickets
- Any kind of personal expense like Mineral water/lime water/ Soft Drinks/ Extra snacks or meals that are not included in the inclusions, purchased for personal consumption
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned and included in the inclusion of this package.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of Insurance
Reporting Point :
- 10:00 PM: Borivali National park (https://goo.gl/maps/qvxmxjK8Tmn5JgScA)
- 10:05 PM: Samta nagar police station, Kandivali (https://goo.gl/maps/kRgGJ9XvYK3d8FWAA)
- 10:15 PM: Sufi Irani Cafe, Goregaon (https://goo.gl/maps/4ZTNqab65pKPDoNC9)
- 10:30 PM: Hanuman Road Bus Stop Andheri (https://goo.gl/maps/SWKWuGMXSWgajCsSA)
- 10:45 PM: Kalanagar Bust Stop, Bandra (https://goo.gl/maps/jGkGpBZrRto5gRTJ9)
- 11:00 PM: Neeta Volvo, Sion (https://goo.gl/maps/iidWMx1DKGybV9jC9)
- 11:10 PM: Mankhurd Vashi Link Road (https://goo.gl/maps/m6TtFVkCkHd6MdKr7)
- 11:30 PM: Vashi (under the bridge) (https://goo.gl/maps/3dpGHKPvf49FgJj6A)
- 11:45 PM: Nerul LP (https://goo.gl/maps/tpntbzeYVijHQieF7)
- 11:55 PM: Kharghar station (https://goo.gl/maps/y7hNW9wxMV7tByPr5)
- 12:15 AM: Kalamboli McD (https://goo.gl/maps/F4bqaobJhjcPQ8zK9)
- 05:00 AM: Furgussion College (https://goo.gl/maps/53XNsyDPwcSVReZW9)
- 05:30 AM: Wakad bridge (https://goo.gl/maps/bwg9SECAAx7JRXPG9)
- 10:00 PM at Borivali on Sunday.
- 10:00 PM at Furgussion College on Sunday.
Return time is subjective to the speed of the group, traffic in return, or any unwanted situation beyond our control and can be delayed. Please inform your family members accordingly.
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
How to book?
- Scroll down to the "BOOK NOW" button and click it.
- Select your departure date from the calendar and proceed.
- Select your ticket type and quantity. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill out our personal details and proceed.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive tickets along with the WhatsApp group link via email. Click on the link to join the WhatsApp group.
- Further details about the trip will be shared on that WhatsApp group 1-2 days prior to the trip.
Things to do at Andharban Trek:
Being one of the most stunning treks, there is a lot to do and experience on this trek.
- There are beautiful waterfalls and streams which make for a great backdrop for photography
- Enjoy the monsoons rains and witness the dense jungle turn into a magical wonderland
- Jump into small water streams and swim in these natural swimming pools
- Explore unique flora and fauna and look for several species of birds such as the Jacobin cuckoo, the Malabar whistling thrush, dwarf kingfishers, and minivets native to this place
- Stay amidst nature and experience mental peace and bliss
- Instagram lover? Love blogging? Captures photos and videos to show off to your friends and family!
Places to visit near Andharban:
- Tamhini attractions: You can explore the Tamhini waterfalls, Devkund waterfalls, Tamhini Ghat viewpoint, and Plus Valley trek just a few kilometers from Pimpri village.
- River Rafting in Kundalika: 10-15 kilometers from Tamhini Ghat, you can enjoy the thrill of white water rafting in the Kundalika river. There are other adventure activities too in which you can keep yourself indulged.
- Explore Lonavala: Between Lonavala and Pimpri, there are amazing places to explore like the Sudhagad lake, Bhushi dam, Takmak point, Shivling point, Ekole valley, Morgiri fort, Korigad fort, Anghai fort, Tung fort, Lohagad fort, Thanale caves, and much more! You can stay back for 2 days after your trek to get lost in the laps of nature, away from the city crowd.
- Visit Lavasa: This planned city is about 2 hours from Pimpri where you can book your stay at high-end resorts. There are also activities like zip-lining, lakeshore kayaking, and jet skiing which you can try here. The Temghar dam is also a famous spot to visit.
How to Reach Andharban?
- By Road: The starting point of this trek is Pimpri village. It is around 140 km from Mumbai, 50 km from Lonavala, and from Pune to Andharban trek distance is 16 km. From any of these locations, one can either take a cab or board a bus to Pimpri village. Another option is to travel by your private vehicle, however, park at the base village at your own risk.
- By Rail: There are many train options to reach Pune. If you are traveling from Mumbai then Deccan Express, Intercity, Indrayani, or Udyan Express are the best options. While coming from the South, board any train to Mumbai and get down at Pune.
- By Flight: Book a flight to Pune or Mumbai if you are coming from any part of India and then take a cab to reach Pimpri
COVID Guidelines :
- Mask and maintaining social distance with others are mandatory throughout the trip.
- Buses will be fully sanitized before use.
- Carrying your own sanitizers, gloves, face shield and mask is compulsory.
- Food will be freshly cooked and packed as per WHO guidelines.
- Seats will be reserved only after Online booking with full payment.
- Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable to another person for the same event.
- The complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule of the event in case it is required due to and according to any technical, environmental circumstances like govt. rules and regulations, weather, etc
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice to the participants
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Vrutti - 7304236273 |Mukesh -7387642734 | Pravin - 7208620046 | Akshay - 7397823876
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/trekhieversofficial/
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/trekhievers/
- The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
1. Can I do the Andharban trek if I have never been on a trek before?
Yes, it is an easy to moderate level trek. Any person who is physically fit can do this trek with ease.
2. How to reach the Base village from Mumbai?
Please refer to our section on ‘How to Reach?’ to get complete details on travel.
3. Can we drive a car to Andharban?
Yes, you can search for Andharban Trail Start Point on google maps and navigate to it. However, we are not responsible in case of any loss/damage. Please park your car at the base village at your own risk.
4. Are there toilet facilities available on the Andharban trek route?
Toilets are not available during the trek. You can utilize the washroom facilities once you reach the base village.
5. The ideal number of days required for this trek?
One day is sufficient for the Andharban trek. You can keep 2 extra days to explore places around Lonavala and Pune.
6. How much time is required to complete this trek?
You can complete the entire trek in 6-8 hours, subject to change as per the weather condition.
7. What is the total trek distance of the Andharban trek?
The total trek distance is 13 km. Although this trek does not include any climbs or rocky terrain, you will have to walk a long distance at a stretch.
8. Best time to do this trek?
Monsoons and post-monsoons (June to October) are generally the best time to enjoy this trek since there is plenty of greenery and misty winds that will give you the chills.
9. What type of footwear should I wear for the trek?
Andharban trek involves long walks so you should be wearing comfortable trekking shoes. Try to avoid slippery sandals as you might lose grip and tend to fall. Carrying an extra pair of socks is recommended.
10. Is the event safe for solo female travelers?
There are many solo travelers that join us for the event, most of them being females. We pay special attention to the safety of our guests and separate accommodation is provided to men and women.
11. Do you allow kids on this trek?
Kids below 16 are allowed only if accompanied by an adult.
12. Is smoking and consuming alcohol allowed?
No. We follow a strict ‘No liquor policy’ and anyone caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to leave the trek immediately.
13. What is the condition of network connectivity at Andharban?
There is no network throughout the trek, with very limited phone connectivity available at some spots.
14. Can I charge my phone during the trek?
There is no electricity supply available during the trek. One should carry a power bank if required.
15. Places to see near Pimpri village?
You can explore the Tamhini waterfalls, Devkund waterfalls, Tamhini Ghat viewpoint, Plus Valley trek which are just a few kilometers from Pimpri village.