- The most unique place to visit in Maharashtra and a must-visit place for all trek lovers is Sandhan valley. It is located in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra at an elevation of 4100 ft. It is a beautiful place to visit for an amazing getaway from busy lives.
- Sandhan valley is a dark and narrow carved valley. It is known as the shadow valley because there is no place for sunlight to enter, but it still looks marvelous.
- To reach the Sandhan valley, you need to trek, and it is not an easy level trek. So all the adventure lovers and trek lovers out there, this will be an exciting experience for you. Sandhan valley trek is said to be one of the most challenging treks in Maharashtra.
- This trip will have all the best experiences you can have. There are around 100 ft of rocky patches where you have to do Sandhan valley rappelling with a complete guide and equipment. You can rappel at multiple points, which will be a worth it experience for you. Along with trekking in beautiful nature, you can also experience rock climbing, camping, water crossing in cold water, and a lot more.
- This is not it, Sandhan Valley has immense scenic beauty. As you trek and move ahead, you will see the more astonishing surrounding beauty. The trek passes through some breathtaking views. Passing through chilling water, marvelous forest views, natural richness, and a lot more.
- This place is surrounded by mountains, and you can have a beautiful view of many famous peaks and mountains from the summit. This is a phenomenal place with some magnificent views. You can experience camping, at night which will be a blissful experience for you.
- The trek, the view, and the adventure will be a totally different and enthralling experience for you. So many experiences in a single trip are something you cannot miss.
- Fort Elevation: Fort trail
- Difficulty: Easy-Moderate
- Endurance: Easy-Moderate
- Length: Approx. 2-3 km
- October:,27, 28
- November: 3, 4, 10 ,11, 17, 18, 24, 25
- December: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- January: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
- February: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24
- March: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- Mumbai (Kasara): 1799/- (With Camping)
- Base Village: 1199/-
Couple Tent: 150/- per person
- Ziplining: 200/-
- 02:17 PM: CSMT
- 02:32 PM: Dadar
- 02:40 PM: Kurla
- 02:44 PM: Ghatkopar
- 03:00 PM: Thane
- 03:26 PM: Kalyan
- 04:41 PM: Report to the Trekleaders at Kasara Railway Station ( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 05:00 PM: Departure to the Base Village
- 07:30 PM: Reach Base Village.Tent pitching activity for overnight camping.
- 09:00 PM: Have Dinner, Play group games, enjoy the camping stay amidst nature, surrounded by mountains. Have rest.
- 05:30 AM: Wake up call, get freshen up.
- 06:30 AM: Have breakfast
- 07:30 AM: Start our trek to the Sandhan Valley
- 08:00 AM: Reach At Rapelling Spot
- 08:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Do Rappeling Activity, Explore the valley, Relax
- 11:00 AM: Start walking back to the base village via the same route
- 12:30 PM: Reach Base Village, get freshen up and have lunch
- 02:00 PM: Depart for Kasara
- 05:30 PM: Reach Kasara (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- Take the next available Local Train to Mumbai
- Travel from Kasara Station by Private cab as per govt COVID guidelines
- Tent Stay (Triple sharing)
- Lunch (Veg Thali)
- Rapelling Charges
- Trek Guide Charges.
- Forest Entry Charges.
- Trek Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Travel till pickup points
- GST (5%)
- Zipline (200 Rs Extra)
- Extra Meals / Mineral water / lime water/ soft drinks purchased for personal consumption
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of Insurance
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
1) What is the difficulty level of the trek?
It is an easy to moderate level trek.
2) Where is Sandhan valley located?
Sandhan valley is located in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
3) What is the Sandhan valley trek distance?
It is approximately 2-3 km.
4) What is the best time to visit Sandhan valley?
The best time to visit Sandhan Valley is from June to February.
5) What is the Sandhan valley distance?
It is approximately 185 km from Mumbai.
6) What is Sandhan valley rappelling height?
The height is approximately 120 ft.