The Borgiri to Bhimashankar trek is a captivating and invigorating adventure that takes trekkers through the breathtaking landscapes of the Sahyadri mountain range in Maharashtra, India. This trek offers a unique blend of natural beauty, religious significance, and an exhilarating hiking experience. Covering a distance of approximately 12 to 16 kilometers, the trek leads through dense forests, picturesque grasslands, and rocky terrains, providing trekkers with unforgettable memories and a close encounter with nature.
- The Starting Point - Borgiri Village: Nestled in the Pune district of Maharashtra, Borgiri is the quaint and scenic village that serves as the starting point for the Borgiri to Bhimashankar trek. Surrounded by lush greenery and a serene ambiance, Borgiri welcomes trekkers with its warm hospitality and offers a glimpse into the rural charm of Maharashtra. Before embarking on the trek, trekkers can take a moment to soak in the beauty of the village and capture some picturesque moments.
- The Enchanting Trail: The trail from Borgiri to Bhimashankar is a well-marked path that takes trekkers on a mesmerizing journey through the Sahyadri mountains. The trek begins with a gradual ascent through thick forests, which provide a much-needed respite from the scorching sun during the summer months. As trekkers ascend, they are treated to panoramic views of the surrounding valleys and the distant Sahyadri peaks.
- The Breathtaking Bhimashankar Temple: The highlight of the Borgiri to Bhimashankar trek is undoubtedly the Bhimashankar Temple, one of the twelve Jyotirlinga shrines of Lord Shiva. Located at an altitude of approximately 3,250 feet, the temple holds immense religious significance and attracts pilgrims from far and wide. The architectural beauty of the temple, coupled with its spiritual aura, leaves trekkers in awe of the place.
- The Thrill of the Waterfalls: During the monsoon and post-monsoon seasons, the trek takes on a new dimension as numerous waterfalls come alive along the route. The cascading waters add to the trek's charm and offer trekkers a chance to refresh themselves in the cool, crystal-clear streams. The sight of water gushing down the rugged cliffs is a true spectacle of nature's grandeur.
- Flora and Fauna Delights: The Borgiri to Bhimashankar trail is rich in biodiversity, showcasing a diverse range of flora and fauna. As trekkers pass through the dense forests, they may spot various species of birds, butterflies, and small mammals. The region is home to several indigenous plant species, making it a haven for nature enthusiasts and photographers.
- Weather Conditions and Best Time to Trek: The best time to undertake the Borgiri to Bhimashankar trek is from June to February when the weather is pleasant, and the region comes alive with lush greenery and vibrant landscapes. During the monsoon season, the trek offers a surreal experience with the rain-washed surroundings and gushing waterfalls. However, it's crucial to exercise caution during the monsoon due to slippery trails and potential landslides.
- Trek Difficulty and Precautions: The Borgiri to Bhimashankar trek is graded as a moderate to challenging trek, suitable for trekkers with some prior hiking experience. The trail involves both uphill and downhill sections, requiring a reasonable level of physical fitness. It is advisable to trek with a group or a certified trekking organization for safety and guidance. Trekkers should also follow the marked trail, carry sufficient water and snacks, wear appropriate trekking shoes, and pack a basic first aid kit.
- The Borgiri to Bhimashankar trek is an unforgettable journey that offers a perfect blend of adventure, spirituality, and nature's splendor. With its picturesque landscapes, diverse flora and fauna, and the religious significance of Bhimashankar Temple, the trek has something to offer for everyone. Whether you seek a spiritual pilgrimage or a thrilling outdoor experience, this trek will leave you with cherished memories to last a lifetime. So, put on your trekking shoes, embrace the wilderness, and embark on this awe-inspiring journey through the Sahyadri Mountains.
- Trek Trail: Jungle trail
- Trek Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Trek Endurance: Medium/ Average
- Trek Length: Approx.3-4km
- Trek Duration: 2 hrs
- Trail Location: Near Bhimashankar Village
- Best Time: July to October
- Distance from Pune: 100km
Why Trekhievers for Bhorgiri Monsoon Trek?
- 3 years experience in organizing Bhorgiri Trek with all safety protocols.
- Served over 400+ customers last year with amazing reviews.
- We provide one trek leader for every group of 10 people
- We will donate a partial amount of your fee for the village development.
- July: 28th, 29th, 30th
- August: 4th, 5th, 6th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 25th, 26th, 27th
- September: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, 10th, 15th,16th, 17th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 29th, 30th
- October: 1st, 6th, 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 27th, 28th, 29th
Note: We need a minimum of 10 people to operate Saturday batches, if not then it will be shifted to the Sunday batch.
- Pune: 1399/-
- Base Village: Rs 699/-
( Pune Pickup: Fergussion colllege gate, Kasarwadi )
- Batch 1- Saturday 05:00 AM to Saturday 08:00 PM
- Batch 2- Sunday 05:00 AM to Sunday 08:00 PM
- 05.00 AM: Report at Fergusson College Main Gate ( https://goo.gl/maps/53XNsyDPwcSVReZW9 )
- 05:15 AM: Pickup from Bremen Chowk, Aundh ( https://goo.gl/maps/2VYKwdMHj2fvRUq48 )
- 05:30 AM: Pickup from Shivar Garden, Pimple Saudagar ( https://goo.gl/maps/jc9QLde4H2jUg1Dc7 )
- 05.40 AM: Pickup from Nasik Phata, Kasarwadi ( https://goo.gl/maps/3Fdnzh3YdLEimfHg7 )
- 05:55 AM: Pickup from Moshi Chowk
- 09.30 AM: Reach the Bhorgiri Village and get Freshen up And Have Breakfast.
- 10.30 AM: start your jungle trek to Bhimashankar forest
- 12.30 PM: Reach Gupt Bhimashankar And start towards to Main Bhimashankar Temple
- 01:30 PM: Have Lunch at Bhimashankar Temple
- 03:00 PM: Start Return journey to Pune With Loads of Memories
- 08:00 PM: Reach Pune (Arrival time is subjective to the traffic and weather conditions)
- Private Bus Transportation from Pune to Pune as per govt COVID guidelines
- Breakfast & Tea
- Lunch ( Veg Thali )
- Trek Leader Charges.
- Trek Expertise Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Travel till pickup points
- 5% GST on Booking Tickets
- Any kind of personal expense like Mineral water/lime water/ Soft Drinks/ Extra snacks or meals that are not mentioned in the inclusions, purchased for personal consumption
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned and included in the inclusion of this package.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of Insurance
Reporting Point :
- 05:00 AM: Starbucks FC road
- 05:30 AM: Nashik Phata
- 08:00 PM (at Fergusson College on Sunday.)
Return time is subjective to the speed of the group, traffic in return, or any unwanted situation beyond our control and can be delayed. Please inform your family members accordingly.
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid kit.
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, facewash, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pants, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
How to book?
- Scroll down to the "BOOK NOW" button and click it.
- Select your departure date from the calendar and proceed.
- Select your ticket type and quantity. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill out our personal details and proceed.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive tickets along with the WhatsApp group link via email. Click on the link to join the WhatsApp group.
- Further details about the trip will be shared on that WhatsApp group 1-2 days prior to the trip.
- Seats will be reserved only after Online booking with full payment.
- Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable to another person for the same event.
- The complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule of the event in case it is required due to and according to any technical, or environmental circumstances like govt. rules and regulations, weather, etc
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice to the participants
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Mukesh -7387642734 | Vrutti - 7304236273 | Pravin - 7208620046 | Akshay - 7397823876
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/trekhieversofficial/
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/trekhievers/
- The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.