- Have you ever experienced trekking at two popular hill stations? If not, then you should visit the Rajmachi fort. Rajmachi Trek is a trek between the two most popular hill stations of Maharashtra- Lonavala, and Karjat.
- It is located in Maharashtra. The trek is a 16 km long trek, and the fort is at an elevation of 2750 ft. The Rajmachi fort consists of two forts, Shrivardhan and Manaranjan fort. So on this trip, you get to explore the heritage of both these forts. The Rajmachi fort is one of the most beautiful and historic forts in Maharashtra.
- The trek route is totally your decision. If you are a beginner at trekking, then the Lonavala route is best for you. The trek route from Lonavala is a long trail. The trek starts from the base village of Rajmachi. The trek route will be an exciting one for you as it is surrounded by forest and greenery. It takes around 4 - 5 hours to reach the final destination.
- If you want to have a thrilling experience, then the Kondhane route is the best option for you. The Rajmachi trekking level is a bit more difficult than the Lonavala trek route. It has a steep climb and takes around 2.5 - 3 hours to reach the fort. And it is all worth it when you reach the final destination.
- During the Rajmachi fort trek, you will experience immense surrounding natural beauty. You will come across various lush green mountains, glorious waterfalls, green valleys, and whatnot. Once you reach the top, you will fall in love with the place. You can witness the surroundings which have the best scenic views of green mountains everywhere. The mesmerizing architecture of the forts is the biggest attraction. You can view the majestic mountains and the unbound beauty of nature.
- The best time to visit Rajmachi Fort is from June to November. During monsoon, the place turns into green heaven, and the trek becomes a bit difficult. During winter, it has the best weather, and it is convenient to walk to the trails.
- The other major attraction of this place is the Rajmachi camping. You can experience outdoor camping, especially in winter. You can indulge in stargazing and have a peaceful time. The calm and quiet surrounding makes it best for the camping experience. Feel the fresh air and rejuvenate your mind and soul with Rajmachi camping.
- The best trip with your friends and family to escape from the hassle of life and experience the wilderness of ]this amazing trek experience. It will be an unforgettable experience for you because this will be a natural beauty package for you!
Rajmachi Camping Event Details :
- Fort Elevation: Jungle trail
- Difficulty: Easy
- Endurance: Moderate
- Length: Approx. 6 km one way
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City: Lonavala
- Stay: Homestay
- Shrivardhan Fort Exploration
- Local village food
- January: 21, 26, 28.
- February: 4, 11,18, 25
- March: 4, 11,18, 25
- April: 1st, 7th, 8th, 15th, 22th, 29th
- May: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
- Lonavala: 1199/-
- Base Village: 999/-
LONAVALA TO LONAVALA:
(For Mumbai and Pune Participants)
- 07:00 PM: Reach Lonavala station and report to the trek leaders
- 08:00 PM: Reach Base village
- 09:30 PM: Have a delicious Dinner ( Authentic Maharashtrian Local Veg Thali)
- 10:30 PM: Enjoy the overnight camping stay with strangers turned into family, nearby the lake and under the sky full of stars, Have rest and reenergize yourself for the next morning's trek.
- 05:00 AM: Wake up call, Get freshen up
- 05:20 AM: Start trek to Rajmachi Fort
- 06:30 AM: Reach the peak and enjoy the beautiful view of sunrise and surrounding. Click photos.
- 08:00 AM: Start descending to the base village
- 09:00 AM: Reach Base Village, Wrap your tents, and have Breakfast
- 09:30 AM: Explore Shiv Temple and lake outside the Village
- 10:30 AM: Start return journey to Lonavala.
- 11:30 AM: Reach Lonavala. Goodbye until the next time!!!
(Due to the heavy rush of trekkers Return transportation service may get delayed, so we request you to be patient and cooperative)
- Jeep Transportation Lonavla to Lonavala
- Breakfast & Tea
- Dinner( Veg Thali)
- Entry Charges.
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid
- Travel till Lonavala
- 5% Gst
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the inclusions above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Things to do at Rajmachi:
Visit Bhairavnath Temple
An ancient golden temple located in Rajmachi near Lonavala is a popular place. This temple is dedicated to an incarnation of lord shiva, also known as Bhairava. It is located in the thick forest of Lonavala, and It is recommended to visitors seeking peace.
Visit Bhushi Dam
The famous Bhushi Dam is located in Lonavala. It is the best getaway for tourists as well as locals. The dam has forcing water which makes it a natural waterpark that tourists love. The beauty of the Bhushi dam is mesmerizing, and it is a must-visit place.
Visit Kataldhar waterfall
Do you also love waterfalls? Then this is the perfect place. You can visit here during the monsoon season, and to reach the Kataldhar waterfall, you need to do an easy trek. It is located near the Rajmachi fort and is a mesmerizing and glorious waterfall. If you get the time, you should visit this waterfall to make your trip memorable.
Rajmachi camping is a major attraction for visitors. The camping site near Rajmachi is quiet and calm, which is perfect for a relaxing weekend getaway. You can witness the beautiful views, the mesmerizing night sky, and the chirping birds. This will be a memorable experience for you.
Places to visit near Rajmachi:
- The trek to Rajmachi will make you exhausted. However, if you are willing to explore more places, there is a list of places you can explore nearby. Lonavala is the nearest city and Hill station where you can visit Bhushi dam, Ekvira temple, and Karla & Bhaja caves which are situated next to the Ekvira temple.
- If you are still not tired of the trek then there is a medium trek for you which is the Lohgad fort trek at an elevation of 1033 m. above sea level. One can enjoy the lakeside camping at Shirota dam backwaters which is east of the Rajmachi fort. Since the fort is surrounded by Sahyadri hills from almost all of its sides, different waterfalls are a very common thing that you will get to explore while on the route to the fort.
- Bhairavnath temple is one of the famous attractions that attracts lots of devotees on special occasions like Mahashivaratri. Kondana Buddhist caves are yet another famous attraction and piece of architecture which is in the way of trekking the fort from the Karjat side.
- The most famous campsite near Rajmachi fort is Pawana lakeside camping. It is the most visited artificial lake in Maharashtra. If you are planning some more days then don’t forget to visit nearby adventure parks and resorts to enjoy different adventures and some rest that you deserve after trekking the marvelous Rajmachi fort.
How to reach Rajmachi:
- Rajmachi Fort is located midway between Pune and Mumbai so you can choose either to come from any of the cities. There are two ways one can take to reach the fort, one is from the Karjat side and the other is from the Lonavala side. If you are planning to visit Rajmachi on local transport then take any local train which travels between Pune- Mumbai. Get down at Karjat from where you can hire an auto to reach Kondhana village. It is the base of the Rajmachi trek from where you have to trek for around 3-4 hours to reach the top.
- Another way to reach Rajmachi is to take a local train from either of the city to reach Lonavala from where you can hire an auto to reach the Tungarli dam which is 4 km from Lonavala station. The rest 16 km from Tungarli to Udhewadi base village has to be covered on foot. It hardly takes 30 mins to reach the top from Udhewadi base village. If you are planning to drive by road, then the distance of the Rajmachi trek from Pune is 82 km and from Mumbai, it is 94 km. after reaching Lonavala which is about 75km from either of the cities you will have to reach Udhewadi- the base village of the trek. If it’s not the rainy season, you are lucky enough to get local transport to cover that 16 km phase from Lonavala to Udhewadi. If you have your transport you can directly reach the base in your car/bike but please make sure your vehicle has enough ground clearance to cover that off-road patch.
Things to carry:
- A photograph.
- Good grip shoes.
- Torch with extra batteries.
- Sleeping bag / Mat with blankets
- Extra Pair of clothes.
- Water bottles 2-3 liters.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits, etc.
- Electoral or Glucon D powder.
- Personal medicines. Sun protection cap, goggles.
COVID Guidelines :
- Mask and maintaining social distance with others are mandatory throughout the trip.
- Buses will be fully sanitized before use.
- Carrying your own sanitizers, gloves, face shield and mask is compulsory.
- Food will be freshly cooked and packed as per WHO guidelines.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days before the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days before the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days before the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- The detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
Mukesh- 7378642374 | Pravin - 7208620046 | Vrutti- 7304236273 | Akshay - 7397823876 |
The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
Can I travel solo for the Rajmachi trek?
Of course yes, even we encourage people to travel solo so that they can meet more like-minded people on trek and enjoy the trek in a whole different way. While coming to safety, safety is the first most priority of our community. So there are almost zero problems with doing a solo trek to Rajmachi.
Is the Rajmachi trek difficult?
It’s an ideal trek to start your trekking routine with as the difficulty level of this trek is easy to moderate. There are not many stiff climbs but one will get exhausted while walking the trail full of lush greenery and views to the fort. So even experienced trekkers won’t get bored while doing the trek.
What is the best time to visit Rajmachi trek?
The ideal time is in the monsoon as you can enjoy lush green vegetation all around the region along with a lot of waterfalls on the way to the trek. These scenic views and experiences would help you to feel fresh throughout the trek. In addition to the treat to your eyes, you can experience a lot of adventures like slippery trails and climbs, dense fog, rain, and windstorms that won’t let you stand steadily. Winter is also a good option to do this trek as the trek will keep you warm in the cool and pleasant weather of winters. The hidden peaks of forts above the clouds are yet another lifelong lasting experience one can take during winters. Summer is not a good time to visit this place as humid and hot weather in summer will trouble you trekking this fort and perhaps will not let you enjoy the real fun of trekking this fort.
What is the best time to visit Rajmachi fireflies?
Monsoon or pre-monsoon is an ideal time to visit Rajmachi fort to experience the view of fireflies at night. There is some chance where you can get to see fireflies in the winter but if you have to experience the real thrill of watching fireflies, visit the place in the monsoon.
When will Rajmachi fireflies season 2021 start?
Rajmachi fireflies season 2021 will arrive before the monsoon starts, the weather between summer and rainy season, a period where you can play with fireflies, the little creatures while they keep awaken you all night.
What is the Rajmachi trek distance from Mumbai?
It is approximately 94 km away from Mumbai if you are traveling by road from the Lonavala side. You will have to reach Lonavala which is 75 km away from Mumbai. Lonavala to Rajmachi is approximately 17 km.
If you are traveling from the Karjat side, you will have to reach Karjat by local train. There are auto transport services from Karjat to Kondhana village- the base village.
What is the Rajmachi trek distance from Pune?
Rajmachi is approximately 82 km away from Pune if you are traveling by road through Lonavala. You will have to reach Lonavala which is 65 km away from Pune. Lonavala to Rajmachi is approximately 17 km.
Are toilets available on the Rajmachi trek?
No, but if it’s urgent you can attend nature's call in open. Toilets are available in the base village so you can freshen up there too.
What is the condition of the mobile network at Rajmachi fort?
While climbing up the trek, you can get poor network connectivity but when you reach the top there is less possibility of not getting a network. If you are lucky enough then you can get a good network to send some messages and to make some calls but again possibility is close to zero.
Is smoking and drinking alcohol allowed during the Rajmachi fort trek?
Smoking and drinking alcohol are strictly prohibited on this trek. One found doing this is not allowed to join the expedition and will be told to leave the place immediately. This place comes under the world biodiversity heritage site so it's our national duty to not spoil this place with such notorious activities.
Is Rajmachi fort trek safe?
Yes, it is completely safe. You will be guided by professional trekkers and your safety is their first most priority. While trekking you will be provided with safety equipment where there is a need. Also, you will be told to bring personal safety-related things e.g. First aid kits, insect repellant, and other such things to ensure your safety. You will need to be more cautious if you are visiting trek in the monsoon as there will be many slippery places.
Is there an ATM nearby?
There are ATMs of union bank, IDBI Bank, Vijaya bank, state bank of India, Bank of India, and several other banks near Rajmachi.
How can we get food during camping?
You can ask locals from the base village to cater your food as per your requirement. They will provide you food at your preferred time at the campsite. You can also camp at the base village and get food from them. As a part of camping activities, You can also carry some easy-to-make food packages with you on camping like Maggi, Eggs, etc. to have it while enjoying bonfire but don't spoil the beauty of the premises by throwing empty packets in open. Keep them with you and take them down the fort to the dustbins.
How many days will be required for this Event?
Two days and one night are enough to enjoy both trekking, night camping, and other activities at this fort. If you are short of time then you can also do one day trek. Again it’s as per your convenience.
Can we drive to the base of this trek?
You can drive from Lonavala to the base village of this trek but you should check that your car has enough ground clearance to tackle that 16km of the off-road patch. It will be more dangerous if you are planning to drive in the monsoon as the complete off-road patch would be full of pebbles and slippery mud. So it’s good to avoid driving here in the monsoon.
Where can we park our cars?
Lonavala. But if you are planning to cover the Rajmachi trek distance from Lonavala to base village Udhewadi then you can park your car at the village. You can ask nearby local people to take care of your car but again it’s at your own risk. There is no commercial car parking at all.
Are kids allowed on the trek?
Kids below the age of 9 are not allowed on the trek hence you will need to carry an I card so that age of the kid can be identified. Moreover, kids under the age of 17 should be accompanied by the parents to enjoy the camping activities more safely.
How can I get drinking water on the trek?
You can carry water with you on the trek. If it gets over then there is no chance of getting filtered water throughout the trail to the fort. But you can get normal well water which can be refilled in the reusable water bottles that are carried by you. At the top, you can get water from the old manmade water tanks which will quench your thirst with some real natural flavor, which is also a camping activity.
Can I charge my phone?
Udhewadi village doesn’t receive electricity so carrying a Power bank would be a great option to look for.
Can we listen to music on a Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on a speaker or earphones is not allowed while trekking the fort for safety purposes. You can listen to music at the campsite on speaker unless and until no one is getting disturbed. Again using speakers at homestays is not permitted.
Can we complete the trek in one day?
Yes, you can complete the trek in one day but it is advisable to give it two days to explore the complete fort and the caves.
Which trekking route is most preferable?
If you want to enjoy the trek in a full-fledged adventurous way then you should go from the side of Kondhane caves which will take up to 4 hours to climb. This is considered one of the best treks in Maharashtra. You can also drive right up to Udhewadi village and climb up the trek in 30-40 min to the top. You can choose one of these two routes at your convenience.
Can we do an overnight trek to Rajmachi?
Overnight trek to Rajmachi is one of the things in camping activities which is possible and an adventurous thing to do in full moonlight. Also, make sure you carry torches and wear full shoes during the night trek and night camping.
What are the permissions and charges for the Rajmachi trek?
You don’t need any permission to trek this fort however a fee of rupees 5 is collected at the base village by the local committee for the wellness of the trekkers. If you are traveling in your own vehicle from Lonavala and Rajmachi then Rs 100 needs to be paid for a 4 wheeler and Rs 20 needs to be paid for 2 wheeler
What is the trek distance of Rajmachi fort?
The trek distance is approximately 16 km.
What is the distance of Rajmachi fort from Pune?
It is approximately 175 km away from Pune.
What is the height of the Rajmachi fort?
The height of Rajmachi fort is approximately 2750 ft.
What is the difficulty level of the Rajmachi trek?
It is an easy to moderate level of the trek.
What is the distance of Rajmachi fort from Lonavala and Karjat?
It is approximately 16 km from Lonavala and 16 km from Karjat.
What is the distance of Rajmachi fort from Mumbai?
It is approximately 315 Km from Mumba