.Tarsar Marsar Trek is the prettiest summer trek in India. This is a classic trek that offers quite a variety and range in scenic beauty and landscape. The trek holds three beautiful alpine lakes, lush grasslands, shimmering river streams, and a chain of snow-peaked mountains. This is an easy to moderate trek which makes even a beginner to enjoy the natural bounties that this trek offers.
Tarsar Marsar Trek starts from Aru valley – a quaint valley 112 km off Srinagar. The first day of the trek is an acclimatization camping day at Aru valley beside the lovely Lidder river. The next day the trek proceeds with a short ascent till it enters the thick jungle. The trail through the jungle of pine trees is soothing with the chirping of birds and the music of the Lidder river. One walks through this jungle for about 5km and then the trail blends with a vast meadow. The meadow is wavy and runs alongside the Lidder river. It’s an easy delightful walk until one reaches the campsite of Lidderwat.
The third day of the trek starts from Lidderwat with a short ascent and then goes into the jungle. The jungle walk finishes into a wide valley of varied flowers and plants. The valley is covered with trees in the surroundings. One gets to cross the Lidder river stream. The gradient of the day is easy with some boulder sections to maneuver just before the day’s campsite at Shekwas.
The next day, start with a gradual ascent through rocky terrain. And then after a river crossing the rocks give way to a long lush meadow. There are shepherd huts on the way and you will see many sheep grazing in these meadows. This meadow walk is soothing and takes one to the beautiful almond-shaped Tarsar Lake. The campsite is just in the vicinity of the lake with the magnificent view of this lake from your camp. Enjoy your evening exploring this lake.
The fifth day of the trek starts with a steep but short ascent to the Tarsar ridge. It then follows a sharp descent and then a boulder trail. It then merges with the long lush meadow of the silent valley. This valley is divinely calm and refreshing. You will see waterfalls cascading down from the surrounding mountains. The trail then takes you to the next campsite just below Sundersar lake.
On the sixth day, behold the beautiful Sundersar lake. The lake is small and round. You will be following the round trail of this lake. Then a short ascent will take you to the Marsar ridge which is the highest altitude of this trek – 4020m. Immediately you will see the large, colorful Marsar lake. The vastness and beauty of the lake will amaze you and will finish all the tiredness of the day. This is the best spot to take a break and have some snacks. From here you will have to retrace your steps towards the silent valley. And then go down via meadow and boulder section to Shekwas and Homwas.
The last day of the trek is long but without any sharp ascent or descent. You will be covering the distance through wavy meadows. The trek finishes in Aru.
Basic information :
- Dificulty - Moderate - Difficult
- Duration - 7D/6N
- Maximum Altitude -2377M to 4020M
- Base Camp - Aru
Best time to visit - June - October
- Day 1: Srinagar – Aru
- Day 2: Aru – Lidderwat
- Day 3: Lidderwat – Shekwas
- Day 4: Shekwas – Tarsar Lake
- Day 5: Tarsar Lake – Sundersar
- Day 6: Visit Sundersar & Marsar Lakes and then descend to Homwas
- Day 7: Homwas – Aru – Srinagar
Srinagar - Srinagar : ₹13,500/-
Fixed Departure Dates :
- June : 17th, 18th, 19th, 24th, 25th, 26th
- July : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 29th, 30th, 31st
- August : 5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 26th, 27th, 28th
- September: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 30th
- October: 1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 9th, 14th, 15th, 16th
Day 1: Srinagar – Aru
- Altitude: 2,426m
- Time taken:3.5 hours drive
- The drive is around 4 hours. Pahalgam is around 100 km from Srinagar and then a further 12 km up is Aru Valley. Aru is arguably the best valley and hamlet in Kashmir. This village has remained the base camp for some of the fascinating treks that include the Tarsar Marsar Trek.
- While driving towards Aru, you will see the breathtaking Kashmir valley. The ride goes via NH1 Highway and meets Lidder river before Pahalgam. You will be driving through the famous Pahalgam. You will take left towards Aru and it’s an easy uphill drive that drops down to the beautiful Lidder rives coming from Tarsar Lake which you will in the coming days trek to.
- At Aru, our campsite will be fixed to welcome you with a welcome drink. You will meet your trek leader there who will give a brief about your trek and journey ahead. Around 7 you will be served dinner in the middle of this fascinating valley.
Day 2: Aru – Lidderwat
- Altitude: 2,426 m to 2,780 m
- Time taken:6 hours
- Distance: 11km
- The gradient of the day is easy, however, there is a long walk of around 11 km. For only the first 30 minutes there is a gradual ascend into the jungle.
- The trail of the trek starts with the jungle for about 5 km. The jungle is thick and at a few places opens wide giving way to the shepherd houses and deep gorges in the distance towards your left. The jungle is full of birds and you will see the trail frequented by shepherds and ponymen.
- After the jungle walk, the trail opens onto a vast wavy meadow. The meadow is far-stretching with a couple of river crossings. In the midway of this meadow walk, you will be walking just beside the river Lidder. The river dances and flows delightfully. The grass of the meadow just goes to the bank of the river. You can relax and rest for some time at any of these beautiful locations on the way. Fill your water bottles with this clean glacial water that comes right from Tarsar Lake. This Lidder river will be your travel partner until Tarsar Lake.
- While walking for some time, you will see a triangular wooden hut towards your left. Cross the bridge that goes towards the meadow surrounding the hut. You will see your campsite ready for you. You will be welcomed with evening snacks and drinks. This camping site is called Lidderwat.
Day 3: Lidderwat – Shekwas
- Altitude: 2,780 m 3,360 m
- Time taken: 5 hours
- Distance: 6km
- The day starts with an ascend and takes you to the higher ground from where you get a wider view of the entire Lidderwat Valley. The grade of the day is easy. Shortly after your first climb, the trail merges into the forest. You will be walking through the jungle and parallel to the Lidder River.
- The trail then opens out into the long stretches of meadow walk. You will have to cross the river over a log bridge. The valley is full of wildflowers and grass. You will reach a Homwas where the river meets the meadow, relax and enjoy the gorgeous beauty here. On your way, you will see shepherd houses and a cluster of Silver Birch
- Just before you reach Shekwas there is a boulder section. Be careful with your steps. You will be traversing this section with care, the boulders and big and at times wet with the water the flows below them. Just after the boulder section is the campsite for the night.
Day 4: Shekwas – Tarsar Lake
- Altitude: 3,360 m to 3,790 m
- Time taken: 5 hours
- Distance: 5km
- Post breakfast, you will be heading towards Tarsar Lake. The gradient of the day is moderate. The trail is dominated by the boulder and rocky section. You will be walking on the boulders and in between the thin trail of boulders. The river runs beside you towards your right. The boulder section almost ends at the river crossing. The bride is of wood and slim, however, the crossing is short.
- The trail then has a short ascend and you will meet the shepherd house. The family most of the time welcomes the trekkers. The shepherds roam around this place with their flock.
- The trail is then a succession of small ascends and descends. The walk in the middle of the meadow is surrounded by mountains.
- Once the meadows finish, you will see yourself walking towards the ever-gorgeous alpine lake of Kashmir. Tarsar Lake is almond-shaped and one of the prettiest lakes of Kashmir. You will feel the thrill of seeing this lake, it is so mesmerizing that you will not stop before thronging around this lake the moment you see it.
- The campsite will be ready here for the night stay.
Day 5: Tarsar Lake – Sundersar
- Altitude: 3,790 m to 3,945 m
- Time taken: 5 hours
- Distance: 5 km
- The gradient of the day is moderate. The trail starts with a sharp ascend for around an hour. The ridge is just parallel to the lake which takes you to the other side of Tarsar Valley.
- Once you have reached the top of the ridge, you get a fascinating view of Tarsar Lake. All the pics that you have seen of Tarsar Lake with a wider view are from this top. All the trekkers stop here for pictures and videos and rest for some time. The descend from this ridge is equally sharp, be careful with your steps and trail.
- After you have descended there is a boulder crossing and thereafter you enter into a terrific beautiful meadow that connects Shekiwas to Sundersar. The meadow has been named Silent Valley owing to its calmness. It has lush grass in between the two mountain stretches. The land is filled with small river streams and water ponds.
- After the meadow, there is a short ascend and descend that will take you to your Sundersar campsite.
Day 6: Visit Sundersar & Marsar Lakes and then descend to Homwas
- Altitude: 3,945 m to 3,505 m via Marsar Ridge 4020 m
- Time taken:7 hours
- Distance: 9km
- From your campsite, you will reach within half an hour the stunning Sundersar Lake. The lake is small and exquisite with the small mountains surrounding it from three sides. The lake is glacial and circular.
- To visit Marsar Lake, you will have to go round to the Sundersar lake and ascend a ridge. It takes half an hour to climb that till you reach a flat land and within minutes you are beholding the eternal Marsar Lake, place there in all the calmness and beauty. The lake is wide and enticing. You will see this lake from the vantage point where you get the view of an entire lake. Enjoy the view of the lake, take pictures and videos to capture this moment. This is also the highest altitude point of the entire trek. You will be standing at an altitude of around 4020m.
- After seeing Marsar, you will take the same route back via sundersar lake and descend towards Homwas.
Day 7: Homwas – Aru – Srinagar
- Altitude: 3,505 m to 2,426 m
- Time taken:6 hours
- Distance: 13km
- This is the last day of the trek. The trail is long and that which you have already traversed in the first two days of your trek from Aru.
- The trail will go to Aru via Lidderwat and follow the same route. The trek ends at Aru, the way it starts. From Aru, take a cab that drops you at Srinagar.
- All veg meals during the trek. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, dinner.
- Camp accommodation on all the nights in high high-quality tents on a twin-sharing basis. Sleeping bags, sleeping mattresses, dining tents, and cutlery included.
- Helpers to pitch the tents, wash the dishes, serve the food and assist while on the camp.
- Mountaineering qualified and experienced trek leaders, guides, and experienced cooks.
- All the necessary mountain medicine includes first aid, oxygen cylinder, etc.
- Passes and Permits.
Meal plan: In every meal plan, we try to provide different varieties, trying not to repeat the dishes, particularly in dinner and lunch. Here is the list of dishes and items from which we serve the clients.
- Breakfast: eggs, paratha, chana, poha, dalia, upma, cornflakes, bread toast, butter, jam, roti, coffee, tea, kehwa, etc.
- Lunch and dinner: we make a variety of dishes and try to serve the varied dishes. On all trek days, there will be different dishes served. We try not to repeat our dishes unless the clients say otherwise.
- We serve veg dishes like veg biryani, veg pulaw, muttar paneer, palak paneer, aloo gobi, rajma chawal, rajma kadhai, mix veg, chana masala, kadhi chawal, dal makhni, bhindi masala, dal fry, veg korma, Kashmiri nadru, Kashmiri haakh, aloo matar, bhaingan ka bharta, dam aloo, andaburji, etc. We have both roti and rice available for dinner and lunch. We serve them with different pickles and salad.
- For evening snacks we have tea, pakoda, soup, noodles, maggie, veg rolls, biscuits, etc.
- For dessert we serve gulab jamun, phirni, halwa, custard, sewaya, fruit chaat, fruit cake, almond cake, etc.
- Lunch on the first day.
- Personal expenses.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusion list.
If you wish to avail of our transportation service, then the extra cost will be 1500 per person. The transportation cost is to and fro. The pickup and drop place will be Srinagar.
Offloading charges: In case you want us to carry your backpack, the cost per bag is Rs 2500/ per bag. The maximum weight allowed is 10kg. Please note that only a proper trekking backpack will be allowed to offload. No trolly or suitcase will be allowed to offload. We strictly follow to adequately place the load on our ponies. The maximum weight on each pony will be 40kg as recommended by the Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Department.
Things to Carry:
- Woolen Sweater (carry 5 layers during winter trek)
- Fleece Jacket
- Padded Jacket
- T-shirts (3)
- Trekking pants (2)
- Undergarments (4 pair)
- Woolen Cap
- Socks (both cotton and woolen)
- Trekking pole
- Medical Kit.
Payment Details :
UPI ID : 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp 8850043643 for confirmation , we will then share a form for final booking procedure .
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days before the event date then no refunds will be given.
- No show = No refund.
TREKHIEVERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- Detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the rights to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs and no litter policy.
Contact details :
Mrunali - 8591837526 | Nitin - 7387523876