- Embark on a thrilling adventure with the Hampta Pass trek combined with the serene beauty of Chandratal Lake. This incredible journey takes you deep into the heart of the Himalayas, offering a mesmerizing experience that will leave you in awe of nature's grandeur.
- Starting from Delhi, a scenic drive takes you to the picturesque town of Manali, where your trek begins. Nestled in the Kullu Valley, Manali serves as the gateway to the Himalayas, with its charming landscapes, towering mountains, and serene ambiance. As you set foot on the trail, a world of natural wonders unfolds before your eyes.
- The Hampta Pass trek is a thrilling escapade that spans over 35 kilometers, taking you through a diverse range of landscapes. From lush green meadows to rugged mountain terrains, each step offers a new perspective of the majestic Himalayas. The trail winds through dense forests, crosses gushing rivers, and presents breathtaking vistas at every turn.
- One of the highlights of the trek is reaching the majestic Hampta Pass, situated at an elevation of approximately 4,270 meters. Standing at the top, you are rewarded with panoramic views of snow-capped peaks, deep valleys, and vast expanses of untouched wilderness. It is a moment of triumph and a testament to your perseverance and love for adventure.
- From the Hampta Pass, the trail descends into the scenic Spiti Valley, leading you to the tranquil Chandratal Lake. Nestled at an altitude of around 4,300 meters, the crescent-shaped lake is a sight to behold. Its crystal-clear waters reflect the surrounding snow-capped peaks, creating a surreal ambiance that captivates the soul. Spending a night camping by the lake, gazing at the starry night sky, is an experience that lingers in your memory forever.
- Throughout the trek, you are accompanied by experienced guides and support staff who ensure your safety and well-being. Their expertise and knowledge of the region add an extra layer of assurance and make your journey even more enriching. Camping amidst nature, savoring delicious meals prepared by the campfire, and sharing stories with fellow trekkers create a sense of camaraderie and forge lasting friendships.
- The Hampta Pass with Chandratal Lake trek is suitable for both beginners and experienced trekkers, although a reasonable level of fitness is recommended. The best time to undertake this adventure is from June to September when the weather is pleasant and the trails are accessible. However, always be prepared for unexpected weather changes and carry appropriate trekking gear.
- In conclusion, the Hampta Pass with Chandratal Lake trek is a thrilling expedition that allows you to immerse yourself in the unmatched beauty of the Himalayas. It is a journey of self-discovery, where you push your limits, conquer challenges, and experience moments of pure bliss. So, leave behind the chaos of city life, embrace the mountains, and let the Himalayas weave their magic on your soul.
Basic Trek Information:
- The Hampta Pass trek covers a distance of approximately 35 kilometers (22 miles) in total. The trek starts from Jobra and concludes at Chatru, crossing the Hampta Pass along the way.
- In terms of altitude, the Hampta Pass stands at approximately 4,270 meters (14,009 feet) above sea level. It serves as the highest point of the trek and offers breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
- The difficulty level of the Hampta Pass trek is considered moderate, making it suitable for both beginners and experienced trekkers. The trail involves ascending steep sections, navigating rocky terrain, and crossing streams. Some parts of the trail may require a good level of physical fitness and endurance.
- Endurance plays a crucial role in successfully completing the trek. The total duration of the trek is typically around 4 to 5 days, depending on the itinerary and pace. Each day involves trekking for several hours, covering a distance of approximately 8 to 12 kilometers (5 to 7.5 miles). It is important to maintain a steady pace, stay hydrated, and listen to your body's needs to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable trekking experience.
- It is recommended to engage in regular physical exercise and cardiovascular activities before embarking on the Hampta Pass trek to improve endurance and stamina. Building strength in your legs, core, and cardiovascular system can greatly enhance your trekking experience and help you overcome the challenges along the way.
- It's always advisable to consult with professional trek organizers, carry the necessary trekking gear, including appropriate clothing, sturdy footwear, and essential supplies, and follow the guidance and instructions provided by experienced guides to ensure a safe and rewarding trekking experience on the Hampta Pass trail.
Departure from Delhi:
- June: 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25
- July: 2, 7, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- August: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
- September:,1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- October: 6, 13, 20, 27
- Manali to Manali: 7499/- per person
- Delhi to Delhi: 11499/- per person
Manali to Manali
- Day 1: Manali to Jobra and Trek to Chikka
- Day 2: Chikka to Balu ka Ghera
- Day 3: Balu ka Ghera to Hampta Pass and Return
- Day 4: Siagoru to Chatru and drive to Chandra Tal.
- Day 5: Chandra Tal to Manali drive via Atal Tunnel
Delhi to Delhi
- Day 1: Departure from Delhi
- Day 2: Relax, Acclimatize, and Explore Manali
- Day 3: Manali to Jobra and Trek to Chikka
- Day 4: Chikka to Balu ka Ghera
- Day 5: Balu ka Ghera to Hampta Pass and Return
- Day 6: Siagoru to Chatru and drive to Chandra Tal.
- Day 7: Chandra Tal to Manali drive via Atal Tunnel
- Day 8: Arrive in Delhi
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in a camping tent during the trek on a triple-sharing basis.
- All veg meals while on trek (Breakfast, Lunch, High Tea, Soup, Dinner)
- Transport from Manali to the base village, Chatru to Chandratal, and return
- All necessary permits and entry fees
- First aid medical kit with Oximeter and Oxygen cylinder
- Qualified and experienced Trek Guide and support staff
- Camping Tents, sleeping bags, Rolling mattresses, Toilet Tent
- Morning / Evening tea with light snacks during the trek.
What is NOT included in the tour
- 5% GST
- Any meals during transit
- Personal Expenses
- Cost Escalation due to unforeseen reasons
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head
- Travel Insurance
- Reprot at Majnu Ka Tilla at 06:00 PM
- Take a Volvo / Cab to Manali ( anywhere between 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm )
- Start the journey from Delhi to Manali.
- Reach Manali and proceed to our base camp in Old Manali.
- Checkin and meet the team and get acclimatized
- Go to the local market to buy/rent any trekking equipment required.
- Self explore Manali
- Dinner and Stay at the campsite in Old Manali.
- Pickup from Manali to Jobra at 7 AM
- Meet your Trek Leader in Manali.
- Depart from Manali in a private vehicle and drive to Jobra, the starting point of the trek (approximately 1 hour).
- Begin the trek from Jobra to Chika campsite (approximately 2-3 hours).
- Settle in at the campsite, enjoy the scenic surroundings, and have dinner.
- Overnight stay in tents at Chika campsite.
- After breakfast, start the trek from Chika to Balu Ka Ghera.
- Trek through beautiful landscapes, cross wooden bridges and witness the gradual change in scenery.
- Reach Balu Ka Ghera campsite, which is surrounded by towering mountains.
- Set up tents, relax, and enjoy the evening.
- Overnight stay in tents at Balu Ka Ghera campsite.
- Today is the most challenging day of the trek.
- Begin early in the morning and ascend towards Hampta Pass.
- Marvel at the breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks, glaciers, and the vast expanse of the valley.
- Cross the Hampta Pass and descend towards Shea Goru campsite.
- Reach Shea Goru, set up tents, and rest for the night.
- Overnight stay in tents at Shea Goru campsite.
- After breakfast, start the trek from Shea Goru to Chatru.
- Trek through rocky terrain, cross streams and enjoy the scenic beauty of the surroundings.
- Reach Chatru and board a jeep for a scenic drive to Chandratal Lake.
- Explore the mesmerizing Chandratal Lake, enjoy the serene atmosphere, and capture beautiful moments.
- Return to Chatru by jeep and set up the camp for the night.
- Overnight stay in tents at Chatru campsite.
- Have breakfast and bid farewell to the mountains.
- Board a vehicle from Chatru and drive back to Manali (approximately 5-6 hours).
- Arrive in Manali by late afternoon or evening, marking the end of the Hampta Pass with the Chandratal trek.
- Drop at Manali by 7 PM. You can plan the return journey accordingly.
- Delhi to Delhi people will board a Volvo to Delhi
- Reach Delhi around 10 AM
Please note that the itinerary may vary slightly based on the trekking company, weather conditions, and the discretion of the trek leader. It's important to follow their instructions and stay updated with any changes during the trek.
Backpack Offloading Cost:
- If the payment is made in advance through Paytm/online, then the charges per bag will be Rs. 1200/- for the entire program. Which will be made 7 days prior to the program.
- The backpack cannot weigh more than 10 kg. The backpack should have a waterproof cover. Suitcase/Strolley Bags will not be allowed.
Things to carry:
- Trekking shoes: Carry waterproof trekking shoes with good grip and ankle support. Do not carry sports shoes.
- Three layers of warm clothes: Carry two or three-layer jackets, fleece jackets, and a padded jacket.
- Two/Three trek pants: Carry light cotton trek pants. Denim/jeans and shorts are not suitable for trekking.
- Three t-shirts (collared/dry-fit): Full-sleeved t-shirts that prevent sun burns on the neck and arms. Carry one or two dry-fit T-shirts.
- Thermals: Carry thermals (top and bottom).
- Sun Protection: Sunscreen, a wide-brim hat, and sunglasses are mandatory.
- Waterproof hand gloves: Carry waterproof gloves and avoid woolen gloves as they will get wet if you touch snow.
- Socks (3-4 pairs) and a pair of woolen socks: Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woolen socks for the night.
- Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
- Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall, and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that you don’t get wet. The trek will continue as planned even during rainfall.
- Lunch box and water bottle: Every participant should have their personal lunch box and a water bottle [insulated type].
- Energy Bars: Nutrient-dense with oats, nuts, seeds, and fruit.
- Personal Hygiene Kit: Hand sanitizer, biodegradable soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cotton washcloth, toilet paper, a menstrual cup (if necessary), or feminine hygiene products, and a sealable plastic bag to carry them out.
- Mini First Aid Kit: First aid for emergencies
- Trash Bag: Normal kitchen garbage bags to keep the trails you trek beautiful, clean, and free of garbage.
- Slippers: With a flexible sole and good grip, water-resistant.
Things to do
- Enjoy Scenic Landscapes: Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of the Himalayan landscapes, including snow-capped peaks, lush green meadows, and cascading waterfalls.
- Trekking: Experience the thrill of trekking through varied terrains, including rocky paths, alpine meadows, and challenging mountain passes like the Hampta Pass.
- Capture Moments: Carry a camera to capture the stunning vistas, panoramic views, and memorable moments throughout the trek.
- Camp under the Stars: Set up camps at picturesque locations and spend nights under the starry sky, enjoying the peaceful ambiance of the mountains.
- Explore Chandratal Lake: Visit the enchanting Chandratal Lake, also known as the "Moon Lake," and witness its crystal-clear waters reflecting the surrounding mountains.
- Wildlife Spotting: Keep an eye out for wildlife encounters, such as Himalayan birds, mountain goats, and other native species.
- Interact with Locals: Get to know the local culture and interact with the people residing in the small villages along the trekking route.
- Experience Local Cuisine: Sample the local cuisine of the region, which may include traditional Himachali dishes like siddu, thukpa, and dham.
- River Crossings: Navigate river crossings along the trek, adding a sense of adventure and thrill to the experience.
- Enjoy Campfire Nights: Gather around a campfire in the evenings, share stories, and indulge in some delicious food with your fellow trekkers.
- Sunrise and Sunset Views: Wake up early to witness stunning sunrise views from various vantage points along the trek. Similarly, enjoy the mesmerizing sunset views in the mountains.
- Connect with Nature: Take moments to appreciate the serenity and tranquility of the mountains, allowing yourself to connect with nature on a deeper level.
- Admire Flora and Fauna: Observe the diverse plant life and unique Himalayan flora, including rhododendrons, wildflowers, and alpine vegetation.
- Experience the Thrill of Hampta Pass: Challenge yourself with the steep ascent to Hampta Pass and soak in the rewarding views from the top.
- Relax and Rejuvenate: Take breaks during the trek to relax, meditate, and rejuvenate amidst the pristine surroundings.
Remember to follow responsible trekking practices, respect the environment, and abide by the rules and regulations of the trekking area to ensure a memorable and sustainable experience.
Payment Details :
UPI ID: 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp number 7387523876 for confirmation, we will then share a form for the final booking procedure.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
NO REFUND SHALL BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE INITIAL BOOKING AMOUNT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS. HOWEVER IF FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE THEN,
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the trip's start date, 50% of the trip cost will be refunded within 5-7 working days.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the trip's start date, 25% of the trip cost will be refunded within 5-7 working days.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the trip's start date, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees. No refund will be processed.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If we cancel the TRIP, only the TRIP AMOUNT will be refunded.
- A complete schedule of the trek will be given to the registered participants 12 Hours prior on WhatsApp.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule in case of any unavoidable circumstance.
- The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
What is the Hampta Pass with the Chandratal trek?
The Hampta Pass with Chandratal trek is a popular high-altitude trek in the Himalayas that takes you through the stunning landscapes of Himachal Pradesh, India.
What is the best time to do the Hampta Pass with the Chandratal trek?
The best time to undertake this trek is from June to September when the weather is generally favorable and the trail is accessible.
How long does the trek take to complete?
The trek typically takes around 4 to 6 days to complete, depending on the specific itinerary and the pace of the trekking group.
What is the difficulty level of the Hampta Pass with the Chandratal trek?
The trek is considered moderate in terms of difficulty, suitable for both beginners and experienced trekkers. It involves steep ascents, rocky terrains, and some river crossings.
Is prior trekking experience required?
While prior trekking experience is not mandatory, it is recommended to have a basic level of fitness and stamina for a comfortable trekking experience.
What is the maximum altitude reached during the trek?
The highest point of the trek is the Hampta Pass, which stands at an elevation of approximately 4,270 meters (14,009 feet) above sea level.
Are there any age restrictions for the trek?
There are no specific age restrictions, but participants should be in good physical health and capable of enduring the trekking challenges.
Is it necessary to hire a guide or can it be done independently?
While it is possible to do the trek independently, hiring a professional guide or joining a reputable trekking company is recommended for safety and convenience.
What kind of accommodation is available during the trek?
Accommodation during the trek is typically in tents or basic guesthouses/lodges, depending on the availability at different campsites.
What permits are required for the trek?
Permits are required for the Hampta Pass trek, including the necessary permissions from the local authorities and the forest department. These permits are usually arranged by the trek organizers.
How do I reach the starting point of the trek?
The trek usually starts from Manali, which is well-connected by road from major cities in North India. Participants can reach Manali by bus or private transportation.
Are there any medical facilities available during the trek?
Basic medical facilities may be available at some campsites, but it's advisable to carry a personal first aid kit and any necessary medications.
What kind of food is provided during the trek?
Nutritious vegetarian meals are provided during the trek, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The meals are usually simple yet filling, consisting of local dishes and snacks.
What should I pack for the Hampta Pass with the Chandratal trek?
Essential items to pack include trekking boots, comfortable clothing layers, warm jackets, rain gear, a sleeping bag, a backpack, a water bottle, sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, a headlamp, toiletries, a personal first aid kit, and any necessary medications.
Is there any mobile network connectivity during the trek?
Mobile network connectivity is limited during the trek, especially in remote areas. It's advisable to check with your service provider for coverage details and inform your family and friends about limited communication availability.
Are there any water sources along the trekking route?
Yes, there are water sources available at various points along the trekking route. However, it is advisable to carry water purification tablets or a water filter to ensure safe drinking water.
Is it possible to do the trek in the winter season?
The Hampta Pass with Chandratal trek is generally not recommended during the winter season (November to March) due to heavy snowfall and challenging weather conditions. It is more popular during the summer months.
What are the cancellation policies for the trek?
The cancellation policies may vary depending on the trekking company or organizer you choose. It's important to carefully read and understand their terms and conditions regarding cancellations, refunds, and rescheduling.
What are some other popular treks in the region?
The region offers several popular treks, including the Bhrigu Lake trek, Beas Kund trek, and Pin Parvati Pass trek. Each trek has its own unique features and challenges, providing trekkers with diverse experiences.
Can I see Chandratal Lake during the trek?
The Chandratal Lake is not part of the Hampta Pass trek itinerary. However, some trek organizers may offer an additional extension or side trip to Chandratal Lake as part of a separate package or customized itinerary.
Please note that the specific details and answers to these questions may vary depending on the trek organizers, current conditions, and regulations. It's always recommended to consult with professional trek organizers for the most accurate and up-to-date information before planning your trek.