A famous ancient fort in the district of Ahmednagar is a perfect place for you to visit for a weekend getaway. Located at the Malshej ghat, Harishchandragad fort is around 166 km from Pune and 218 km from Mumbai. It is at an elevation of 1424 meters.
Harishchandragad is famous for its historic nature. Nature lovers visit this place to have a beautiful view of the fort and the surrounding natural beauty. It even offers a variety of adventures. It is said that Harishchandragad was built in the 6th century. It has various caves which were carved around the 11th century.
This palace has all the experiences that a perfect trip requires. If you love trekking, then you will love this place because the Harishchandragad trek has multiple routes. It has easy routes for beginner-level trekking, moderate routes for an exciting trekking experience, and difficult routes for a challenging trekking experience. Every trek route is surprising, exciting, and thrilling. And what else do you want?
Now let's talk about all the nature lovers. During the Harishchandragad trek, you can witness multiple majestic mountains, lush greenery everywhere, and several waterfalls. During monsoons, you can feel the fresh air and hear the soft sound of rustling leaves and chirping birds, which will soothe your mind and body.
The trek takes around 9 hours, and all the effort is worth it when you reach the final destination that is the Harishchandragad fort. The experience of scenic view beauty from the top is excellent and extraordinary. You can see multiple mountains and spectacular valleys from the top.
The temperature at the top is cool and calm. The best time to visit this place is in winter as you will witness fog everywhere in the surrounding, which makes this place look more incredible.
This place will surprise you, and you will cherish the memories for a lifetime. It is a very unexplored place. You should surely visit this place for an unforgettable experience and a great weekend.
Harishchandragad Trek Information:
- Fort Elevation: Fort trail
- Trek Difficulty: Easy to Moderate.
- Trek Endurance: Easy to Moderate.
- Trek Length: Approx. 2-3 km
- Location Address: Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary, Maharashtra.
- 25th-26th January 2022
- 29th-30th January 2022
- Mumbai (Kasara) : Rs 1300/-
- Pune: Rs 1400/-
- Base Village: Rs 700/-
- Take 08:50 Kasara Fast Local
- 08:50 PM: CSMT
- 09:05 PM: Dadar
- 09:16 PM: Ghatkopar
- 09:32 PM: Thane
- 09:54 PM: Kalyan
- 11:05 PM: Kasara
- 11:15 PM: Report at Kasara Station ( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 11:45 PM: Report at Kasara Ghat ( https://goo.gl/maps/mVPDgmvuRiC5rCqQ8 )
- Take a dinner break at Baba da Dhaba
- 12:00 AM: Igatpuri ( https://goo.gl/maps/6shGazSQyMyubf3L8 )
- 12:15 AM: Leave for the base village.
- 04:00 AM: Reach base village
- 04:30 AM: Start trek to Taramati for sunrise
- 07:00 AM: Watch the sunrise
- 07:15 AM: Descend to Kokankada and have breakfast
- 08:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Relax and explore Kokankada, Harishchandragad Fort, Kedareshwar Caves, Saptatirtha Pushkarni
- 10:30 AM: Start descending via the same route
- 12:30 AM: Reach Base Village
- 01:00 PM: Have Lunch
- 02:00 PM: Depart for Mumbai
- 06:00 PM: Reach Kasara(Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- 06:18 PM: Take CSMT Fast Local
- 08:00 PM: Report at FC road ( https://goo.gl/maps/53XNsyDPwcSVReZW9 )
- 08:30 PM: Pickups from Kasarwadi ( https://goo.gl/maps/fpMtVDhNwiFyVdBm6 )
- 02:00 AM: Reach base village
- 03:00 AM: Start our trek to Taramati Shikar
- 06:30 AM: Reach Taramati and watch the sunrise
- 07:30 AM: Reach Kokankada and have breakfast
- 08:00 AM - 10:30 AM: Relax and explore the fort Kokankada and Harishchandragad
- 10:30 AM: Start descending via the same route
- 01:00 PM: Reach base village
- 01:30 PM: Have lunch
- 03:00 PM: Depart for Pune
- 11:00 PM: Reach Pune(Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- Travel from Pune / Mumbai by Private bus as per govt COVID guidelines
- Lunch (Veg Thali)
- Guide Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Travel till pickup points
- GST (5%)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Things to do:
Harishchandreshwar Temple: This temple is famous for its carved sculptures and intricate artwork. You will fall in love with the beauty of this temple. The beautiful artistry inside the temple attracts a lot of visitors. This temple is best for all visitors to explore the artistic beauty of this historical temple.
Kedareshwar Cave: Kedareshwar cave is an enormous cave that houses a Shiva-Linga. The Shiva-Linga is surrounded by the water, and it is a major attraction of people visiting here. Caves attract several visitors who love ancient and historical places and if you are one of them you will surely love this place.
Konkan Kada: It is one of the highest peaks of Maharashtra and gives a challenging experience to all trek enthusiasts. It is at a height of 3500 ft and has a beautiful view from the top. You will witness the most astonishing scenic beauty from here. If you love trekking or natural beauty, then you should visit this place to have a wonderful experience.
Saptatirtha pushkarini: Saptatirtha pushkarini is a pond located near the Harishchandreshwar temple. It has a beautiful idol of Lord Vishnu. It is a popular place for sightseeing, and you can also swim in the pond.
Things to carry:
- ID proof
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
COVID Guidelines :
- Mask and maintaining social distance with others are mandatory throughout the trip.
- Buses will be fully sanitized before use.
- Carrying your own sanitizers, gloves, face shield and mask is compulsory.
- Food will be freshly cooked and packed as per WHO guidelines.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- A detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
Pravin - 7208620046 | Akshay - 7397823876 | Mrunali - 8591837526 | Nitin - 7387523876 | Chetan - 8928861733
The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
1) What is the distance of Harishchandragad from Mumbai?
Harishchandragad is around 218 km from Mumbai.
2) What is the distance of Harishchandragad from Pune?
Harishchandragad is around 166 km from Pune.
3) Where is Harishchandragad located?
Harishchandragad is located in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
4) What is the Harishchandragad trek difficulty level?
It is an easy to moderate level of trek.
5) What is the height of Harishchandragad trek?
The height is around 1424 metres.
6) What is the best time to Visit Harishchandragad trek?
The best time to visit is from October to February.