- A beautiful fort in Ahmednagar, which gives you a perfect spot for trekking is on everyone's bucket list. Ratangad Fort is a historic fort that is at an elevation of 4255 ft. Located in the western ghat, this extraordinary fort is around 23 km from Bhandardara.
- Ratangad trek is an easy to moderate level trek. It takes around 4-5 hours to reach the Ratangad fort. You will have a stimulating trekking experience, and it will energize your entire mind and body. There are many routes for trekking to the Ratangad fort, and the most popular is the route from Ratanwadi village. While trekking, you will come across various caves, which visitors use for camping. You can sit with your group inside the caves and enjoy the local food.
- When you reach the final destination which is the Ratangad fort, you will see a mesmerizing beauty from the top. You can witness a 360-degree panoramic view of several mountains. You can view the scenic beauty of all the mighty mountains and forts like Alang, Madan, Kulang, Harishchandragad, and many more. Not only this but there is an astonishing view of the Bhandardara lake which will be a treat for your eyes. You can view the mesmerizing cliff in front of you as you walk at the edge of the fort.
- You can have an uninterrupted view of the Sahyadri mountains. The splendid and gradual sunset is a major attraction here. You can also feel the strong wind everywhere which will rejuvenate your mind and soul.
- In monsoons, there is fresh greenery everywhere surrounding the fort and the trek area. Climbing the hill amidst the lush greenery is surreal. You can also witness the gorgeous waterfalls while trekking.
- In winters, the dense forest is filled with fog, and you can also view the vagrant white running clouds. There are also various flowers seen in the winter.
- If you want to have an adventurous trip and spend time in the lap of nature, then you should experience the Ratangad fort trek.
Things to do Near Ratangad:
- Kalsubai peak: The highest peak of the Sahyadri range which is visible from the Ratangad fort is the best place for you to visit. This place has a lot to offer, from beautiful views to adventurous trekking experiences to waterfalls during the trek. It is a must-visit place near Ratangad.
- Bhandardara: Bhandardara is a popular hill station in Igatpuri and is around 190 km from Mumbai. This place has lush greenery everywhere. It is a perfect place for you to chill and have a relaxing day. There are even many places for you to visit such as Arthur lake, waterfalls, etc.
- Amruteshwar Temple: It is a very beautiful temple carved of stones. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The Amruteshwar temple is located in Ratanwadi village. People visit this place to view the beautiful temple and its ancient beauty.
- Ratangad Height: 1296m (4255ft)
- Ratangad Trail: Combination of forest trail and iron ladders.
- Ratangad Trek Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
- Ratangad Trek Endurance: Medium to High
- Ratangad Trek Length: Approx. 6 km
- Ratangad Trek Location: Ratanwadi, Maharashtra 415407
- Ratangad Trek Best Time: June to February
- Ratangad Distance from Mumbai: 178 km
- Ratangad Distance from Pune: 175 km
- June: 11th, 18th, 25th
- July: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
- August: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
- September: 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
- Base Village: Rs 699/-
Mumbai Via Kasara-
- Take 10:50 PM Kasara Fast Local
- 10:50 PM: CSMT
- 11:05 PM: Dadar
- 11:18 PM: Ghatkopar
- 11:34 PM: Thane
- 12:01 AM: Kalyan
- 01:12 AM: Kasara
- 01:12 AM: Kasara
- 01:20 AM: Report to the Trekleaders at Kasara Station Ticket Counter( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 01:30 AM: Start journey towards base village (Ratanwadi) post briefing by Trek Leaders
- 01:50 PM: Report at Kasara Ghat ( https://goo.gl/maps/mVPDgmvuRiC5rCqQ8 )
- 02:10 AM: Igatpuri ( https://goo.gl/maps/6shGazSQyMyubf3L8 )
- 04:30 AM: Reach base village
- 05:00 AM: Get freshen up and have breakfast
- 05:45 AM: Get Assemble, Instructions, and briefing session by Trek Leaders
- 06:00 AM: Start trek to Ratangad
- 09:00 AM: Reach the Top and Relax. Explore the Fort and beautiful views from Ratangad, Do photography
- 10:30 AM: Start descending to the base village as per the instructions by Trek Leaders
- 01:00 AM: Reach Base Village and Have Lunch
- 02:00 PM: Depart for Kasara
- 05:30 PM: Reach Kasara Station (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- Take the next available local train to Mumbai
Pune to Pune-
- 10:00 PM: Report at Fergusson college main gate( https://goo.gl/maps/53XNsyDPwcSVReZW9 )
- 10:30 PM: Pickups from Kasarwadi ( https://goo.gl/maps/fpMtVDhNwiFyVdBm6 )
- 05:00 AM: Reach Base village- Ratanwadi
- 05:30 AM: Get freshen up
- 06:00 AM: Have breakfast
- 06:30 AM: Post briefing and instructions start trek to Ratangad Fort
- 09:30 AM: Reach the top. Explore the fort, enjoy the view, do photography,
- 11:00 PM: Start descending to the base village
- 02:00 PM: Reach base village and have lunch (Veg Thali)
- 03:30 PM: Start return journey to Pune
- 10:00 PM: Reach Pune
- Travel from Mumbai & Pune by Private Bus/Cab as per govt COVID guidelines
- Breakfast & Tea
- Lunch ( Veg Thali )
- Guide Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Travel till pickup points
- 5% Gst on booking tickets
- Any kind of personal expense like Mineral water/lime water/ Soft Drinks/ Extra snacks or meals that are not included in the inclusions, purchased for personal consumption
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned and included in the inclusion of this package.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of Insurance
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
COVID Guidelines :
- Mask and maintaining social distance with others are mandatory throughout the trip.
- Buses will be fully sanitized before use.
- Carrying your own sanitizers, gloves, face shield and mask is compulsory.
- Food will be freshly cooked and packed as per WHO guidelines.
- Seats will be reserved only after Online booking with full payment.
- Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable to another person for the same event.
- The complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule of the event in case it is required due to and according to any technical, environmental circumstances like govt. rules and regulations, weather, etc
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice to the participants
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Pravin - 7208620046 | Akshay - 7397823876 | Nitin - 7387523876
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/trekhieversofficial/
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/trekhievers/
- The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.