- Torna is one of the grandest forts of the Sahyadris. Situated at an elevation of 1400 m above MSL, Torna earns the much-glorified title of 'प्रचंडगड'. It is Swarajya's first conquered fort and has some astonishing features like 'झुंजार माची', 'बालेकिल्ला'. Torna provides a scenic view of Panshet backwaters, Pabey ghat, Sinhagad, Rajgad Fort, etc. This fort is a must-visit on anyone's trekking/adventure list. As stated by James Douglas “If Sinhagad is a Lion’s cave then Torna is an eagle’s nest, this fort truly stands for what his words.
- Base Village: Velhe
- Trek Region: Bhor
- Trek Difficulty: Moderate
- Endurance: Moderate
- Trek Distance: 2.4 km
- Trek Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Max Altitude: 4603 ft
- October:,27, 28
- November: 3, 4, 10 ,11, 17, 18, 24, 25
- December: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- January: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
- February: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24
- March: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- Pune: 1199/-
- Base Village: 699/-
- 10:00 PM: Report to The Trekleaders at Fergusson College Main Gate,( https://goo.gl/maps/53XNsyDPwcSVReZW9 )
- 10:15 PM: Bremen Chowk, Shivneri Bus Stop
- 10:30 PM: Pickups from Wakad-Hinjewadi Flyover (Near Sukhwani Indian Oil Petrol Pump) (https://goo.gl/maps/bwg9SECAAx7JRXPG9)
- 10:50 AM: Pickups from Navale Bridge, Bengalore Highway, NH4
- 01:00 AM: Reach Base Village, Get freshen up, Start The Trek Post Briefing and Instructions by trek leaders
- 04:00 AM: Reach the top of Torna fort and Have Rest For Sometime
- 06:00 to 10:00 AM: Witness the sunrise view and Explore the Fort. Have Breakfast.
- 10:30 AM: Start Descending to the Base Village
- 01:00 PM: Reach Base Village, Get Freshen up and Have Lunch
- 02:30 PM: Start return journey to Pune
- 07:00 PM: Reach Pune( Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- Travel from Pune by Private Bus as per govt COVID guidelines
- Breakfast & Tea
- Lunch ( Veg Thali )
- Entry Fees
- Trek Leaders Charges.
- Trek Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Travel till pickup points
- GST (5%)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the inclusions above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.