- A beautiful fort in Ahmednagar, which gives you a perfect spot for trekking is on everyone's bucket list. Ratangad Fort is a historic fort that is at an elevation of 4255 ft. Located in the western ghat, this extraordinary fort is around 23 km from Bhandardara.
- Ratangad trek is an easy to moderate level trek. It takes around 4-5 hours to reach the Ratangad fort. You will have a stimulating trekking experience, and it will energize your entire mind and body. There are many routes for trekking to the Ratangad fort, and the most popular is the route from Ratanwadi village. While trekking, you will come across various caves, which visitors use for camping. You can sit with your group inside the caves and enjoy the local food.
- When you reach the final destination which is the Ratangad fort, you will see a mesmerizing beauty from the top. You can witness a 360-degree panoramic view of several mountains. You can view the scenic beauty of all the mighty mountains and forts like Alang, Madan, Kulang, Harishchandragad, and many more. Not only this but there is an astonishing view of the Bhandardara Lake which will be a treat for your eyes. You can view the mesmerizing cliff in front of you as you walk at the edge of the fort.
- You can have an uninterrupted view of the Sahyadri mountains. The splendid and gradual sunset is a major attraction here. You can also feel the strong wind everywhere which will rejuvenate your mind and soul.
- In monsoons, there is fresh greenery everywhere surrounding the fort and the trek area. Climbing the hill amidst the lush greenery is surreal. You can also witness the gorgeous waterfalls while trekking.
- In winter, the dense forest is filled with fog, and you can also view the vagrant white running clouds. There are also various flowers seen in the winter.
- If you want to have an adventurous trip and spend time in the lap of nature, then you should experience the Ratangad Fort trek.
Ratangad Trek Information:
- Height: 1296m (4255ft)
- Trail: Combination of forest trail and iron ladders.
- Trek Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
- Trek Endurance: Medium to High
- Trek Length: Approx. 6 km
- Trek Location: Ratanwadi, Maharashtra 415407
- Trek Best Time: June to February
- Distance from Mumbai: 178 km
- August: 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
- September: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- October: 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
- We insist you on taking Friday night departures to avoid the rush.
- We need a minimum of 10 people to operate Friday batches, if not then it will be shifted to the Saturday batch.
Event Fees :
- Mumbai (Kasara): 1299/-
- Base Village: Rs 699/-
Mumbai Itineray Via Kasara:
- Take 09:32 PM Kasara Slow Local
- 09:32 PM: CSMT
- 09:50 PM: Dadar
- 10:06 PM: Ghatkopar
- 10:27 PM: Thane
- 11:03 PM: Kalyan
- 00:13 AM: Kasara
- 00:20 AM: Report to the Trekleaders at Kasara Station Ticket Counter( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 00:40 AM: Start journey towards base village (Ratanwadi) post briefing by Trek Leaders
- 01:20 AM: Report at Kasara Ghat ( https://goo.gl/maps/mVPDgmvuRiC5rCqQ8 )
- 01:40 AM: Igatpuri ( https://goo.gl/maps/6shGazSQyMyubf3L8 )
- 05:00 AM: Reach base village, Get freshen up, and have breakfast
- 06:00 AM: Get assembled, Instructions, and briefing session by Trek Leaders
- 06:30 AM: Start trek to Ratangad
- 09:30 AM: Reach the Top and Relax. Explore the Fort and beautiful views from Ratangad, Do photography
- 10:30 AM: Start descending to the base village as per the instructions by Trek Leaders
- 01:00 AM: Reach Base Village and Have Lunch
- 02:00 PM: Depart for Kasara
- 05:30 PM: Reach Kasara Station (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- Take the next available local train to Mumbai
- 10:00 PM: Report at FC Road ( https://goo.gl/maps/53XNsyDPwcSVReZW9 )
- 10:30 PM: Pickups from Nashik Phata
- 05:00 AM: Reach Base village- Ratanwadi
- 05:30 AM: Get freshen up
- 06:00 AM: Have breakfast
- 06:30 AM: Post briefing and instructions start the trek to Ratangad Fort
- 10:00 PM: Reach the Ratangad Fort Peak, explore the Fort, and its amazing views, do photography, relax yourself
- 11:00 PM: Start descending to the base
- 02:30 PM: Reach Base village
- 03:00 PM: Have lunch
- 04:00 PM: Start return journey to Pune
- 10:00 PM: Reach Pune
- Private Transportation from Pune/Kasara
- Breakfast & Tea
- Lunch (Veg Thali)
- Trek Leader Charges.
- Trek Expertise Charges.
- Forest Entry Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Travel till pickup points
- 5% GST on Booking Tickets
- Any kind of personal expense like Mineral water/lime water/ Soft Drinks/ Extra snacks or meals that are not mentioned in the inclusions, purchased for personal consumption
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned and included in the inclusion of this package.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of Insurance
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pants, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
How to book?
- Scroll down to the "BOOK NOW" button and click it.
- Select your departure date from the calendar and proceed.
- Select your ticket type and quantity. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill out our personal details and proceed.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive tickets along with the WhatsApp group link via email. Click on the link to join the WhatsApp group.
- If you don't receive at WhatsApp group link, don't worry we will email it to you two days prior to the trip.
- Further details about the trip will be shared on that WhatsApp group 1-2 days prior to the trip.
Things to do at Ratangad Fort:
Trek to the Summit: The primary activity at Ratangad is trekking to the summit of the fort. The trek offers beautiful views, challenging terrains, and an opportunity to immerse yourself in nature's serenity. Enjoy the journey as you navigate through lush forests, rocky trails, and ancient structures.
Explore the Fort Complex: Once you reach the top, take time to explore the fort complex. Admire architectural marvels, including the Amruteshwar Temple, which showcases intricate carvings and ancient sculptures. Explore the various chambers, water cisterns, and bastions that have stood the test of time.
Enjoy the Panoramic Views: Ratangad offers breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding Sahyadri mountain range, lush green valleys, and the sparkling Bhandardara Lake. Take in the mesmerizing vistas from the fort's vantage points, and capture stunning photographs of the natural beauty.
Witness the Sunset and Sunrise: Plan your visit to Ratangad in a way that allows you to witness the captivating sunset and sunrise. The changing hues of the sky against the backdrop of the mountains create a magical ambiance that will leave you in awe.
Camping Experience: Spend a night under the starry sky by camping near Ratangad. Set up your tent at a designated camping spot and enjoy the tranquility of the surroundings. Sitting around a bonfire, sharing stories, and stargazing make for a memorable experience.
Bird Watching: Ratangad is home to a variety of bird species. Bird enthusiasts can indulge in some bird watching, spotting colorful avian species in their natural habitat. Keep your binoculars handy to observe the vibrant plumage and listen to the melodious calls of the birds.
Picnic by the Bhandardara Lake: After descending from Ratangad, visit the nearby Bhandardara Lake. Enjoy a leisurely picnic by the lake's serene shores, surrounded by picturesque landscapes. Take a boat ride or simply relax amidst nature's beauty.
Visit the Randha Falls: While in the vicinity, you can also visit the Randha Falls, located near Bhandardara. Marvel at the cascading waterfall, which is a popular tourist attraction. The sight and sound of the gushing water amidst lush greenery create a refreshing experience.
Interact with the Locals: Engage with the friendly locals of Ratanwadi village and learn about their way of life, culture, and traditions. Their warmth and hospitality add to the overall charm of the place.
Capture Memories: Throughout your journey, keep your camera ready to capture the scenic landscapes, historical ruins, and the overall essence of Ratangad. Document your adventure to cherish the memories for years to come.
- Seats will be reserved only after Online booking with full payment.
- Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable to another person for the same event.
- The complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule of the event in case it is required due to and according to any technical, or environmental circumstances like govt. rules and regulations, weather, etc
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice to the participants
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Mukesh -7387642734 | Vrutti - 7304236273 | Pravin - 7208620046
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/trekhieversofficial/
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/trekhievers/
- The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
What is Ratangad? Ratangad is an ancient hill fort located in the Sahyadri mountain range in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, India. It is known for its historical significance, stunning views, and challenging trekking opportunities.
How to reach Ratangad? To reach Ratangad, one can travel to Igatpuri, which is the nearest railway station. From Igatpuri, one can hire a private vehicle or take a local bus to reach the base village of Ratanwadi. The fort can be accessed via a trek from Ratanwadi.
What is the best time to visit Ratangad? The best time to visit Ratangad is during the post-monsoon and winter months, from September to February. The weather during these months is pleasant for trekking, with mild temperatures and clear skies.
What is the difficulty level of the Ratangad trek? The Ratangad trek is considered moderately difficult. It involves a combination of gradual ascents, rocky patches, and some steep sections. It is advisable to have prior trekking experience or be physically fit to undertake this trek.
Are there any accommodation options available near Ratangad? Yes, there are camping facilities available near Ratangad. Visitors can either choose to camp at the base village or carry their own camping equipment. There are also a few homestay options available in Ratanwadi village for those seeking a more comfortable stay.
What are the main attractions on Ratangad? The main attractions of Ratangad include the Amruteshwar Temple, which is a beautiful ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple's intricate carvings and architecture are worth exploring. Additionally, the fort offers panoramic views of the surrounding Sahyadri mountain range and the Bhandardara Lake.
Is it necessary to hire a guide for the Ratangad trek? While it is not mandatory to hire a guide, it is recommended to have a local guide who is familiar with the trekking routes and can provide insights into the fort's history and significance. A guide can also ensure your safety and help navigate the trail effectively.
Are there any water sources available during the trek? Yes, there are a few water sources available during the Ratangad trek, especially during the monsoon season. However, it is advisable to carry your own sufficient water to stay hydrated throughout the trek, as the availability of water cannot be guaranteed.
Can Ratangad be visited during the monsoon season? Yes, Ratangad can be visited during the monsoon season, which usually lasts from June to September. The trek during this time offers lush greenery, flowing waterfalls, and a unique experience. However, it is important to be cautious as the trails can be slippery and the weather conditions can change rapidly.
Are there any food options available near Ratangad? There are limited food options available near Ratangad. It is recommended to carry your own packed meals and snacks for the trek. Some local villagers might offer basic refreshments like tea and snacks, but it is advisable to be self-sufficient in terms of food.
Are there any safety precautions to consider while trekking to Ratangad? Some safety precautions to consider while trekking to Ratangad include carrying necessary trekking gear such as proper shoes, sunscreen, and rain gear. It is also important to follow the trail markers, stay hydrated, be aware of weather conditions, and inform someone about your trekking plans for safety purposes.
Can Ratangad be visited as a day trek? Yes, Ratangad can be visited as a day trek. The trek to the fort usually takes around 3-4 hours, depending on the trekker's pace and the chosen route. It is advisable to start early in the morning to allow enough time to explore the fort and descend before nightfall.
Is camping allowed on Ratangad? Camping is allowed near Ratangad. Visitors can set up their own tents at designated camping spots in the vicinity of the fort. However, it is important to adhere to camping guidelines, respect the environment, and leave no trace behind.
What are the nearby attractions to Ratangad? Some nearby attractions to Ratangad include the Kalsubai Peak, the highest peak in Maharashtra, offering panoramic views of the surrounding region. Bhandardara Lake, known for its scenic beauty and serene ambiance, is also a popular tourist spot. The Wilson Dam and the Sandhan Valley are other attractions that offer additional trekking and sightseeing opportunities.
Is there a historical significance associated with Ratangad? Yes, Ratangad holds historical significance as it was one of the important forts during the Maratha empire. It has witnessed various historical events and was strategically important for defense purposes. The fort's architecture and remnants reflect the rich history of the region and attract history enthusiasts.