Spiti Valley Circuit 8D/7N
About this trip :
- Route: Shimla- Kufri – Chitkul – Nako – Giu – Tabo – Dhankar – Pin Valley – Kaza – Losar – Kunzum Pass – Chandratal – Chhatru – Rohtang Pass – Manali
- Tour Type: Road Trip
- Highest Altitude: 4,600 m
- Total distance covered: 1000+ km (approx)
- Duration: 7 Nights/ 8 Days
Spiti Valley Information:
- The Trans Himalayan regions of Leh, Kargil, Lahaul and Spiti are landscapes which are one of their kinds and cannot be found anywhere else in the country.
- It comprises a high altitude cold desert, high altitude snow-capped peaks and bare stretches of peaks of various colours shaped by the various forces of nature.
- This Trans Himalayan regions are quite remote with extreme climatic conditions, high altitude mountain ranges and impenetrable mountain passes.
- Despite this, the people of the region have adapted themselves to the conditions and happily live here.
- This region also has a number of Buddhist Monasteries (locally called gompas) because Buddhism is practiced majorly by the people of this region which can visit.
- These monasteries have absolute serene surroundings and are situated in really pretty locations.
- Best times to visit this area are from early June to end of September. It is also fine to travel during the monsoons as it does not rain much here in this region.
- You will also visit 1000 years old lang(temple). Key Monastery: A must visit tourist place in Spiti Valley, the Key Gompa is encircled by picturesque mountains and soothing valleys. During this trip, you will be visiting the ancient monasteries, which are famous all over the world like Key monastery, Tabo monastery.
Shimla to Manali :
- 6th to 13th June
- 12th to 20th June
- 20th to 27th June
- 23rd to 30th July
Delhi to Delhi :
- 5th to 14th June
- 11th to 21st June
- 19th to 28th June
- 22nd to 1st July
Mumbai to Mumbai :
- 4th to 15th June
- 10th to 22nd June
- 18th to 29th June
- 21st to 2nd July
- Shimla to Manali : 17,500/- per person
- Delhi to Delhi : 19,500/- per person
- Mumbai to Mumbai : 21,000/- per person
- Pune to Pune : 21,500/- per person
COVID Guidelines :
- Mask and maintaining social distance with others is mandatory throughout the trip.
- Buses will be fully sanitised before the use.
- Carrying your own sanitisers , gloves, face shield and mask is compulsory.
- Food will be freshly cooked and packed as per WHO guidelines.
Detailed Itinerary :
Day 00 : Mumbai / Pune to Delhi
- Report at Bandra Terminals at 10:30 AM
- People from Pune are requested to take 07:15 AM PUNE CSMT SF SPL (02124) Train to Dadar as the train frequency from Pune to Delhi is low and also has odd timings.
- Second boarding point is Borivali station at 11:00 AM for Western line people
Day 01 : Delhi to Shimla
- Reach Delhi 11:00 AM
- Take a bus to Majnu Ka Tilla or take Delhi Darshan Cab
- Reprot at Majnu Ka Tilla at 06:00 PM
- Take a Volvo / Cab to Shimla ( anywhere between 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm )
- Start journey from Delhi to Shimla.
Day 02 : Shimla- Narkanda - Chitkul (250 km | 9 Hours | 11,320 ft)
- This epic Road Trip will start from ISBT Shimla in a comfortable Tempo Traveller.
- We rise and shine early in the morning and get a head start on our road trip to cover 250 kilometres towards Chitkul in 9 hours.
- This small village in the Kinnaur district is the home to some of the finest potatoes in the world. Popularly known as the last inhabited village near the Indo- Tibetan Border, the Indian roads end here at Chitkul. The village is famous for its traditional pahadi houses with roofs made of either slate or wooden planks. Adorned with high snowclad mountain peaks, Chitkul is also often known as the Swiss Alps of India! After feasting on some dinner, we spend the night tucked in in a comfortable homestay, ready for the day ahead.
Day 03 : Chitkul - Nako - Giu - Tabo (200 km | 7-8 Hours | 12,200 ft)
- We start our morning going around Chitkul and experiencing a blissful morning in the Kinnauri region of Himachal.
- From here, we depart for Tabo while crossing the treacherous Malling stream.
- Enroute Tabo we will visit Nako, the most picturesque hamlet of Kinnaur, we visit the Nako Lake.
- After this, we now enter the vast Spiti Valley, while crossing the check post at Sumdo.
- We drive further to the village Giu, located 17 kilometres from Sumdo.
- Giu village is known for its 500 years old mysterious mummy which still has its teeth and hair intact.
- After visiting the temple where this mummy is still preserved we head to Tabo where The Dalai Lama has expressed his wishes to Tabo Monastery since it is considered one of the holiest.
- After a full day of moving around, we finally call it a night at a hotel in Tabo.
Day 04 : Tabo - Dhankar - Pin Valley - Kaza (120 km | 5 Hours | 12,500 ft)
- From Tabo, we then move on to explore Dhankar Monastery.
- Dhankar used to be the administrative capital of Spiti before Kaza. We explore the village and visit the Dhankar Gompa situated asymmetrically atop a steep cliff. This hill-top fort that overlooks the Spiti Valley also once used to serve as a jail in the olden days.
- After spending some amazing moments in this peaceful monastery, we head towards Mudh which is a high-altitude village located in Pin Valley of Spiti District. Pin Valley is known for its Pin Valley National Park, home to the snow leopard and Siberian ibex. With such high reaches and glaciers where humankind seldom goes, Pin Valley might as well be the highlight of your trip.
- Mudh is the last motorable village in India on this side and is also the base camp for several long treks including the famous Pin Bhaba Pass Trek. Known for its sprouting pink blossoms known as Sia Mentok, Mudh is an enchanting land that is sure to leave you awestruck.
- From Mudh, we finally head to our final destination of the day, Kaza, the administrative capital and largest town of Spiti and hit our comfortable beds after these meanderings.
Day 05 : Kaza - Key - Kibber - Chicham - Kaza (50 km | 14,010 ft)
- This day we explore some of the highest inhabited regions of the world. We first visit Key, known for its magnificent Key Monastery situated at the foot of steep ridges, it is also the Biggest Gelugpa Sect Monastery in Spiti.
- This monastery is also known to have a training centre for the Lamas. Overlooking the Spiti River, looking down at the valley from any spot of this upland country is a great sight. Spending some time in the quiet of this monastery can really be a soulful experience, something to remember for a lifetime.
- We then proceed to Kibber, which is a perfect site for sky gazers and astronomy lovers. Kibber is also home to the majestic snow leopard and gives a breath-taking view of Kanamo Peak at 19, 600 feet.
- From Kibber, we visit the famous Chicham Bridge, the highest bridge in Asia and hear stories about the ancient method of using pulley trolleys.
- We return to Kaza for dinner and a night stay.
Day 06 : Kaza - Hikkim - Komic - Langza - Kaza (50 km | 15,049 ft)
- This day we will explore the highest villages of Spiti valley. We head on to Langza, situated at an altitude of 4,400 metres.
- Once at Langza we can stroll around and visit the ancient Langza which is a 1000 years old temple and spot the marine fossils found here in the sedimentary rocks.
- Our next stop will be at Komic, which literally translates to ‘eye of a snow cock’. Komic is the highest motorable village in the world at a height of 4,587 meters.
- After spending some time taking in the beauty of this enchanting village, we head to Hikkim, home of the highest post office in the world and then at last move to the night in our cosy little homestay at Kaza after a day packed with adventures.
Day 07 : Kaza - Losar - Kunzum Pass - Chandratal (100 km | 5 Hours | 15,000 ft)
- From Kaza, we drive through the least populated village of Spiti- Losar, to reach India’s highest motorable mountain pass which connects Kullu and Lahaul to Spiti valley- Kunzum La at 15,000 feet.
- From Kunzum La, we head towards one of the most photogenic places in Spiti Valley- the breath-taking Chandratal Lake (14,100 ft), also known as the lake of the moon.
- This magnificent lake has surprisingly no visible source of water, concluding that the water for this lake comes from underground. We spend the night in camps by the lake and spend our evening gazing at millions of stars on a clear night.
Day 08 : Chandratal - Chhatru - Rohtang Pass - Manali (135 km | 7 Hours | 13,058 ft)
- To celebrate our last day in Spiti Valley, we depart from Chandratal Lake and make our way to Batal, home to the famous Chachi Chachi ka Chandra Dhaba.
- From there we continue our journey on Kaza – Manali Highway while taking a lunch halt at Chhatru.
- Driving beside the Chandra river we pass Gramphoo village just before our ascend towards the Rohtang pass and then descend towards Manali, thus entering the Kullu District.
- Rohtang Pass is a high mountain pass on the eastern Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas, it connects the Kullu Valley with the Lahaul and Spiti Valleys of Himachal Pradesh.
- After a spectacular journey of around 51 kilometres, crossing Rohtang Pass, we reach Manali and check-in our hotel.
- Head out for Cafe Hopping in Old Manali
Day 09 : Vashisht, Jogini Fall, Local Sightseeings
- You will be reaching Manali in morning
- Check-in to the Hotel, freshen up and have breakfast
- Visit Vashisht and start your trek to Jogini Falls
- Visit Vashisht temple & Hot Water Spring on return
- Self explore Manu Temple, Hadimba Temple and Van Vihar
- Bus to Delhi in evening around 07:00 PM
Day 10 : Delhi - Mumbai / Pune
- Reach Delhi by 08:00-09:00 AM .
- Take cab, auto to New Delhi Station or H NIZAMUDDIN
- Board Train 02780 from H NIZAMUDDIN @ 02:50 PM and travel overnight to Pune
- Board Train 02926 from New Delhi @ 04:25 PM and travel overnight to Mumbai
Day 11 : Mumbai / Pune
- Reach Bandra by 03:00 PM
- Reach Pune by 04:00 PM
- Accommodation in Hotel/Homestay/Resort (7 nights)
- Transportation from Shimla to Shimla in Innova or Tempo Traveller.
- MAP meal plan (7 Breakfast and 7 Dinner)
- Experienced and Local Driver cum Guide
- First-Aid Kit/Oxygen Cylinder
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion list
- Meals during Transportation (Lunch)
- Expenses of personal nature
- We do not provide any type of Travel Insurance
- Permit to enter Spiti Valley for foreign travellers
- Expenses raised due to any road blockage or natural calamity
- The itinerary is subject to change and is flexible due to any circumstances which are not in our control
Things to carry:
- Inner Thermals (must-have)
- Down Jacket
- 2x Trek Pants/Jeans
- A fleece jacket or windcheater jacket or windproof jacket to prevent the winds (must-have)
- A good sturdy pair of shoes
- A 50-65 L backpack (Do not carry suitcases or trolley bags please)
- Woollen socks
- Heavy woollens 2-3 sets (Sweatshirts/Fleece/pullovers/warm hoodie)
- Carry a cap and Sunscreen Lotion to protect yourself from direct sunlight as it is too harsh in this region to protect yourself from UV rays
- Sunglasses to protect your eyes from the hard sun
- Hand gloves are a must-have from October to June.
- Woolen Cap (must-have)
- Lip balm
- Carry your *own water bottle* and refill it
- Camera Bag if you use DSLR/GoPro
- Any personal medicine for allergies/Medical conditions
- Spare contact lenses or glasses
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Bsnl/Jio Simcard
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
Payment Details :
UPI ID : 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp 8850043643 for confirmation , we will then share a form for final booking procedure .
TREKHIEVERS POLICIES -
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable on same event.
- Complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule incase
- Organizers hold the rights to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs and no litter policy.
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 10 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- No refund if cancelled 9 days prior to the event .
- No show = No refund.
Vaibhavi - 8850043643 | Nitin - 7387523876 | Chetan - 8928861733 I Sai- 7397823876
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
#trekhievers #trek #nighttrek #thingstodoinpune #things2doinmumbai #thingstodoinmumbai #eventshigh #meetup #weekendgateway #wanderlust #adventure #outdoorevents #maharashtra #maharastratrek #maharastraforts #kalsubai