All the travel enthusiasts, we have something for you. A place that gives the joy of trekking to the frozen lake. Yes, you heard it right! Brahamatal is worth experiencing. Located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, this place has a lot to offer. From magnificent frozen lakes and beautiful scenic views to mesmerizing views of the Himalayas and the Rhododendron forest. Earlier, there was a Roopkund trek that would lead to the frozen lake but was closed. People wanted a similar experience, and that's when Brahamatal came into the picture. Brahamatal offers a blend of adventurous trails and excellent views. Brahamatal is at a height of 12200 ft and the final destination of this trek is the frozen lake where you can witness the sparkling beauty of nature. Brahamatal is a classic winter trek. The route for going to the destination and coming back is different, which means you can witness different scenic views. Another popular place is Lohajung, the base camp for the Brahmatal trek that offers beautiful mountain views. This trekking experience will be a memorable one because of the experiences it has for you. During the trek, you climb through the rhododendron and oak forest which is a mesmerizing treat for your eyes. Also, when you reach the top of the Brahmatal peak, you get to witness the magnificent surrounding views of the Himalayan ranges. The trek level is moderate because this place does have a few steep slopes. If you are an experienced trekker, then this won't be difficult for you. If you want to experience a trek like never before, then Brahmatal is for you.
Get a chance to witness one of the most beautiful peaks of India
Treat your eyes to the extraordinary beauty of Rhododendron and Oak forest.
Experience camping and stargazing at the summit
Experience an exciting trek through the snow-covered mountains
Catch glimpses of magnificent Himalayan Ranges.
Learn about the vibrant culture of the locals
Things to keep in Mind while visiting Brahmatal
You can visit Brahmatal in all seasons
If you wish to witness the frozen lake, then you should visit in winters
It is a moderate level trek
You need to have a bit of experience in trekking
The temperature in Brahmatal during winters is always less than 8 degrees celsius.
The chances of getting acute mountain sickness are high during the Brahmatal trek.
It is advisable to avoid trekking during monsoons because the path tends to get slippery.
There's a possibility that you might not get a network ahead of Lohajung
Day T-1: Mumbai / Pune to Delhi
- Report at Mumbai central station at 08:30 pm
- People from Pune are requested to take a cab.
- The second boarding point is Borivali station for Western line people
Day 00: Delhi - Dehradun ( 254 km l 6 hours l Dehradun 1,466 feet)
- Pick Up Point: Majnu ka Tila around 10:00 pm.
- You will be reaching early morning Dehradun where you will be meeting your fellow trekkers(if any).
Day 01: Dehradun /Kathgodam to Lohajung (220 km l 8-9 hours l Altitude 7600ft)
- The journey starts from Dehradun and takes around 8-9 hours to reach Lohajung which is the base camp for the Brahmatal trek.
- Lohajung is located in the Chamoli district in Uttarakhand.
- Mighty Nanda Ghunti peak welcomes you at Lohajung, enjoy your evening looking at the last rays of the sun disappearing from the peak.
- Lohajung is also the basecamp for the renowned Roopkund trek.
- Overnight stay at a homestay in Lohajung.
Day 02 - Lohajung to Bekaltal( 6 km l 5 hours l Altitude 9690 ft)
- Wake Up early morning and freshen up, have a healthy breakfast, and start your trek towards Bekaltal.
- Today you will get the first glimpse of Mt. Trishul.
- Bekaltal is a lake surrounded by a thick forest.
- The trek is around 6 km and will take around 5 hours to complete the trek.
- Enjoy your evening soaking in the positive vibes of hills.
- Night stay at the campsite.
Day 03: Bekaltal to Daldum via peak summit ( 5.5kms l 6 hours l Altitude 10440ft)
- Wake Up early morning freshen up have a healthy breakfast and start your trek towards Brahmatal Summit.
- You will find yourself between the dense Oak and Rhododendron forests.
- It’s a 5.5kms trek, it will take around 5-6 hours to reach Brahmatal.
- In winter’s Brahmatal lake is completely frozen.
- After the summit descend to Daldum
- Night stay at the campsite.
Day 04: Daldum to Lohajung ( 3.5kms, 3 hours l 7600 ft)
- Wake Up early morning freshen up have a healthy breakfast and start your trek towards Lohajung.
- Enjoy your descent by remembering those moments you spend at the Brahmatal top.
- The descent is around 3.5kms and will take around 3 hours.
- Overnight stay at a homestay in Lohajung.
Day 05: Lohajung to Dehradun (220 km l 8-9 hours l 1483 ft)
- Wake Up early morning and freshen up, have a healthy breakfast, and drive back to Dehradun.
- Take a bus to Delhi from Dehradun
Note: If you're not opting for rafting, we will drop you at Dehradun airport/railway station by 1 PM. You can plan the return journey accordingly.
Add on: Rishikesh rafting - 16 KM with Stay, Cliff Jump - Extra 3000/-
- We will complete the rafting activity before 1 PM
- Take a bus to Delhi at the night
- Travel overnight
Day 07: Delhi - Mumbai
- You will be reaching early morning Delhi.
- Take the train to Mumbai at 04:25 am
- Travel overnight
Day T+1: Reach Mumbai / Pune
- Reach Mumbai around 02:45 pm
- Take a cab to Pune and reach Pune by 08:00 pm
Stay: Guest House/Tents
- Exercise, (Yoga),
- Trekking, Games, Camping, Bonfire with music at the Base campsite.
- Transportation during the Brahmatal Trek.
- Camping equipment like tents, sleeping bags, and sleeping mats.
- Guide, helper, cook, and the other required staff.
- Forest entry charges and all the necessary charges and permit fees while going on Brahmatal Trek
- The basic first aid kit.
- Food: Meals while on trek ( Veg + Egg) from Dinner on 1st Day to Breakfast to Day 6th.
- Morning Evening Tea with Light Snacks during the Trek.
For people who've opted for River Rafting:
- Rafting of 16 KM in Ganga river
- Cliff jumping
- GoPro shoot
- Pick up & Drop from Hotel
- Day 6 stay in Homestay
- River Rafting:
- First-Aid Medical Kit with the Team
- Personal Expenses and also the personal porters for personal use to cover the Brahmatal Trek.
- 5% Gst
- Transport to and from the starting point.
- Insurance of any kind for this Brahma Tal Trek route.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- If you wish to Offload your Backpack ( Personal Bag ) you can give it to Potter / Mules.
- Charges Offloading Per Backpack - 300 / Day.
Rental Gear for 5 days :
- Winter Jacket (-5 degrees) - Rs. 500
- Trekking pole - Rs. 200
- Poncho - Rs. 200
- Gloves - Rs. 200
- Gaiters - Rs. 200
- Crampons - Rs. 400
- Head torch - Rs. 150
- Trekking Shoe - Rs. 500
- GoPro - Rs. 2500
- Trek pant - Rs. 400
Things to carry:
- Day Bag(20-30 liter) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- BackPack(50-60 liter) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits, and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner-wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
Protect Your Head
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
- Lohajung to Lohajung: 6444/-
- Dehradun / Kathgodam to Dehradun / Kathgodam: 7999/- ( 2k extra for Rafting, Cliff jump, Stay)
- Delhi to Delhi: 10,499/- via Non-ac Train / Bus ( 2k extra for Rafting, Cliff jump, Stay)
- Mumbai / Pune to Mumbai / Pune: 12999/- via Non-ac Train ( 2k extra for Rafting, Cliff jump, Stay)
Note: RESERVE YOUR SLOT BY PAYING JUST 3000/- AS A TOKEN AMOUNT
Payment Details :
UPI ID: 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank Name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp 8850043643 for confirmation, we will then share a form for the final booking procedure.
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days before the event date then no refunds will be given.
- No show = No refund.
Trekhievers Policy :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- The detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
Contact details :
Vaibhavi - 8850043643 | Nitin - 7387523876 | Chetan - 8928861733
1) What is the height of the Brahmatal peak?
The Brahmatal trek is at a height of 12200 ft (3734 meters)
2) Can we visit Brahamatal in winter?
Yes, during the winter season, you get to witness the real beauty of Brahamatal and the mesmerizing frozen lake.
3) What is the best time to visit Brahmatal?
The best time to visit Brahmatal is the entire year because every season has a different experience for you.
4) What is the difficulty level of the Brahmatal trek?
The difficulty level of Brahmatal is easy to moderate