About Har Ki Dun Trek
Har Ki Dun, also known as the valley of gods, is one of the most alluring valleys of Western Himalayas. Har Ki Dun is undoubtedly the paradise for beginners in trekking who want to quench their thrust of adventurous outdoor activity and hence serves a perfect destination for beginners in trekking. People looking for long weekend getaways can easily plan a trekking trip to Har ki dun.
Har Ki Dun is a cradle shaped valley situated deep inside Govind Pashu National park. Trekking in Har Ki dun serves as a utopia for adventure junkies and nature lovers. The pine forest of Govind Peshu national park, Meadows of Debshu Bugyal embraces the beauty of trails in Har ki Dun valley. While trekking in Har Ki Dun, the alpine lake of Ruinsara displays an unescapable picturesque view of this beautiful valley. The breeze winds filled with chirping songs of birds make the trials exciting.
Har Ki Dun valley also offers beautiful meadows outlined by different shades of native alpine vegetation making it a perfect campsite destination. Maintaining its natural attire, wildlife species are easily spotted while trekking in Har Ki dun valley. Trekking in Har Ki dun is not confined to wildlife instead it showcases the picturesque view of Swargarohini peak 1 and 2, Bandarpoonch and Kala nag/ Black peak.
Trekking in the Himalayas is not always for experienced trekkers but places like Har Ki dun valley serve a perfect location for beginners in trekking. So don't be a bore on weekends and plan a trek to Har Ki Dun for a lifetime experience.
Basic information :
- Dificulty - Moderate
- Duration - 7D/6N
- Maximum Altitude - 11,700ft
- Base Camp - Sankri
- Best time to visit - Oct-May
- Sankri to Sankri - 9499/-
- Dehradun to Dehradun : 11499/-
- Delhi to Delhi - 12499/-
Note : Please keep a buffer day for your retrun journey .
Dates (fixed departure) :
October - 10 , 17, 24, 31 | November - 7, 14, 21, 28 | December - 5, 12, 19, 26 | January - 2, 16, 23, 30 | February - 6, 13, 20, 27
Day 01: Dehradun to Sankri (200 km | 8 hours drive | Altitude 6,400 feet)
- The trip starts from Dehradun, the drive is about 200 Km to reach Sankri.
- Sankri is a beautiful place, you can take an evening stroll in this beautiful hamlet and enjoy the beautiful sunset.
- Overnight stay at the guest house.
Day 02: Sankri to chilurgad via Taluka (12km drive and 11km trek | Altitude 6,500 feet)
- We begin the day with a short, picturesque and courageous drive to Taluka
- The climb today will be through wonderful blended woods areas and along the Supin waterway.
- On the trail, you will meet local people from the adjacent towns and get the opportunity to see the uncommon development style of the nearby homes.
- Overnight stay at the camps at Chilurgad.
Day 03: Chilurgad to Kalkatiyadhar (9 km | 6 hours | Altitude 9200 feet)
- Begin your trek from Chilurgad to Kalkatiyadhar.
- Trek will be through trails containing multiple water streams
- Overnight stay at campsite at Kalkatiyadhar
Day 04: Kalkatiyadhar - Har Ki Dun - Kalkatiyadhar (12 km | 8 hours | Altitude 11,700 feet)
- Start your trek from Kalkatiyadhar to Har ki Dun
- Reach Har ki Dun and Inhale the beauty of the valley, Swaragrohini-1 Peak is visible from Har ki Dun
- Trek back to the campsite at Kalkatiyadhar.
- Overnight stay at the campsite at Kalkatiyadhar.
Day 05: Kalkatiyadhar to Chilurgad (9 kms | 4 hours | Altitude 6,500 feet)
- After having breakfast in the morning check out from the campsite and start your journey back to Chilurgad.
- Overnight stay at the campsite at Chilurgad.
Day 06: Chilurgad to Sankri.
- Trek back to Taluka.
- A vehicle from Taluka takes us back to Sankri.
- Overnight stay in a guest house at Sankri.
Day 07: Sankri - Dehradun by 6 pm (200kms l 8 hours drive l 1470ft)
- We leave Sankri and reach Dehradun by late afternoon on this day.
How to Reach Sankri:
By Air: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the nearest airport to Sankri. From Airport one can book a cab for Sankri.
By Rail: The Dehradun railway station is the nearest railway station to Sankri and is well connected with Delhi, there are plenty of options to pick your train. You can book a taxi from Dehradun Railway station to Sankri.
By Road: Dehradun is well connected to all major cities. Sankri which is about 180kms away from Dehradun will take around 7-8 hours. You can book a cab or take public transport to reach Sankri, it is well connected with Dehradun.
- Meals will be all veg from Day 1 dinner to Day 7 breakfast. Hot and delicious food will be served at Breakfast and Dinner. During trek packed food will be provided.
- Forest Permits/Camping Charges, if any (Up to the amount charged for Indian nationals)
- Tented accommodation throughout the trek and guest houses at Sankari
- Rent for camping equipment.
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage.
- Meals during road journeys.
- 5% Gst
- Accommodation in Dehradun.
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list.
ATM points and connectivity:
While traveling from Dehradun to Sankri ATM come on the way and people can use the facility. But to be in a safer side people should always carry cash with them.
Things to Carry:
- Woolen Sweater (carry 5 layers during winter trek)
- Fleece Jacket
- Padded Jacket
- T-shirts (3)
- Trekking pants (2)
- Undergarments (4 pair)
- Woolen Cap
- Socks (both cotton and woolen)
- Trekking pole
- Medical Kit.
Payment Details :
UPI ID : 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp 8850043643 for confirmation , we will then share a form for final booking procedure .
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days before the event date then no refunds will be given.
- No show = No refund.
TREKHIEVERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- Detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the rights to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs and no litter policy.
Contact details :
Vaibhavi - 8850043643 | Nitin - 7387523876 | Chetan - 8928861733