The Kuari Pass Trek, also known as Lord Curzon’s Trail, takes you deep in the Garhwal Himalayas, to a maximum altitude of 12,763 ft. This trek in Uttarakhand takes you on one of the most magnificent adventure treks with views of stalwart Himalayan peaks such as Chaukhamba, Nanda Devi, and its twin Nanda Devi East. The Kuari Pass Trek is considered to be one of the best trekking places in Uttarakhand, known as one of the best tourist places in India.
A circuit trail from Joshimath this hike will take you through snow-capped ranges, quaint villages, rich Himalayan meadows or ‘Bugyals’, and valleys of the skiing capital Auli! Go camping amongst the snow drifted forest covers in this fantastic adventure trekking experience of a lifetime! The 33 km long Kuari Pass Trek route is considered an easy to moderate difficulty level trek, with mesmerizing views of the glorious Himalayas that will outweigh any physical effort put in to reach the summit! Mid-December to early March is the best season to take this adventure trek through thick snow layers that accentuate the beauty of the peaks. The temperature usually is 13°C to 18°C during the daytime and at night can go down to -3°C to 4°C. The Kuari Pass Treks is one of the best opportunities for winter trekking in India, it is one of the Himalayan treks open during the winters! However, since you will be trekking in one of the coldest places in India, it would be best to have your trekking equipment ready! You can even get trekking gear on rent if you need it!
One of the many highlights of this expedition is the inclusion of camping. Trekkers will be staying overnight camps and there are few treks with campsite views as spectacular as Kuari Trek offers. Experience the great Indian outdoors with these fabulous treks in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand!
For this mountain trekking experience in India, you will be picked from Haridwar and transportation shall be arranged till Joshimath. The holy city of Haridwar is well-connected to trains and is a comfortable road trip from Delhi as well. The Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun serves as the nearest airport. Alternatively, we will be passing through Rishikesh so we can also arrange pick-up from there too for your convenience.
Kuari trek is not only popular for first-time trekkers but the route along old Himalayan forests and valleys provides unparalleled serenity, guaranteeing an indelible impression
Basic information :
- Dificulty - Moderate
- Duration - 6 Days
- Maximum Altitude - 12,763 Ft.
- Base Camp - Joshimath
Best time to visit - Round the year except monsoon. More snow in the winter months until April.
- Day 01: Rishikesh to Joshimath
- Day 02: Joshimath – Gulling Top
- Day 03: Gulling Top to Tali Forest Camp
- Day 04: Tali forest camp to Kuari pass and back via Khullara top
- Day 05: Tali forest camp - Joshimath via Gurson bugyal and Auli
- Day 06: Joshimath to Rishikesh
Note: On Day 6, you’ll reach Rishikesh between 6 pm and 7 pm. You can book your travel any time after 8 pm.
- Dehradun/Rishikesh to Dehradun/Rishikesh : Rs 9,699/-
- Delhi to Delhi: Rs 12,499/-
Note : Please keep a buffer day for your retrun journey .
- March: 26, 27
- April: 2,3,8,9,10,11,13,15,16,22,23,29,30
- May: 1,7,8,14,15
Day 01: Rishikesh to Joshimath
Altitude: 6724 ft
256 kms drive, approx 10 hours
• Trekkers will be picked from Rishikesh at 6:30am in a Tata Sumo or a similar vehicle (cost is included)
• Arrive at Joshimath by approx. 5 pm – (tea, briefing of the trek & dinner)
• Breakfast and Lunch on the way (exclusive of charges)
• Accommodation at the guest house
• Telephone Network- Available
• Rishikesh to Devprayag (confluence of Bhagirathi river and Alaknanda river)
• Devprayag to Srinagar
• Srinagar to Rudrapryag (confluence of Mandakini river and Alaknanda river)
• Rudrapryag to Karnprayag (confluence of Pindar river and Alaknanda river)
Day 02: Joshimath – Gulling Top
Altitude: 9600 ft
12 kms drive and 6 kms trek, approx 4 hrs
• The trail is a mix of steep and gradual ascent, mostly through villages.
• Hot lunch at camp site
• Water Points- Available at villages in passing
• Accommodation in tent
• Peaks spotted: Dronagri, Hathi Parvat, Gori Parvat
• Drive from Joshimath to Dhak village (6790 ft) (12 kms)
• Trek from Dhak village to Tugasi village (8040 ft) (3.5 kms trek)
• Trek from Tugasi village to Gulling village (8990 ft) (2 kms trek)
• Gulling village to Gulling top camp site (9600 ft) (0.5 km Trek)
Day 03: Gulling Top to Tali Forest Camp
Altitude 11070 ft
4 km trek, approx 5 hrs
• Gulling Top to Forest Hut (first and last water point) (9840 ft) (1 km trek)
• Forest hut to Tali top (Tali lake is there, steep ascent ) (11480 ft) (2 km trek)
• Tali top to Tali top forest camp site (gradual descent) (11070 ft) (1 km trek)
• Oak, Rhododendron (mostly pink and white), walnut forest
• Accommodation in tent
• Peaks :- Nanda Devi, Kalanka, Chang bang, Dronagri, Hathi Parvat, Gori Parvat
Day 04: Tali forest camp to Kuari pass and back via Khullara top
Altitude 12,763 ft
15 km trek, approx 11 hrs
• Tali forest camp to Khullara top (moderate ascent) (11800 ft) (3.5 km trek)
• Khullara top to broken bridge with frozen stream (traverse walk) (12300 ft) (2.5 km trek)
• Broken bridge to KUARI PASS (Strenuous climb) (12763 ft) (1.5 km trek)
• Today is the toughest day
• Carry enough water (no water source on the way)
• Early morning after breakfast start trek to Kuari pass
• Peaks:- Kedarnath Peak, Kedardome, Chaukhambha, Balakun, Neel Kantha, Mukut Parvat, Kamet, Abhi Gamin, Mana I, Ghori Parvat, Hathi Parvat, Dronagiri, Kalanka, Chang Bang, Nanda Devi, Nanda Ghunti
Day 05: Tali forest camp - Joshimath via Gurson bugyal (11150 ft) and Auli (9680 ft)
8 km trek, approx 7 hrs, 13 km drive
• Tali forest camp to Tali lake (111480 ft) (1 km trek)
• Tali lake to Gurson bugyal (11150 ft) (3.5 km trek)
• Gurson bugyal to Auli (9680 ft) (3.5 km trek)
• Auli to Joshimath (6724 ft) (13 km drive)
• Breakfast at Tali camp site
• Lunch Pack on the way
• Joshimath (evening tea, debriefing, dinner)
Day 06: Joshimath to Rishikesh
256 km drive, approx 10 hrs
• Ride will commence at 6 am, reaching destination at around 6 pm
• Breakfast and Lunch will be on the way at a roadside inn, exclusive of charges
- Accommodation. (Guesthouse)Joshimath on Day 1 and Day 5,Ghangharia on Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4
- Meals while on trek from the Day 1st Dinner to the Day 5th Dinner
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader
- First aid: Medical kits,Stretcher, Oxygen cylinder
- All necessary entry fees and permits.
- Porters/mules to carry central equipment.
- Transport Rishikesh to Joshimath and return as per the Itinerary
- Transport Joshimath to Govindghat, Pulna & Badrinath and return as per the itinerary
- Meals during road journeys.
- 5% Gst
- Accommodation in Dehradun.
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list.
Things to Carry:
- Woolen Sweater (carry 5 layers during winter trek)
- Fleece Jacket
- Padded Jacket
- T-shirts (3)
- Trekking pants (2)
- Undergarments (4 pair)
- Woolen Cap
- Socks (both cotton and woolen)
- Trekking pole
- Medical Kit.
Payment Details :
UPI ID : 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp 8850043643 for confirmation , we will then share a form for final booking procedure .
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days before the event date then no refunds will be given.
- No show = No refund.
TREKHIEVERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- Detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the rights to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs and no litter policy.
Contact details :
Nitin - 7387523876