This trek is the only winter trek that is both rewarding and quite scenic. Although popular throughout the year, this trek throws a different landscape when it snows here in Kashmir. The trail becomes a winter wonderland with the canopy of jungle and vast meadows. The trek takes one to the summit of Marchoi Top which makes you witness the best panoramic views of the surrounding valleys and mountain ranges. One sees the breathtaking Harmukh mountain from here as well.
The trek is a mix of snow bridges, jungle walks, frozen river stream of Wangath. This trek is also very much popular among anglers as you can experience trout fishing here.
The trek has a historical site of Indian archeology. The ancient temple at Naranag takes you to the fantastic stonework of the past Kashmir.
Marchoi trek is a 4-day trek that starts at Naranag and ends at Naranag.
Marchoi Trek Information:
- Trail Type: Round Trail
- Altitude:7217ft to 10400ft (Approx)
- Trek Distance:17KM(Approx)
- Base camp: Lohajung
- Best time to visit:November to January
- Grade: Easy to Moderate
- Region: Kashmir
- The panoramic views of the Himalayas
- The trail becomes a winter wonderland with the canopy of jungle and vast meadows
- Views of Harmukh mountain
- Experience one of the finest summits of India
- The ancient temple at Naranag
- Witness the rich culture and lifestyle of locals
- Feel the winter vibes in the charming villages
- Day 1: Drive from Srinagar to Naranag (2 hours drive)
- Day 2: Naranag to Sangri, Marchoi Valley (5 km, 4 hrs)
- Day 3: Summit day. Summit to Marchoi Top (8KM to and fro)
- Day 4: Trek from Sangri to Naranag and then Drive to Srinagar
- November:5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
- December: 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31
- January: 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
- Feberuary: 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
- March: 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
- April: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16
For customized dates & packages 7397823876 & 7387523876
- Srinagar to Srinagar:9000/-Per Person
Note: Pay 4000/- to block your seats, the rest of the payment 15 days prior
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Srinagar to Srinagar
- Accommodation. First night in a local homestay. Rest of the night in the camps on triple sharing in alpine four men tents.
- Mountaineering qualified trek leaders, cooks, and helpers.
- Passes and permission.
- Food. The meals start from the evening snack on the first day to the breakfast on the 4th day. Meals include breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner. All veg meals.
- Tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mattresses.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal expenses.
- Porter services for the personal bag.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion list.
- Porter service/offloading for a personal bag: 800 per bag for the entire trek.
Day 1: Drive from Srinagar to Naranag (2 hours drive)
- The first day of the Marchoi Trek you will stay at a homestay at Naranag.
- This is to acclimatize you with the altitude and the weather.
- You will take a walk in Naranag village in the evening before your dinner.
- The homestay is situated overlooking the snow filled pine forest and the Wangath river.
Day 2: Naranag to Sangri, Marchoi Valley (5 km, 4 hrs)
- Second day of the trek is the easiest with a walk in snow for around 3 kilometers uptill the bridge of Dhumail called the Bridge of Love.
- Here is the confluence of two rivers that make the Wangath river.
- The trail is mostly a walk thrugh the meadow with a patch of jungle just before the Dhumail campsite.
Day 3: Summit day. Summit to Marchoi Top (8KM to and fro)
- The third day of Marchoi trke is a summit day.
- On this day you will have to ascend to the top of the marchoi.
- The grade is moderate and goes via thick jungle and then finishes at the top of the pleatue.
- Return on the same day to the campsite down at Dhumail.
Day 4: Trek from Sangri to Naranag and then Drive to Srinagar
- This is the last day of the trek.
- Trek to Naranag and then drive to Srinagar.
Things To Carry:
- A rucksack bag and a day pack
- 3-liter water bladder or water bottle
- One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve T-shirts
- 1 pair of gloves
- At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favorable)
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 2 pairs of socks
- A small towel
- A rain jacket or a poncho
- Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
- Flip flops/sandals
- Glucose powder
- Medicines for headaches, diarrhea, motion sickness
- Toothpaste, toothbrush
- Paper soap, or sanitizer
- Sunscreen minimum of spf40, lip balm, cold creams
- Body spray
- LED torch light
Payment Details :
UPI ID: 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp number 7387523876 for confirmation, we will then share a form for the final booking procedure.
No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However,
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-30 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, our service partner will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity.
- For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard-earned money.
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable on the same event.
- A complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule in case
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
- Nitin: 7387523876 | Akshay: 7397823876 | Pravin: 7208620046