WINTER EXPEDITION 2022
- The Trans Himalayan regions of Leh, Kargil, Lahaul, and Spiti are landscapes that are one of their kind and cannot be found anywhere else in the country.
- It comprises a high altitude cold desert, high altitude snow-capped peaks and bare stretches of peaks of various colours shaped by the various forces of nature.
- These Trans Himalayan regions are quite remote with extreme climatic conditions, high-altitude mountain ranges, and impenetrable mountain passes.
- Despite this, the people of the region have adapted themselves to the conditions and happily live here.
- This region also has a number of Buddhist Monasteries (locally called gompas) because Buddhism is practiced majorly by the people of this region who can visit.
- These monasteries have absolute serene surroundings and are situated in really pretty locations.
- Best times to visit this area are from early June to the end of September. It is also fine to travel during the monsoons as it does not rain much here in this region.
- You will also visit 1000 years old lang(temple). Key Monastery: A must-visit tourist place in Spiti Valley, the Key Gompa is encircled by picturesque mountains and soothing valleys. During this trip, you will be visiting the ancient monasteries, which are famous all over the world like Key monastery, and Tabo monastery.
- Day 00: Mumbai/Pune/Surat - Delhi
- Day 01: Delhi to Kalpa
- Day 02: Kufri - Kalpa
- Day 03: Transfer From Kalpa To Kaza Via Tabo Nako Lake
- Day 04: Tabo Monastery - Kaza
- Day 05: Kaza - Key - Chicham - Hikkim - Komic - Langza - Losar - Kaza
- Day 06: Sangla
- Day 07: Holi Celebration
- Day 08: Drive To The Last Indian Village - Chitkul - Delhi
- Day 09: Reach Delhi and Depart for Mumbai/Pune/Surat
Available Group Departures:
Delhi to Delhi 7N/8D :
- March : 12th - 21st
Mumbai to Mumbai 9N/10D :
- March : 11th - 22nd
- Delhi to Delhi: 15,999/- per person
Also Available for Mumbai, Pune & Surat at additional cost.
Ad-on ( per person ) :
- Triple Sharing: 2000/- per person
- Double Sharing: 4000/- per person
- Mumbai to Mumbai sleeper train tickets: 2,400/-
- 3AC train from Mumbai: 5,200/-
- Pune to Pune Sleeper train tickets: 2,700/-
- 3AC train from Pune: 3,700/-
Note: Pay 2000/- to block your seats, the rest of the payment 15 days prior
Day 00 : Mumbai / Pune to Delhi
- Report at Bandra Terminals at 10:30 AM
- People from Pune are requested to take 07:15 AM PUNE CSMT SF SPL (02124) Train to Dadar as the train frequency from Pune to Delhi is low and also has odd timings.
- Second boarding point is Borivali station at 11:00 AM for Western line people
Day 01 : Delhi to Kalpa
- Reach Delhi 11:00 AM
- Take a bus to Majnu Ka Tilla or take Delhi Darshan Cab ( own cost)
- Report at Majnu Ka Tilla at 06:00 PM
- Take a Volvo / Cab /Tempo traveller to Kalpa ( anywhere between 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm )
- Start journey from Delhi.
Day 02 : Kalpa
- Breakfast and Drive through Kufri, Narkanda along the Indo-Tibetan highway on the way to Kalpa.
- t’s finally time to bid adieu to the magical and mesmerizing landscapes of Spiti.
- We start afresh in the morning to start , driving to Kalpa in the Kinnaur District. Kalpa is a beautiful village, known best for its apples and chilgoza or the Pinus gerardiana. Located at the base of the Kinnaur Kailash Range, Kalpa is blessed with spectacular views of the higher mountains, especially during sunrise and sunset with the light rays of the sun touching the snow-clad peaks.
- The Shivling Peak standing 6,000 meters tall also looms over the village of Kalpa.
- After exploring through this naturally beautiful village and the famous Suicide point and Kalpa monastery, we retire for the night in our comfortable hotel rooms.
Day 03 : Transfer From Kalpa To Kaza Via Tabo Nako Lake
- Wake up early morning & after breakfast start your journey to Spiti Valley.
- Enter Spiti valley through Sumdo Border.
- Visit Khab ,Nako Lake , Nako monastery and Tabo villages en route Kaza.
- Reach tabo by evening.
- Check-in to the hotel/campsite.
Day 04 : Tabo monastery - Kaza
- Wake up early morning and after having the breakfast, head towards Local sightseen of Spiti Valley.
- Enjoy the scenic drive ,later hault at 1021 year old Tabo monastery followed by 'Gue Monastery and Dhankar Monastery.
- Come back to Kaza by evening.
- Dinner and sleep overnight at Kaza.
Day 05 : Kaza - Key - Chicham - Hikkim - Komic - Langza - Losar - Kaza (50 km | 15,049 ft)
- This day we will explore the highest villages of Spiti valley.
- Visit the most scenic monastery of Spiti Valley – The Key Monastery followed by to the highest suspension bridge in Asia – The Chicham Bridge.
- Our next stop will be at Komic, which literally translates to ‘eye of a snow cock’. Komic is the highest motorable village in the world at a height of 4,587 meters.
- After spending some time taking in the beauty of this enchanting village, we head to Hikkim, home of the highest post office in the world
- Now we head on to Langza, situated at an altitude of 4,400 metres.
- Once at Langza we can stroll around and visit the ancient Langza which is a 1000 years old temple and spot the marine fossils found here in the sedimentary rocks.
- While returning a pit stop for lunch at Losar ,The last village of Spiti Valley.
- And then at last move to the night in our cosy little homestay at Kaza after a day packed with adventures.
Day 06: Sangla
- After having breakfast and some leisure, check-out of the hotel.
- Later Depart for Sangla.
- Experience Holi’s religious rituals , Holika Dahan— the ritual bonfire.
- Dinner and Overnight stay in Sangla
Day 07 : Holi Celebration
- The day of the color fights
- Today is a big day in the valley, the whole people from the valley and nearby villages will gathered in the temple to celebrate the auspicious festival of colours.
- They will be seen grooving on the beats of trumpets and playing with colours.
- Experience Sangla Holi.
- Dinner and Overnight stay in Sangla.
Day 08 : Chitkul - Delhi
- After having breakfast and some leisure, check-out of the hotel.
- Drive to Chitkul: The Last Motorable Village on the Indo-Tibetan Border
- Evening,depart for Delhi.
Buffer Day– It is important to have an extra day as any bad weather condition or landslides may delay your journey. In case another day is utilize, you need to pay extra for buffer day expenses.
Day 09: Delhi - Mumbai / Pune
- Reach Delhi by 12PM
- Take a cab, auto to New Delhi Station, or H NIZAMUDDIN.
- Board Train, and travel overnight to Mumbai/Pune/Surat
Day 10: Mumbai / Pune / Surat
Back Home with amazing memories and experience with new travelmates and Team Trekhievers.
- Accommodation in Hotel/Homestay/Resort (6 nights)
- Transportation from Delhi to Delhi in Innova or Tempo Traveller.
- MAP meal plan (6 Breakfast, 6 Dinner & 1 Dinner)
- Dj night & Bonfire.
- Entry tickets.
- Experienced and Local Driver .
- First-Aid Kit/Oxygen Cylinder
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion list.
- Meals during Transportation and Lunch on trip
- Sightseen in Shimla accommodation, activities .
- Expenses of personal nature
- We do not provide any type of Travel Insurance
- Permit to enter Spiti Valley for foreign travellers.
- Expenses raised due to any road blockage or natural calamity
- The itinerary is subject to change and is flexible due to any circumstances which are not in our control
Things to carry:
- Inner Thermals (must-have)
- Down Jacket
- 2x Trek Pants/Jeans
- A fleece jacket or windcheater jacket or windproof jacket to prevent the winds (must-have)
- A good sturdy pair of shoes
- A 50-65 L backpack (Do not carry suitcases or trolley bags please)
- Woollen socks
- Heavy woollens 2-3 sets (Sweatshirts/Fleece/pullovers/warm hoodie)
- Carry a cap and Sunscreen Lotion to protect yourself from direct sunlight as it is too harsh in this region to protect yourself from UV rays
- Sunglasses to protect your eyes from the hard sun
- Hand gloves are a must-have from October to June.
- Woolen Cap (must-have)
- Lip balm
- Carry your *own water bottle* and refill it
- Camera Bag if you use DSLR/GoPro
- Any personal medicine for allergies/Medical conditions
- Spare contact lenses or glasses
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Bsnl/Jio Simcard
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
Payment Details :
UPI ID : 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp 8850043643 for confirmation , we will then share a form for final booking procedure .
TREKHIEVERS POLICIES -
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable on same event.
- Complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule incase
- Organizers hold the rights to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs and no litter policy.
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 10 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- No refund if cancelled 9 days prior to the event .
- No show = No refund.
Mrunali : 8591837526 | Nitin - 7387523876
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
#trekhievers #trek #nighttrek #thingstodoinpune #things2doinmumbai #thingstodoinmumbai #eventshigh #meetup #weekendgateway #wanderlust #adventure #outdoorevents #maharashtra #maharastratrek #maharastraforts #kalsubai