Triund is a charming hamlet perched at an altitude of about 2,828 m, in the Kangra Valley of Himachal Pradesh. It is located at the foothills of the Dhauladhar range and is considered the heart of McLeodganj and Dharamshala, from where the trek begins.
Triund Trek is considered one of the most popular and easiest treks in Himachal Pradesh. Every year a lot of trekkers and tourists hike this adventurous trail.
Triund is a small hill station with large land of green grass, deodar, oak, pine, and Rhodeodaran forest.
This trek has a lot to give to its takers - an enthralling view of the Dhauladhar range as well as the Kangra valley, the pristine snow glittering in the sunlight, the bright colors of the wild rhododendrons popping out here and there, exploration of the forest amidst massive pine and oak trees, and most importantly, the all-pervasive serenity that makes any trip to the mountains so special.
The total distance of the Triund trek is 9 km (5.6miles) which can be covered in 4-5 hours. Beginners can also undertake this trek.
This adventure trek has two starting points one starts from Dharmakot and the other from Mcleodganj. We will start this trek from Dharmakot. Mcleodganj to Triund distance is 10 km.
Triund is accessible all around the year. The best time to visit Triund is in the months of May-June and September-October. The summer season is counted as the best time to visit and explore the beauty of Triund. For a chilly and snowy experience, winters are a good time to visit. In the monsoon season ( June & July) this place witnesses heavy rainfalls. In monsoon season it is highly advisable not to do trekking in Triund. Camping adds charm to Triund Trek. Experience waking up to the most beautiful sunrises and ending the day with scenic sunsets. In the night, the sky is all star-studded.
On this adventure, experience nature at its best and stay in camps overnight, sharing tents and sleeping in sleeping bags!
Basic information :
- Dificulty - Easy
- Duration - 2 Days.
- Max Altitude : 9350 ft.
- Base - Mcleodganj
- Best time to visit - Around the year
- Day 01: Dharamkot to Triund | 8KMs.
Day 02 : Sunrise at Triund & back to Dharamkot
- Triund Trek with a stay at Letha or Mana Camp : 999/-
- Triund Trek with a stay at Triund Top : 1499/-
Note : Please keep a buffer day for your retrun journey .
Day 01 : Dharamkot to Triund | 8KMs.
10:00 AM - Meet us at Dharamkot, which is less than 2 km from McLeodganj. We will start our trek from here. Prepare yourself to watch the scenic views of nature.
For beginners, this trek will take around 4-5 hours. We will move at a comfortable pace, exploring the trail, peeking through the dense forest, drinking in the brilliant vista.
We will reach Triund before the sunset as that is the one thing that you cannot miss on this trek. Once you’ve witnessed the absolute beauty of the sunset, you can never forget it for life.
In the star-studded night time, we will start our story-swapping session around the campfire, and enjoy our scrumptious dinner.
- Around 10:00 PM - You can retire to your tent for the night.
Day 02 : Sunrise at Triund & back to Dharamkot
- Wake early to enjoy the sunrise. The other thing that you can’t miss on this memorable trek along with the sunset, is the sunrise. The view of the sky rapidly changing colors with the rising sun is more than just beautiful - it takes your breath away.
- After enjoying the sunrise, you can relax for a while, have breakfast and prepare for the day’s upcoming trek.
- This day, we’ll have to start really early since we’ll be retracing our steps that we covered in the past day. However, since the way is mostly a descent, it is easier even for first-timers, and faster.
- We’ll keep the pace comfortable and enjoy the enthralling trek back.
- In the evening, we reach Dharamkot, where this journey ends.
- All licenses and permits.
- Relevant camping gear - including tents and sleeping bags.
- Trekking guide and expertise.
- Dinner on Day 1, Breakfast on Day 2
- Rent for camping equipment.
- Stay will be in tents on sharing basis i.e Double Sharing/ Triple Sharing
- Sleeping Bags and other necessities will be provided
- Personal expenses.
- Any Airfare / Rail fare.
- Other meals not mentioned in package inclusions
- Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
- Additional accommodation.
- Extra luggage.
- Applicable GST
- Charges apply to all exclusive activities.
Things to Carry:
- Woolen Sweater (carry 5 layers during winter trek)
- Fleece Jacket
- Padded Jacket
- T-shirts (3)
- Trekking pants (2)
- Undergarments (4 pair)
- Woolen Cap
- Socks (both cotton and woolen)
- Trekking pole
- Medical Kit.
Payment Details :
UPI ID : 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp 8850043643 for confirmation , we will then share a form for final booking procedure .
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days before the event date then no refunds will be given.
- No show = No refund.
TREKHIEVERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- Detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the rights to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs and no litter policy.
Contact details :
Mrunali - 8591837526 | Nitin - 7387523876