- Triund is a charming hamlet perched at an altitude of about 2,828 m, in the Kangra Valley of Himachal Pradesh. It is located at the foothills of the Dhauladhar range and is considered the heart of McLeodganj and Dharamshala, from where the trek begins. Triund Trek is considered one of the most popular and easiest treks in Himachal Pradesh. Every year a lot of trekkers and tourists hike this adventurous trail. Triund is a small hill station with large land of green grass, deodar, oak, pine, and Rhodeodaran forest.
- This trek has a lot to give to its takers - an enthralling view of the Dhauladhar range as well as the Kangra valley, the pristine snow glittering in the sunlight, the bright colors of the wild rhododendrons popping out here and there, exploration of the forest amidst massive pine and oak trees, and most importantly, the all-pervasive serenity that makes any trip to the mountains so special.
- The total distance of the Triund trek is 9 km (5.6miles) which can be covered in 4-5 hours. Beginners can also undertake this trek. This adventure trek has two starting points one starts from Dharmakot and the other from Mcleodganj. We will start this trek from Dharmakot. Mcleodganj to Triund distance is 10 km.
- Triund is accessible all around the year. The best time to visit Triund is in the months of May-June and September-October. The summer season is counted as the best time to visit and explore the beauty of Triund. For a chilly and snowy experience, winters are a good time to visit. In the monsoon season ( June & July) this place witnesses heavy rainfalls. In monsoon season it is highly advisable not to do trekking in Triund. Camping adds charm to Triund Trek. Experience waking up to the most beautiful sunrises and ending the day with scenic sunsets. In the night, the sky is all star-studded
Triund: Night camping at the top of Triund under the starry sky will be the best experience one can ever have.
- Every day departure.
Dharamkhot: 1499/- per person
- Day 01: Dharamkot to Triund | 8KMs.
- Day 02 : Sunrise at Triund & back to Dharamkot
Note : Please keep a buffer day for your retrun journey .
What is included in the tour
- All licenses and permits.
- Relevant camping gear - including tents and sleeping bags.
- Trekking guide and expertise.
- Dinner on Day 1, Breakfast on Day 2
- Rent for camping equipment.
- Stay will be in tents on sharing basis i.e Double Sharing/ Triple Sharing
- Sleeping Bags and other necessities will be provided.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal expenses.
- Any Airfare / Rail fare.
- Other meals not mentioned in package inclusions
- Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
- Additional accommodation.
- Extra luggage.
- Applicable GST
- Charges apply to all exclusive activities.
- 10:00 AM - Meet us at Dharamkot, which is less than 2 km from McLeodganj. We will start our trek from here. Prepare yourself to watch the scenic views of nature.
- For beginners, this trek will take around 4-5 hours. We will move at a comfortable pace, exploring the trail, peeking through the dense forest, drinking in the brilliant vista.
- We will reach Triund before the sunset as that is the one thing that you cannot miss on this trek. Once you’ve witnessed the absolute beauty of the sunset, you can never forget it for life.
- In the star-studded night time, we will start our story-swapping session around the campfire, and enjoy our scrumptious dinner.
- Around 10:00 PM - You can retire to your tent for the night.
- Wake early to enjoy the sunrise. The other thing that you can’t miss on this memorable trek along with the sunset, is the sunrise. The view of the sky rapidly changing colors with the rising sun is more than just beautiful - it takes your breath away.
- After enjoying the sunrise, you can relax for a while, have breakfast and prepare for the day’s upcoming trek.
- This day, we’ll have to start really early since we’ll be retracing our steps that we covered in the past day. However, since the way is mostly a descent, it is easier even for first-timers, and faster.
- We’ll keep the pace comfortable and enjoy the enthralling trek back.
- In the evening, we reach Dharamkot, where this journey ends.
Things to Carry:
- Day backpack (20 – 30 Ltrs): When you are on a local sightseeing tour, you are required to carry only a few necessary items and for that, you need a day backpack as you will leave your bigger one at your designated stay.
- Floaters or Sandals: When you are spending your day at leisure, a good pair of sandals and floaters will help you to move freely.
- 1 Down Jacket / Main Jacket: It’s emphasized that you need to carry proper layers so you can avoid getting cold which is why you need to carry an insulated jacket that you can put on over your other clothes.
- 1 Pair of Thermal: Thermal is a piece of garment that helps in keeping your body warm in cold temperatures. It is a necessary item that you need when traveling to cold regions.
- Outdoor Shoes: A comfortable shoe is required when traveling outdoors, especially in the mountains. They shouldn’t be chunky, instead, they should be lightweight and sturdy.
- 3 Quick Dry Tees: You must keep at least three pairs of quick dry tees so that you can wash them in between stops for proper hygiene.
- 3 Pair of Cotton Socks: Cotton socks are extremely comfortable to move around in and are lightweight as well which is why you can always count on a good pair of cotton socks while traveling. However, keep in mind to change them and avoid wearing them if they are moist.
- 1 Pair of Woolen Socks: A good pair of woolen socks, especially merino, are comfortable, limit odors and provide adequate insulation from the cold so you can wear them at night.
- 1 Poncho: A poncho is an evolved form of a raincoat that provides coverage to your body as well as your bag and ensures total water protection from the rain.
- Quick-dry towel: A quick-dry towel will help in maintaining proper hygiene. It must dry quickly because the wet fabric will only increase the chance of bacterial growth.
- Gloves: Insulated gloves help in maintaining proper body heat in your hands.
- Sanitizer: Prevent the risk of infections and maintain proper hand hygiene by making sure you carry a hand sanitizer.
- Sun Cap: A lightweight sun cap with side flaps is perfect to keep your head cool and avoid sunburns on a sunny day.
- Lip Balm: Your lips can become chapped due to the harsh cold winds so it's important to keep them moisturized.
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+): To avoid sunburns and chafing, you need to put on sunscreen as well as cold cream.
- Water Bottle (1 Ltrs): Hydration is extremely important when it comes to traveling. Carrying a water bottle that you can refill with Himalayan water is a must.
- Bag for all your Toiletries: A bag with all your essentials including napkins, toothpaste, sanitizers, paper soap, etc should be carried in a ziplock bag.
- Personal Basic Medical Kit: Carrying a medical kit with bandages, Dettol, and medication for headaches, nausea, etc is necessary.
- Sunglasses / People who use spectacles (Use Photochromic glasses instead of contact lenses): Photochromatic glasses are specs that are designed to transform into anti-glare shades depending upon exposure to the sun. They are good when it comes to eye protection but one can also opt for clip-on glasses etc.
- Mobile charger / Power bank: Although you'll get electricity at most places, it is always advisable to carry a charged power bank in case of emergencies.
- Documents: Identification proofs like Aadhar Card, and driver's License.
- Extra Polythene: In case your clothes get wet or your garments don’t dry, you can carry them in polythene. However, make sure that all the plastic that you are carrying into the woods leaves with you. Don’t litter.
- Camera: This should be obvious. To make sure that you get to capture all the great moments from your trip. Make sure that you have enough storage and some extra batteries as well.
Payment Details :
UPI ID: 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp number 7387523876 for confirmation, we will then share a form for the final booking procedure.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
NO REFUND SHALL BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE INITIAL BOOKING AMOUNT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS. HOWEVER IF FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE THEN,
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the trip's start date, 50% of the trip cost will be refunded within 5-7 working days.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the trip's start date, 25% of the trip cost will be refunded within 5-7 working days.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the trip's start date, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees. No refund will be processed.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If we cancel the TRIP, only the TRIP AMOUNT will be refunded.
- A complete schedule of the trek will be given to the registered participants 12 Hours prior on WhatsApp.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule in case of any unavoidable circumstance.
- The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.