Dayara Bugyal is also known as the most picturesque high altitude meadow, situated in Uttarkashi District of Uttarakhand region. ‘Bugyal’ in the local dialect means high altitude meadow or pasture lands. ‘Nature’s own garden’ as one may describe it, is nestled between the Deodar, Pine, Oak and Rhododendron forest. It is home to the rich wildlife that includes wild fox, porcupine, wild boar and many more. Birds like Himalayan Monal, Vulture, Snow Pigeon, Robin and Rosefinch are also easily sighted here. It is a perfect summer trek to witness the green meadows with the backdrop of the mighty Himalayas. These lush green meadows are developed into snow-white ski slopes during the winter season. Thus, in the winter season it is frequented by adventure lovers to take pleasure in Nordic as well as Alpine skiing.
Dayara Bugyal is one of the vast grasslands in India which covers an area of about 28 kilometers at an altitude of 3,408 m. Thus, Dayara Bugyal offers a plethora of magnificence during every season making it an ideal trek for beginners. Climbing towards the meadow altitude of 3,408 m trekkers are spell bound as the Himalayan ranges unfolds itself and peaks like Bandarpoonch, Black Peak, Srikanth, Jaonli and Draupadi ka Danda become clearly visible.
Butter festival also called Andhuri by the locals is a new means of promoting tourism. The festival takes place from 16th to 18th of August every year on the high altitude meadows of Dayara Bugyal. It is a means to express gratitude to Mother Nature for providing food and safety to their cattle. Butter and milk is smeared on each other and people sing and dance to the tunes of Dhol Damau. Cultural programs and folk dances are organized by the locals.
- Trek Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Highest Elevation:10,000 ft/3048 m.
- Trek Duration: 3 Nights 4 Days
- Trek Distance: 18 Kms
- Region: Uttarkashi district of Uttrakhand.
- Base Camp: Barsu Village
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport
- Nearest Station : Dehradun
- Best time to do: Throughout The year
- Temperature :Summers-25° Max/ 10° Min AND in Winters-18° Max/ -5° Min
Electricity:Barsu Village is the last point that has electricity.
Day 1: Dehradun to Barsu (Drive : 7-8 hrs)
Day 2: Barsu to Barnala Tal (Trek : 4-5 hrs trek)
Day 3: Barnala Tal to Dayara Top and back to Barnala Tal (Trek : 2-3 hrs)
Day 4: Barnala Tal to Barsu and drive to Dehradun /Rishikesh (Trek : 5-6 hrs & Drive : 7-8 hrs)
Available Group Departures from Dehradun :
- November - 6,7,13,14,20,21,27,28
- December - 4,5,11,12,18,19,25,26
- January -1,2,8,9,15,16,22,23,29,30
- February - 5,6,12,13,19,20,26,27
- March - 5,6,12,13
Available Group Departures from Delhi:
- November -5,12,19,26
- December - 3, 10, 17, 24,31
- January - 7,14,21, 28
- February - 4,11,18,25
- March - 4, 11
Available Group Departures from Mumbai/Pune :
- November - 5,12,19,26
- December - 3,10,17, 24,31
- January - 7,14,21, 28
- February - 4,11,18,25
- March - 4, 11
- Barsu to Barsu: 4,999/-
- Dehradun to Dehradun:6,999/- ( 3k extra for Rafting, Cliff jump, Stay, Meals)
- Delhi to Delhi: 9,999/- ( 3k extra for Rafting, Cliff jump, Stay, Meals)
- Mumbai / Pune to Mumbai / Pune :12,499/- ( 3k extra for Rafting, Cliff jump, Stay, Meals)
Note: RESERVE YOUR SLOT BY PAYING JUST 2000/- AS A TOKEN AMOUNT
Day 1 - Dehradun to Barsu
- Drive: 186 Km
- Time Taken: 8 Hours
- We start our drive from Dehradun to Barsu early in the morning. The drive is visually appealing as the route is a mix of changing mountain terrain and the colours of holy river Bhagirathi as we go deeper into the valley. Our drive ends as we reach village Barsu. Barsu is a tranquil village which is frequented by trekkers as it is the base-camp of Dayara Bugyal trek. The locals are devotees of Nag Devta and the village has a temple dedicated to Nag Devta. The day ends with a relaxing dinner and an overnight stay in a homestay.
Day 2 - Barsu to Barnala Tal
- Trek: 4 Km
- Time Taken: 3 Hours
- The trek starts early in the morning after breakfast. The village perishes behind the forest trail as we ascend ahead of Barsu on the well-marked trail. The trail goes through an oak & rhododendron forest which finally leads us to a small patch of a meadow. The meadow is home to the beautiful Barnala Tal which is a natural high altitude lake and the holy Nag Devta Temple at one corner of the lake. The day ends as we set up tents for an overnight stay.
Day 3 - Barnala Tal to Dayara Top and back to Barnala Tal
- Trek: 5+5 Km
- Time Taken: 6 Hours
- The trek starts through the forest trail in the morning. As we ascend leaving the forest trail behind we are greeted with some shepherd huts called Chani in the local dialect. As we pass the huts the meadow, Dayara Bugyal welcomes us with the backdrop of the snow capped Himalayan peaks. The lush green expanse of 28 square kilometers has streams and rivers that originate in this alpine meadow. The majestic Himalayan peaks, including Srikanth, Gangotri, Draupadi ka Danda, Jaonli, Bandarpunch and Swargarohini are visible from the meadow.
- In summers, we trek through the green grass and flowers while in winters the trail is covered up with thick snow blanket. We enjoy our time at Dayara top and after relaxing we trek back to Barnala Tal, our campsite for the night.
Day 4: Barnala Tal to Barsu and Drive to Dehradun
- Trek: 4 Km Drive: 186 Km
- Time Taken: 8 Hours
- The trek starts early in the morning as we descend from Barana Tal to village Barsu. The day ends as we drive from Barsu to Dehra Dun filled with the memories of the beautiful Dayara Bugyal.
- Distance: 150 KM || 5 to 6 hrs
- We will reach Dehradun by 8 PM in the evening.
- You can plan your journey as per that. (For people who opted only for the trek)
- Note: Stay will be provided by Trekhievers for the people who opted for rafting.
- Stay: Rishikesh (Homestay - 3 or 4 sharing)
Note: If you're not opting for rafting, we will drop you at Dehradun airport/railway station by evening. You can plan the return journey accordingly.
Add on: Rishikesh rafting - 16 KM with Stay, Meals (Dinner and Breakfast), and Cliff jump - Extra 3000/-
Day 5: We will complete the rafting activity before 1 PM
- Take a bus to Delhi at the night
- Travel overnight
Day 06: Delhi - Mumbai
- You will be reaching early morning Delhi.
- Take the train to Mumbai at 04:25 PM
- Travel overnight
Day T+1: Reach Mumbai / Pune
- Reach Mumbai around 02:45 pm
- Take a cab to Pune and reach Pune by 08:00 pm
- Transport support from Dehradun to Dehradun.
- All vegetarian meals starting from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on the last day.
- Professional guide, cook and support staff.
- Rent for camping equipment.
Clean sleeping bags and mats.
Good quality ¾ or 4 season ‘A’ shaped or dome tents
- Kitchen tents, common tents, toilet tents.
- Forest entry charges for Indian nationals - For non-
Indian passport holders; there will be an additional charge.
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment and NOT personal luggage.
- Triple sharing Tent accommodation throughout the trek.
- Homestay accommodation on 1st Day.
For people who've opted for Rishikesh:
- Rafting of 16 KM in Ganga river
- Cliff jumping
- Pick up & Drop from Hotel
- Day 4 stay in Homestay
- River Rafting:
- First-Aid Medical Kit with the Team
- Personal expenses like tips, personal medicines, phone calls etc.
- Any transport support during the trek apart from what is included above.
- Any cost or services not mentioned in the Inclusions.
- Accommodation in Dehradun.
- Cost arising due to unforeseen incidents like bad weather, medical evacuation, road blocks etc.
- Porter/mule charges to carry personal luggage - Can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 300 per day (1 soft bag per person < 12 kg).
- Personal Gears
- Meals During Transportation
- Any additional permit cost if charged over Rs. 500/-
- GST (5%)
We also offer trekking gear on rental.
Rental Gear for 4days :
- Winter Jacket (-5 degrees) - Rs. 500
- Trekking pole - Rs. 200
- Poncho - Rs. 200
- Gloves - Rs. 200
- Gaiters - Rs. 200
- Crampons - Rs. 400
- Head torch - Rs. 150
- Trekking Shoe - Rs. 500
- GoPro - Rs. 2500
- Trek pant - Rs. 400
ATM Points and Connectivity:
- The last ATM point to withdraw money in any case of emergency before the trek begins is at Purola. After this, there is no place to find any ATM points. But it’s better to withdraw cash from Dehradun.
- Mobile connectivity is obviously not there in the Himalayas. Purola again is the last spot where you can get a stable mobile signal.
Things to carry:
- Day Bag(20-30 liter) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- BackPack(50-60 liter) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits, and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner-wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
Protect Your Head
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Payment Details :
UPI ID: 7387523876@upi
Net banking :
- Name- RAJBALA YADAV
Bank Name - HDFC BANK
ACC No.- 50100308491863
IFSC code- HDFC0002501
- Name- NITIN YADAV
Bank name - PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACC No.- 0530001500002688
IFSC code- PUNB0053000
Please send a screenshot of the payment on WhatsApp 8850043643 for confirmation, we will then share a form for the final booking procedure.
- The token amount is non-refundable.
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 30 days before the event date then no refunds will be given.
- No show = No refund.
Trekhievers Policy :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- The detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
Contact details :
Mrunali: 8591837526 | Nitin - 7387523876 | Chetan - 8928861733