- A famous ancient fort in the district of Ahmednagar is a perfect place for you to visit for a weekend getaway. Located at the Malshej ghat, Harishchandragad fort is around 166 km from Pune and 218 km from Mumbai. It is at an elevation of 1424 meters.
- Harishchandragad is famous for its historic nature. Nature lovers visit this place to have a beautiful view of the fort and the surrounding natural beauty. It even offers a variety of adventures. It is said that Harishchandragad was built in the 6th century. It has various caves which were carved around the 11th century.
- This palace has all the experiences that a perfect trip requires. If you love trekking, then you will love this place because the Harishchandragad trek has multiple routes. It has easy routes for beginner-level trekking, moderate routes for an exciting trekking experience, and difficult routes for a challenging trekking experience. Every trek route is surprising, exciting, and thrilling. And what else do you want?
- Now let's talk about all the nature lovers. During the Harishchandragad trek, you can witness multiple majestic mountains, lush greenery everywhere, and several waterfalls. During monsoons, you can feel the fresh air and hear the soft sound of rustling leaves and chirping birds, which will soothe your mind and body.
- The trek takes around 9 hours, and all the effort is worth it when you reach the final destination that is the Harishchandragad fort. The experience of scenic view beauty from the top is excellent and extraordinary. You can see multiple mountains and spectacular valleys from the top.
- The temperature at the top is cool and calm. The best time to visit this place is in winter as you will witness fog everywhere in the surrounding, which makes this place look more incredible.
- This place will surprise you, and you will cherish the memories for a lifetime. It is a very unexplored place. You should surely visit this place for an unforgettable experience and a great weekend.
Harishchandragad Trek Information:
- Fort Elevation: Fort trail
- Trek Difficulty: Moderate.
- Trek Endurance: Medium to High
- Trek Length: Approx. 2-3 km
- Trek Duration: 2 hrs one way
- Location Address: Paachnai village, Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary, Maharashtra.
- June: 11th, 18th, 25th
- July: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
- August: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
- September: 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
- Base Village: Rs 699/-
Mumbai Via Kasara-
- Take 08:44 PM Kasara Fast Local
- 08:44 PM: CSMT
- 08:58 PM: Dadar
- 09:07 PM: Ghatkopar
- 09:26 PM: Thane
- 09:52 PM: Kalyan
- 11:04 PM: Kasara
- 11:10 PM: Report to the Trekleaders at Kasara Station Ticket Counter( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 11:30 PM: Start journey towards base village (Pachnai) post briefing by Trek Leaders
- 12:10 AM: Report at Kasara Ghat ( https://goo.gl/maps/mVPDgmvuRiC5rCqQ8 )
- 12:30 AM: Igatpuri ( https://goo.gl/maps/6shGazSQyMyubf3L8 )
- 05:00 AM: Reach base village
- 05:30 AM: Get freshen up and have breakfast
- 06:00 AM: Get Assemble, Instructions, and briefing session by Trek Leaders
- 06:15 AM: Start trek to Harishchandragad
- 08:30 AM: Reach the Temple and Relax. Explore the Temple, Caves, Shivlinga and Pushkarni
- 09:30 AM: Continue trek towards Konkankada (Depending upon the weather conditions Trek Leaders will take a call on this and that will be binding for all the participants)
- 10:00 AM: Reach Konkankada, Enjoy the view, do photography, and Relax
- 10:30 PM: Start return hike to the temple
- 11:00 AM: Reach the temple
- 11:30 AM: After a halt for tea and snacks start descending to the base village as per the instructions by Trek Leaders
- 01:30 AM: Reach Base Village and Have Lunch
- 02:30 PM: Depart for Kasara
- 06:00 PM: Reach Kasara Station (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- (Take the next available local train to Mumbai)
- 10:00 PM: Report at FC road ( https://goo.gl/maps/53XNsyDPwcSVReZW9 )
- 10:30 PM: Pickups from Kasarwadi ( https://goo.gl/maps/fpMtVDhNwiFyVdBm6 )
- 04:00 AM: Reach base village and rest for an hour
- 05:30 AM: Wake up call, Get freshen up
- 06:00 AM: Have Breakfast
- 06:30 AM: Post briefing and instructions Start the trek
- 09:00 AM: Reach the top (Harishchandra temple),
- 09:30 AM: Explore Harishchandragad Temple, Caves, shiva linga, Pushkarni
- 09:45 AM: After taking Rest Head towards Konkankada (Only if the weather is clear. Trekleader will take a call accordingly)
- 10:15 AM: Reach Konkankada, Enjoy the view, and do photography
- 10:45 AM: Start return journey towards temple
- 11:15 AM: Reach Temple
- 11:30 AM: After some rest start descending to the base village
- 01:00 PM: Reach the base village, Change the clothes and get freshen up
- 01:30 PM: Have lunch (Veg thali)
- 02:30 PM: Start return journey to Pune
- 09:00 PM: Reach Pune (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- Travel from Mumbai & Pune by Private Bus/Cab as per govt COVID guidelines
- Breakfast & Tea
- Lunch ( Veg Thali )
- Guide Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Travel till pickup points
- 5% Gst on booking tickets
- Any kind of personal expense like Mineral water/lime water/ Soft Drinks/ Extra snacks or meals that are not included in the inclusions, purchased for personal consumption
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned and included in the inclusion of this package.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of Insurance
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
COVID Guidelines :
- Mask and maintaining social distance with others are mandatory throughout the trip.
- Buses will be fully sanitized before use.
- Carrying your own sanitizers, gloves, face shield and mask is compulsory.
- Food will be freshly cooked and packed as per WHO guidelines.
- Seats will be reserved only after Online booking with full payment.
- Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable to another person for the same event.
- The complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule of the event in case it is required due to and according to any technical, environmental circumstances like govt. rules and regulations, weather, etc
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice to the participants
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Vrutti - 7304236273 | Pravin - 7208620046 | Akshay - 7397823876
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/trekhieversofficial/
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/trekhievers/
- The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
1) What is the distance of Harishchandragad from Mumbai?
Harishchandragad is around 218 km from Mumbai.
2) What is the distance of Harishchandragad from Pune?
Harishchandragad is around 166 km from Pune.
3) Where is Harishchandragad located?
Harishchandragad is located in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
4) What is the Harishchandragad trek difficulty level?
It is an easy to moderate level of trek.
5) What is the height of Harishchandragad trek?
The height is around 1424 metres.
6) What is the best time to Visit Harishchandragad trek?
The best time to visit is from October to February.