Maharashtra is known for its breathtaking mountains. We have a perfect spot in Maharashtra for you all trek lovers, and it is Kalsubai Peak. Located in the western ghats of the Sahyadri region and also known as the Everest of Maharashtra, is this beautiful place for you to visit. Kalsubai Shikhar's height is 1646 meters and being the highest peak of Maharashtra, this place is perfect for those who love to do challenging treks.
The Kalsubai trek is a 6.6 km long trek passing through beautiful green landscapes, mesmerizing scenic beauty, and can also witness multiple waterfalls.
You should visit this place to experience the thrilling experience of the trek to conquer the highest peak of Maharashtra. This trek will be a memorable one for you because of its surreal beauty and blissful surroundings. You can even see some really different yet majestic flora and fauna at this place. Walking on the grasslands with your friends is worth experiencing.
After reaching the Kalsubai Shikhar, you will be surprised to see the view, as no words can describe the beauty at the top. You will have a pleasant feeling as you have completed a trek to the highest peak of Maharashtra.
The peak has an astonishing panoramic view of several mountains and forts such as Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad, Harishchandragad, and many more. The glorious golden sunrise view is worth watching. It has a cold, calm, and fresh breeze everywhere which will refresh your mind and body. You can also catch an uninterrupted sight of the Sahyadri mountains from the top.
A perfect place for a getaway to have an exciting experience. The best time to visit the Kalsubai Shikhar is from November to April, as it has the best weather during that time, and you can also see the clear view of the sunrise and sunset.
It is a popular trekking place because this place has a lot to offer. You can also experience the Kalsubai night trek which is a major attraction. The breathtaking mountain views, combinations of graceful waterfalls, dense forest, lush greenery, historical forts, and a lot more. This place is totally worth it for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Things to do at Kalsubai:
Kalsubai temple: Many devotees visit this place for the Kalsubai temple. It is a very auspicious temple, and people visit this temple to seek the blessings of Kalsubai Devi. This temple is located on the top of the Kalsubai peak.
Kalsubai Trek: Kalsubai offers a challenging and thrilling experience of trekking. With abundant natural and scenic beauties, visitors love the Kalsubai trek. It is a popular trekking place because of its memorable and exciting trek experience.
Walk in the grasslands: There is a village near Kalsubai named Bari village, and it has the most amazing lush green grassland. This place is the perfect spot to have a calm and pleasant walk with your loved ones. It is the part of the trek which is indeed the best part of the trek.
- Kalsubai Trek difficulty level: Medium to Difficult
- Base village for Kalsubai peak: Bari
- Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
- Total time required for climbing Kalsubai peak: 3.5 - 4 hours one way
- Duration: 1 night and 2 days
- Kalsubai peak height: 5400 feet approx
- October:,27th, 28th
- November: 3rd, 4th, 10th ,11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th
- December: 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd 29th, 30th
- Mumbai (Kasara): 1599/-
- Base Village: 999/-
Mumbai Via Kasara
(Take Kasara Fast Local From CSMT:11:45 AM)
- 11:45 AM: CSMT
- 12:00 PM: Dadar
- 12:11 PM: Ghatkopar
- 12:27 PM: Thane
- 01:00 PM: Kalyan
- 02.00 PM: Report at Kasara Station ( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 02:30 PM: Take a Lunch Break at Baba da Dhaba (Own Cost)
- 04:00 PM: Reach base village
- 04:30 PM: Start trek to Kalsubai Peak and Enjoy the Sunset on Trek
- 07:00 PM: Reach the top, and Relax, Rest.
- 09:00 PM: Prepare for a Night Under the sky have Delicious Local cuisine for Dinner Followed by Bonfire
- 11:30 PM: Off to the tents for sound sleep.
- 05:00 AM: Wake up Call Get ready for Summit
- 05:30 AM: Start Trek Towards summit for wonderful sunrise view.
- 06:15 AM: Reach Summit Enjoy Sunrise and Click Photos
- 07:00 AM: Start Descending to Base village
- 07:30 AM: Grab a quick Breakfast on the mountain and start the descent
- 11:00 AM: We reach back down at the Base village
- 11:30 PM: Get freshen up, have Refreshment Snacks
- 12:00 PM: Time to head Back to Kasara station
- 01:30 PM: Take a Lunch Break at Baba da Dhaba (Own Cost)
- 03:00 PM: Reach Kasara
- Take next available Local train to Mumbai
- Travel From kasara to Kasara by Private Jeep
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Refreshment Snacks
- Overnight Camping Tent Stay
- Guide Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Tent Accomodation
- Travel till pickup points
- 5% Gst
- Veg Lunch (200/- extra)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Things to carry:
- ID proof
- Proper face mask or shield
- Good grip shoes.
- Torch with extra batteries.
- Extra Pair of clothes.
- Water bottles 2-3 liters.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits, etc.
- Electoral or Glucon D powder.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Blanket/Sleeping bag
- Sun protection cap, goggles.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
1- How to reach Kasara station:
Catch Kasara local from below Station -
- 07:18 pm : CST-Kasara train as per the timings mentioned.
- 07:31 pm : Dadar
- 07:38 pm : Kurla
- 07:58 pm : Thane
- 08:21 pm : Kalyan
- 09:32 pm : Kasara
2- How do I get to Kalsubai?
How to reach Kalsubai Peak -
- Reach Kasara Railway Station.
- Take local Taxi till base village Bari.
- By Road Mumbai - Kasara - Igatpuri - Ghoti - Bari Village.
- Kalsubai Trek from Pune By Road Pune - Sangamner - Rajur - Bhandardara - Bari.
- Kalsubai Trek route is well marked.
- Local guides often accompany climbers to the summit.
2- Are washrooms available during the trek?
No washrooms are only available at the base village.
3- Can we bring our vehicle till base village and is parking available?
Parking is available near the village, Parking fee will be applicable, Car owner parks at own risk.
4- Is Jain food available on this trek?
Yes, we can arrange Jain food for the trek.
5- What are the compulsory things to carry on the trek?
Please carry 3 litres water, torch, rainwear, wear good trekking shoes, wear a full t-shirt and track pants.
6- Will we reach Mumbai Pune on time mentioned?
The itinerary is the approx time during monsoon road conditions are bad there may be delay due to bus breakdown or bad weather in case bus reaches late Trekhievers will not pay for uber or ola or taxi fare.
7- What is the location of Kalsubai?
It is located in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra
8- What is the distance from Pune to Kalsubai?
It is approximately 180 km away from Pune.
9- What is the distance from Mumbai to Kalsubai?
It is approximately 155 km away from Mumbai.
10- What is the difficulty level of the Kalsubai trek?
It is a moderate level trek.
11- What is the height of the Kalsubai peak?
The height is approximately 1646 meters.
12- What is the temperature in Kalsubai during winters?
The temperature during winters is between 10 to 20 degrees.
13- What is the Kalsubai trek distance?
The trek distance is 6.6 km.
14- Is Kalsubai night trek safe?
Yes, the night trek at Kalsubai is safe.
15- What is the best time to visit Kalsubai?
The best time to visit Kalsubai is from November to April.
*** We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / Rafting / Trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewelry etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow friends or other people from our group or outside.****