Matheran Jungle Trek
Matheran Jungle Trek is an easy 8 km one-side trek to a hidden waterfall in the laps of the Sahyadri Mountains, the trail is an easy jungle trail with river crossings and waterfalls. It is perfect for one weekend getaway from Mumbai and Pune. Not to mention but it's a perfect replacement for Rajmachi Trek, Devkund Waterfall Trek, and Kataldhar Waterfall Trek.
Matheran Jungle Trek Information:
- Trek Trail: Jungle trail
- Trek Difficulty: Easy
- Trek Endurance: Easy
- Trek Length: Approx. 8 km (One side)
- Trek Duration: 3hr (One side)
- Trail Location: Secret location near Karjat - Panvel (Exact location will be shared with participants on WhatsApp)
- Best Time: June to August
- Distance from Mumbai: 90 km
- Distance from Pune: 114 km
- June: 12th, 19th, 26th
- July: 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st
- August: 7th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 28th
- September: 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
- Base Village: Rs 699/-
From Mumbai Via our Transport:
- 05:00 AM: Report at Borivali national park
- 05:30 AM - 07:30 AM: Pickups from (Malad, Goregaon, Andheri, Bandra, Dadar, Chembur, Vashi, Nerul, Kharghar, Kalamboli McD) - Check the reporting point details given below for timings
- 09:30 AM: Reach base village and have breakfast
- 10:30 AM: Start our trek to the jungle
- 01:30 PM: Reach a small village in the jungle, and have lunch.
- 03:00 PM: Start trekking back to the base village
- 07:30 PM: Reach Base Village
- 08:00 PM: Start your journey to Mumbai
- 12:00 AM: Reach Mumbai
- 08:00 AM: Report to Trekleaders of Team Trekhievers at Karjat Railway Station
- 08:30 AM: Breakfast at Karjat Railway Station
- 09:00 AM: Leave from Karjat to the starting point of the trek
- 09:30 AM: Start our trek to the summit post briefing and instructions by Trek Leaders
- 10:00 AM: Start our Trek to the Secret Waterfall via Jungle Route
- 01:00 PM: Reach Base Village and have Lunch
- 01:30 PM: Start trek to a hidden waterfall
- 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM: Spend time at the waterfall
- 04:00 PM: Start walking towards the base village
- 07:30 PM: Reach the pickup point.
- 08:00 PM: Take a cab to Karjat Railway Station
- 09:00 PM: Reach Karjat Railway Station
- Travel from Mumbai by Private Cab as per govt COVID guidelines
- Breakfast & Tea
- Lunch ( Veg Thali )
- Guide Charges.
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Forest Entry Charges. (Rs 50)
- Travel till pickup points
- GST (5%)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the inclusions above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Pickup points :
- 05:00 AM: Borivali National park
- 05:30 AM: Samta nagar police station, Kandivali
- 05:45 AM: Sufi Irani Cafe, Goregaon
- 06:00 AM: Hanuman Road Bus Stop Andheri
- 06:20 AM: Kalanagar Bust Stop, Bandra
- 06:30 AM: Neeta Volvo, Sion
- 06:40 AM: Mankhurd Vashi Link Road
- 07:10 AM: Vashi (under the bridge)
- 07:25 AM: Nerul LP
- 07:40 AM: Kharghar station
- 07:55 AM: Kalamboli McD
- 08:00 AM: Karjat Railway Station
- 11:00 PM: Borivali National park
- 09:00 PM: Karjat Railway Station
Return time is subjective to the speed of the group, traffic in return, or any unwanted situation beyond our control and can be delayed. Please inform your family members accordingly.
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
COVID Guidelines :
- Mask and maintaining social distance with others are mandatory throughout the trip.
- Buses will be fully sanitized before use.
- Carrying your own sanitizers, gloves, face shield and mask is compulsory.
- Food will be freshly cooked and packed as per WHO guidelines.
- Seats will be reserved only after Online booking with full payment.
- Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable to another person for the same event.
- The complete schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule of the event in case it is required due to and according to any technical, environmental circumstances like govt. rules and regulations, weather, etc
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice to the participants
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Vrutti - 7304236273 | Pravin - 7208620046 | Akshay - 7397823876
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/trekhieversofficial/
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/trekhievers/
- The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.