- Sandhan Valley, also known as the Valley of Shadows, is a rugged and picturesque canyon located in the Sahyadri mountain range in Maharashtra, India. This hidden gem is a paradise for adventure seekers and nature lovers, offering a thrilling trekking and camping experience.
- Situated in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, Sandhan Valley is approximately 180 kilometers from Mumbai and 200 kilometers from Pune. The journey begins with a drive to Samrad village, the base camp for the trek. From Samrad, you need to hike for around 5-6 hours to reach the valley. The trek takes you through narrow gorges, rocky terrain, and dense forests, making it an exciting adventure.
- This trip will have all the best experiences you can have. There are around 100 ft of rocky patches where you have to do Sandhan valley rappelling with a complete guide and equipment. You can rappel at multiple points, which will be a worth it experience for you. Along with trekking in beautiful nature, you can also experience rock climbing, camping, water crossing in cold water, and a lot more.
- This place is surrounded by mountains, and you can have a beautiful view of many famous peaks and mountains from the summit. This is a phenomenal place with some magnificent views. You can experience camping, at night which will be a blissful experience for you.
- The best time to visit Sandhan Valley is during the post-monsoon season from October to May. The weather is pleasant, the valley is lush with greenery, and the water levels are moderate, making it ideal for the trek.
- Fort Elevation: Fort trail
- Difficulty: Easy-Moderate
- Endurance: Easy-Moderate
- Length: Approx. 2-3 km
- October:,27, 28
- November: 3, 4, 10 ,11, 17, 18, 24, 25
- December: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- January: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
- February: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24
- March: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- Pune: 1599/-
- Base Village: 799/-
- Ziplining: 200/-
- 10:00 PM: Report at Starbucks FC Road ( https://goo.gl/maps/53XNsyDPwcSVReZW9 )
- 10:30 PM: Pickups from Kasarwadi ( https://goo.gl/maps/fpMtVDhNwiFyVdBm6 )
- 05:00 AM: Reach base village, Get freshen up
- 06:30 AM: Have breakfast and Get ready for the Tek
- 07:30 AM: Start our trek to the Sandhan Valley
- 08:00 AM: Reach At Rappeling Spot
- 08:00 AM: 11:00 AM: Activity, Explore half valley, Relax
- 11:00 AM: Start walking back to the Base Village via the same route
- 12:30 PM: Reach Base Village, get Freshen up and have lunch
- 03:30 PM: Start Return Journey to Pune
- 10:00 PM: Reach Pune (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- Travel from Pune to Pune by Priavte Bus
- Lunch (Veg Thali)
- Rappelling Charges
- Trek Guide Charges.
- Forest Entry Charges.
- Trek Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
- Travel till pickup points
- GST (5%)
- Zipline (200 Rs Extra)
- Extra Meals / Mineral water / lime water/ soft drinks purchased for personal consumption
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of Insurance
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
1) What is the difficulty level of the trek?
It is an easy to moderate level trek.
2) Where is Sandhan valley located?
Sandhan valley is located in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
3) What is the Sandhan valley trek distance?
It is approximately 2-3 km.
4) What is the best time to visit Sandhan valley?
The best time to visit Sandhan Valley is from June to February.
5) What is the Sandhan valley distance?
It is approximately 185 km from Mumbai.
6) What is Sandhan valley rappelling height?
The height is approximately 120 ft.